Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copenhagen
    replied
    Just watched a documentary about the bombing raid on Port Stanley by the Vulcan, the longest bombing raid in history. The effort to get it there was bonkers. This and along with the rest of task force's effort means if the government did a deal over the Falklands with the Argentines they deserve to have a riot on their hands.

Leave a comment:

• Nickuru
    replied
    Originally posted by marktwain View Post
    Before you starve to death....If its any comfort the Paris Hilton Picture is 'enhanced'...
    You have a good point here. The debate would centre on whether the sheep or Paris Hilton had more functioning neurons. Imagine if the wolf had attacked Paris Hilton! Poor wolf! would have keeled over comatose after the first bite and been sent to drug rehabilitation.

Leave a comment:

• queensman
    replied
    The Falkland’s was a 'distance war' that the Argentine military had not prepared for. For example, they had two aerial refueling planes, & could support only 12 Skyhawk fighter bombers per attack. Their supersonic fleet, not refuelable in the air, was too short ranged to effectively reach the islands.
    Even so, the British invasion was a close run affair. Six more bomb hits that exploded , instead of dudding & & they would have had to pull out.

Every ship movement, was tracked by satellite. The Argentinians wisely stopped steaming to the Falklands after the Belgrano was sunk.
    The smartest move the Argy could have done was to land Asphalt & earthmovers as soon as the war was declared, & extended the runways at the Falklands to take their Mirage & Kfir supersonic fighters. The whole affair was run by a rather stupid military Junta.
    You are right it was a close run op, thank god for dodgy argie bombs

... .... .. -

Leave a comment:

• marktwain
    replied
    As I see it ( could be wrong)

Originally posted by queensman View Post
    This is intersting
    The argies never stop whining
    http://m.guardian.co.uk/world

... .... .. -
    The Falkland’s was a 'distance war' that the Argentine military had not prepared for. For example, they had two aerial refueling planes, & could support only 12 Skyhawk fighter bombers per attack. Their supersonic fleet, not refuelable in the air, was too short ranged to effectively reach the islands.
    Even so, the British invasion was a close run affair. Six more bomb hits that exploded , instead of dudding & & they would have had to pull out.

Every ship movement, was tracked by satellite. The Argentinians wisely stopped steaming to the Falklands after the Belgrano was sunk.
    The smartest move the Argy could have done was to land Asphalt & earthmovers as soon as the war was declared, & extended the runways at the Falklands to take their Mirage & Kfir supersonic fighters. The whole affair was run by a rather stupid military Junta.

Leave a comment:

• queensman
    replied
    This is intersting
    The argies never stop whining
    http://m.guardian.co.uk/world

... .... .. -

Leave a comment:

• queensman
    replied
    Before you starve to death....If its any comfort the Paris Hilton Picture is 'enhanced'...
    I am not welsh you know, that would cheer many a taff up.
    When teaching a welsh soldier to ride a motorbike i said to him at the roadside. 'Can you make a u turn here? 'No' says he, ' but i could make its eyes water'

... .... .. -

Leave a comment:

• marktwain
    replied
    mr Coyote has requested that I head back to the paddock...

Looks like my ex wife
    DEFINATLY PUT ME OFF MY LUNCH

... .... .. -
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• queensman
    replied
    'OW 'BOUT A TASTE OF PARIS, GOV'NOR?
    Looks like my ex wife
    DEFINATLY PUT ME OFF MY LUNCH

... .... .. -

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    That was nasty enough the first time you posted it. Besides, if that's all you're interested in you can just hang out here -

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=117372

Leave a comment:

• marktwain
    replied
    Taking up dieting, are we?

you just put me off my breakfast

... .... .. -
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• queensman
    replied
    livin' large....
    you just put me off my breakfast

... .... .. -

Leave a comment:

• marktwain
    replied
    she still won Ms Saskatchewan 2012...

Originally posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
    I understand that she isn't even a real blond!
    livin' large....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bass_Man86
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Hell no! She was born Martha Helen Kostyra in Jersey City, world-capital of the "Five-Finger Discount." Stewart is her ex-husband's name. She kept it only 'cause it suits her über-WASP self-image.

And I'd still rather ball Christina Kirchner than Martha Stewart.
    I understand that she isn't even a real blond!

Leave a comment:

• queensman
    replied
    Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
    I think the idea was to prevent snake bite? That's what I got told any way. Like the red army was going to flood west Germany with snakes!!! DT's anyone?
    The puttee worn with dms boots was meant to add extra support for the ankle, something the dms did not very well.
    I know of soldiers taking boots of argentine bodies

... .... .. -

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
    Thanks Paul and DARKPLACE.

I had visions of those abominations wound around the calf:- ankle to almost the knee- just as they were worn at Ypres.

If not a high combat boot then perhaps a gaiter would have been easier.
    I think the idea was to prevent snake bite? That's what I got told any way. Like the red army was going to flood west Germany with snakes!!! DT's anyone?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X