Argentine government to undermine Falklands Referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selous View Post
    I think in that regard Mr Bragg is like most of these celebrities, as you say, he's something of a poster child, I'd expect that to be the case, I've always thought the likes of Geldoff and that fellow from Genesis, and that other ****...Morrisey, were the archetype, I wouldn't be surprised Bragg was in their number. Especially Morrisey; http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ma...tina-morrissey
    Grrr
    Sean Penn will put his oar in I would imagine...

Comment

More idiotic posturing from those idiotic Argentine politicians, but I am sure that Sean Penn's British relations will preen and posture and jump aboard that ship of fools.
      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Falkland's or Malvina's

The recent discovery of perhaps as much as 500 million barrels of oil deposits in the region is certainly going to escalate the already tense situation over the Islands. I seriously doubt that Argentina will just let the oil profits sail past their noses back to Great Britain.

The Malvinas are 300 miles of the coast of Argentina, the Falklands are 8000 miles of the coast of Britain. In this day and age what is a British colony still doing in South American Waters?

http://www.greatmilitarybattles.com/...d_islands.html

Comment

Originally posted by ITALICA ONE View Post
          The recent discovery of perhaps as much as 500 million barrels of oil deposits in the region is certainly going to escalate the already tense situation over the Islands. I seriously doubt that Argentina will just let the oil profits sail past their noses back to Great Britain.

The Malvinas are 300 miles of the coast of Argentina, the Falklands are 8000 miles of the coast of Britain. In this day and age what is a British colony still doing in South American Waters?

It does not matter where it is, it matters what they people living there want - a concept called SELF DETERMINATION. The people of the Falkland Islands are of British descent and wish to remain British. They are NOT Argentinean or even Hispanic. It's quite simple.

Using your logic Canada should invade St. Pierre & Miquelon - afterall they are right next to Canada and far away from France.

Comment

Its there deal with it. If not ask all the Spanish etc decendents to go back to their nationalities of ethnic origin from Argentina At least with the Falkland islanders, there was no-one there when they settled there, and there wasn't no matter what Buenos Aries might say. Get over it...

Comment

It is not a "colony" as you put it and the Argentine claims to it are specious at best as the islands were never settled by Argentina. I have already posted quite a bit on this subject and I am frankly tired of repeating myself. I recommend that you do a bit of research on the history of the Falklands before you go galloping to the defense of Argentina and you can start by looking up my previous posts. Buenos Aires has no legitimate claim to those Islands and their claims are motivated by greed and nothing else.
              Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
              Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Any thoughts, gents?
                I think it's about time you sent the RN down there and gave them a touch up.
                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                  I think it's about time you sent the RN down there and gave them a touch up.
                  given that state the Argies are in, they could probably refloat the Victory and use that to trounce them.
                  Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Whatever the Argentinians try to do to change the referendum won't stop them losing.

Comment

The aim is to dissuade British political personalities from attending the vote as observers, therefore detracting from its legitimacy.
                      I wasn't even aware that the British government was considering inviting 'political personalities' to observe the vote.

Comment

I seriously doubt that Argentina could do one damned thing about it. It's not their islands, it's not their oil.

The Falklands are 300 miles of the coast of Argentina, the Falklands are 8000 miles of the coast of Britain. In this day and age what is a British colony still doing in South American Waters?

The citizens of the Falklands are British and want to remain British. Too effing bad for Argentina. The islands never belonged to Argentina.

In this day and age Argentina should know better than to push forward such and "Imperialist" agenda. Ha, ha, that felt great to type out

They are better off letting their spurious claims go once and for all and trying to improve relations with Great Britain and the Falkland Islands.

Oh, I fixed your typo too. You're welcome.
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Perhaps Argentina should stamp their feet and make a nasty scowling face. That should sort out them pesky democrats!

Who do those Falkies think they are anyway running around voting on things! How on earth do they ever think they will integrate with Argentina with that attitude?
                          What would Occam say?

Comment

On a recent article I wrote about Gib, some snarky commentator pointed out that under UN law a vote to remain in place, if conducted by a 'settler' or 'colonial' people doesn't count as they're there 'illegally'. Good luck getting the police force to carry out that 'law.
                            ------
                            'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

On a recent article I wrote about Gib, some snarky commentator pointed out that under UN law a vote to remain in place, if conducted by a 'settler' or 'colonial' people doesn't count as they're there 'illegally'. Good luck getting the police force to carry out that 'law.
                              So that means a vote by Bermuda to remain a British Overseas Territory is invalid even though nobody lived there before the British settled the island?

The British ARE Bermuda' indigenous people!

Comment

Likewise the Falklands issue. And Gibraltar's popn is mostly Sicilian and Maltese too, and they've been there for some time. I don't blame these Banana Republics for trying to get these bits of land back, it's perfectly natural. We just need to look more to accepting that it may not be resolved, and prepared to keep the status quo, rather than seeking to settle some kind of 'right or wrong' about these issues, when there's arguments for both sides (not that I think much of the opposing arguments, but there's no qualified judge and police force to carry anything out)
                                ------
                                'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Working...
                                X