No announcement yet.

Argentine government to undermine Falklands Referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a meeting recently with colleagues from Chile and Brazil who heaped scorn on the situation in Argentina.

The country seems to have the leadership it deserves as is often the case.

We can expect lots more nonesense from Argentina for some time to come.
    What would Occam say?

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
      DMS boots, puttees and condensed milk in a tube. Those were the days

Mind you, the condensed milk was lovely, especially when applied to an oatmeal block.

Paul
      condensed milk in a norgie 10 man flask with 5 massive naffi or rat pack tea bags and a pound of sugar.
      Unbeatable on a cold day and if your working on the range with it you will be suprised how popular you become.
      Real sgt majors tea

... .... .. -

Comment

Mind you, the condensed milk was lovely, especially when applied to an oatmeal block.

Paul

201 BTY 100 FIELD ARTILLERY REGT BEDS AND HERTS YEOMANRY ( V ) By any chance?

... .... .. -

Comment

Why did the MOD buy such famousy crap boots? Rain was not a new invention afterall and northern Germany is not exactly known for being arid.
          What would Occam say?

Comment

Originally posted by queensman View Post
            201 BTY 100 FIELD ARTILLERY REGT BEDS AND HERTS YEOMANRY ( V ) By any chance?

... .... .. -
            Part of the total sum, yes.

condensed milk in a norgie 10 man flask with 5 massive naffi or rat pack tea bags and a pound of sugar.
            Unbeatable on a cold day and if your working on the range with it you will be suprised how popular you become.
            Real sgt majors tea
            Yup! nothing on Gods Earth can beat a strong, sweet well brewed brew.

Paul
            Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 15 Dec 12, 12:27.
            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
            All human ills he can subdue,
            Or with a bauble or medal
            Can win mans heart for you;
            And many a blessing know to stew
            To make a megloamaniac bright;
            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Part of the total sum, yes.

Yup! nothing on Gods Earth can beat a strong, sweet well brewed brew.

Paul
              Leagrave?
              They are now a para artillery unit

... .... .. -

Comment

Originally posted by billscottmorri View Post
                Why did the MOD buy such famousy crap boots? Rain was not a new invention afterall and northern Germany is not exactly known for being arid.
                Because it was the MOD who bought them...

Comment

Leagrave?
                  They are now a para artillery unit

... .... .. -
                  Pegasus Battery. were a half battery (Bedfordshire) in Luton (Leagrave) and (Hertfordshire) in Camp Road, St. Albans.

Now they have the one centre at Leagrave shared with HQ battery 100 Reg

SDR came along and killed what went before, which was a very good battery totaling (with attachments) over 100 excellent 'bods' individuals and a 'Recce' that more than held it's own with the regulars.

I've been both a regular and TA in my days and I can say with all honesty that I enjoyed every minute my years in the TA.

Anyway, you should know it well, considering you only live a couple of miles up the road.

Paul

Comment

Pegasus Battery. were a half battery (Bedfordshire) in Luton (Leagrave) and (Hertfordshire) in Camp Road, St. Albans.

Now they have the one centre at Leagrave shared with HQ battery 100 Reg

SDR came along and killed what went before, which was a very good battery totaling (with attachments) over 100 excellent 'bods' individuals and a 'Recce' that more than held it's own with the regulars.

I've been both a regular and TA in my days and I can say with all honesty that I enjoyed every minute my years in the TA.

Anyway, you should know it well, considering you only live a couple of miles up the road.

Paul
                    Its interesting to know hear some of the old guard.
                    I know the place quite well, and 2 of my kids went to cadets there, we are all originaly from London but moved after i left the army, first to northwood where i had a job in nato hq, then houghton regis when i joined the prison service
                    After 9 yearr in the queens another 14years TA which i watched evolve whth the demands made upon it, i remember one of the leagrave ladr got decorated for rescuing some children from a playground used as an ammo dump in Iraq, the munitions were exploding.
                    Its nice to know you.
                    ... .... .. -

Comment

• Originally posted by queensman View Post
                      Its nice to know you.
                      ... .... .. -
                      Same here mate!

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by billscottmorri View Post
                        they were cheap, starvation cheap.
                        "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

• a strange desire to 'standardise'

Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
                          they were cheap, starvation cheap.
                          Often overtakes government purchasers.
                          the ankle length leather 'artillery boot' takes a nice shine on parade. MArches through sodden bogs is 'outside the box' of thier thinking...
                          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                            Often overtakes government purchasers.
                            the ankle length leather 'artillery boot' takes a nice shine on parade. MArches through sodden bogs is 'outside the box' of thier thinking...
                            They cunningly used every form of construction of footware known to man that was garunteed to leak. Cardboard insoles? Check. Glued on sole? Check. Uppers Cunningly designed to be high enough to cut into the achillies tendon but not high enough to support the ankle.
                            "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

Paul
                              "Puttees" ????
                              How very "Western Front ".
                              Surely not recently ?
                              "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                                "Puttees" ????
                                How very "Western Front ".
                                Surely not recently ?
                                I can remember seeing them in the mid 80's. I think the RAF still still use them, unless they finally got round to issuing a high leg boot.

Comment

Working...
                                X