X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copenhagen
    replied
    Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
    No need to apologise mate. A better term would be suprise attack.
    I'd call it trying murder a load of people in their sleep...

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    Originally posted by Michele View Post
    Well, then I did not express myself well enough. I thought that if side A comes in expecting to surprise side B in their beds, "to sneak" could be an acceptable definition. Sorry, English is not my mother tongue.
    No need to apologise mate. A better term would be suprise attack.

Leave a comment:

• Michele
    replied
    Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
    There was no attempt to sneak in and overpower the garrison, Moody Brook barracks was cleared with phosphorus grenades and machine gun fire.

There were no casualties due to the garrison having enough notice to deploy to defensive positions.
    Well, then I did not express myself well enough. I thought that if side A comes in expecting to surprise side B in their beds, "to sneak" could be an acceptable definition. Sorry, English is not my mother tongue.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF1987
    replied
    Originally posted by ITALICA ONE View Post
    Although I do believe the Islands are rightfully Argentina's
    Say do you also believe that St. Pierre & Miquelon belong to Canada and not France? Shall the United States claim Bermuda because it's near North Carolina? Shall we also claim the British Virgin Islands just because they are next to the US Virgin Islands & Puerto Rico? Hell why don't we just claim Canada?

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    But not in the one important way. Back then, the Argentineans could sneak into the area and overpower a couple companies of Royal marines. Today, if they try anything, they'll be defeated. The ships will be sunk by a British submarine, and any aircraft will be downed beyond their effective range by British fighters. End of the surprise.

Seems like wishful thinking. See above. Read something about the British military presence and readiness, and the Argentinean military capabilities and readiness.
    There was no attempt to sneak in and overpower the garrison, Moody Brook barracks was cleared with phosphorus grenades and machine gun fire.

There were no casualties due to the garrison having enough notice to deploy to defensive positions.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    But not in the one important way. Back then, the Argentineans could sneak into the area and overpower a couple companies of Royal marines.
    I believe it was a single platoon. The Argentineans tried to wipe them out in their beds, but got a nasty shock when they found them awake and ready.

Today, if they try anything, they'll be defeated. The ships will be sunk by a British submarine, and any aircraft will be downed beyond their effective range by British fighters. End of the surprise.
    Yup, any attempt is going to lead to allot of dead Argentineans, and an even more entrenched Population who want to remain British.

Leave a comment:

• Michele
    replied
    Theirs enough senseless wars and killing going on right now I dont wish for another scrap between Argentina and Britian
    You do not wish for it, yet you wrote that we might wake tomorrow to a surprise invasion?

my comment was just a parting jab at my pro British members.
    Ah, I see, just a provocation, thank you for clarifying that.

Leave a comment:

• copenhagen
    replied
    ian my comment was just a parting jab at my pro British members. ]
    So basically you're a self confessed troll.Trolling, trying to bait us with a hope that they invade which would involve killing our fellow countrymen....

Classy guy!
    Last edited by copenhagen; 13 Mar 13, 10:43.

Leave a comment:

• ITALICA ONE
    replied
    Seems like wishful thinking. See above. Read something about the British military presence and readiness, and the Argentinean military capabilities and readiness.
    Theirs enough senseless wars and killing going on right now I dont wish for another scrap between Argentina and Britian my comment was just a parting jab at my pro British members. Although I do believe the Islands are rightfully Argentina's, but then again all anyone has to do is check my previous postings regarding the subject.

Death bed last words. Always pay the Legions, Septimius Severus

http://www.greatmilitarybattles.com/...d_islands.html
    Last edited by GCoyote; 14 Mar 13, 10:50. Reason: fixed [quote] tag

Leave a comment:

• Michele
    replied
    Well not much Argentina can say about a vote like that, but when it comes to the Malvinas the Argies dont believe in Democracy, future events should be quite interesting to watch, the present situation resembles 1982 in so many ways.
    But not in the one important way. Back then, the Argentineans could sneak into the area and overpower a couple companies of Royal marines. Today, if they try anything, they'll be defeated. The ships will be sunk by a British submarine, and any aircraft will be downed beyond their effective range by British fighters. End of the surprise.

Hell, we may wake up tommorow to a surprise Argentine invasion. Goodnight all, Viva las Malvinas

Leave a comment:

• ITALICA ONE
    replied
    Well not much Argentina can say about a vote like that, but when it comes to the Malvinas the Argies dont believe in Democracy, future events should be quite interesting to watch, the present situation resembles 1982 in so many ways. Hell, we may wake up tommorow to a surprise Argentine invasion. Goodnight all, Viva las Malvinas

Death bed last words, Always pay the Legions, Septimius Severus

http://www.greatmilitarybattles.com/...d_islands.html
    Last edited by ITALICA ONE; 12 Mar 13, 22:07. Reason: wrong link

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    But the Argentineans will just say that the referendum should be ignored, so back to square one.
    Until one points to the UN charter that Argantina signed up too. Something like Article one on the first page is the important bit.

Either way the Argantinians stomping around and huffing and puffing is ammusing from our point of view, nothing more. We know they're impotent apart from teddy projection sessions.

Leave a comment:

• Michele
    replied
    Originally posted by Listy View Post

So how was the Argentinians undermining plan doing again?
    Well, the usual. They only listen to what they want to hear and say what's predictable of them.

They wanted no foreign observers to give democratic legitimation to the referendum, and they failed. The Uruguayan parliamentarians who were there as observers were criticized by the Uruguayan government - they were minority MPs. Apart from that unsavory detail, the observers came from several countries, and their preliminary report - as one would expect - validates the voting procedures.

But the Argentineans will just say that the referendum should be ignored, so back to square one.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF1987
    replied
    Awesome job Falkland Islanders

I believe the 99.8% vote broke the all time record of Gibraltar's 99.6% in favor of remaining British in 1967. I believe the Gibraltar 2002 referendum was only about 98.8% in favor of staying British ...

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied

The score:
    1,517 for remaining part of the UK.
    3 for the Argentinian option.

So how was the Argentinians undermining plan doing again?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X