Argentine government to undermine Falklands Referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ITALICA ONE View Post
    Theirs enough senseless wars and killing going on right now I dont wish for another scrap between Argentina and Britian
    You do not wish for it, yet you wrote that we might wake tomorrow to a surprise invasion?

my comment was just a parting jab at my pro British members.
    Ah, I see, just a provocation, thank you for clarifying that.
    Michele

Comment

• Originally posted by Michele View Post
      But not in the one important way. Back then, the Argentineans could sneak into the area and overpower a couple companies of Royal marines.
      I believe it was a single platoon. The Argentineans tried to wipe them out in their beds, but got a nasty shock when they found them awake and ready.

Originally posted by Michele View Post
      Today, if they try anything, they'll be defeated. The ships will be sunk by a British submarine, and any aircraft will be downed beyond their effective range by British fighters. End of the surprise.
      Yup, any attempt is going to lead to allot of dead Argentineans, and an even more entrenched Population who want to remain British.
      Winnie says
      ---------------------------------
      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
      Herr Flick.

Comment

But not in the one important way. Back then, the Argentineans could sneak into the area and overpower a couple companies of Royal marines. Today, if they try anything, they'll be defeated. The ships will be sunk by a British submarine, and any aircraft will be downed beyond their effective range by British fighters. End of the surprise.

Seems like wishful thinking. See above. Read something about the British military presence and readiness, and the Argentinean military capabilities and readiness.
        There was no attempt to sneak in and overpower the garrison, Moody Brook barracks was cleared with phosphorus grenades and machine gun fire.

There were no casualties due to the garrison having enough notice to deploy to defensive positions.
        "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Although I do believe the Islands are rightfully Argentina's
          Say do you also believe that St. Pierre & Miquelon belong to Canada and not France? Shall the United States claim Bermuda because it's near North Carolina? Shall we also claim the British Virgin Islands just because they are next to the US Virgin Islands & Puerto Rico? Hell why don't we just claim Canada?

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
            There was no attempt to sneak in and overpower the garrison, Moody Brook barracks was cleared with phosphorus grenades and machine gun fire.

There were no casualties due to the garrison having enough notice to deploy to defensive positions.
            Well, then I did not express myself well enough. I thought that if side A comes in expecting to surprise side B in their beds, "to sneak" could be an acceptable definition. Sorry, English is not my mother tongue.
            Michele

Comment

Well, then I did not express myself well enough. I thought that if side A comes in expecting to surprise side B in their beds, "to sneak" could be an acceptable definition. Sorry, English is not my mother tongue.
              No need to apologise mate. A better term would be suprise attack.
              "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
                No need to apologise mate. A better term would be suprise attack.
                I'd call it trying murder a load of people in their sleep...

Comment

• Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                  I'd call it trying murder a load of people in their sleep...
                  That would depend on having issued anything at least vaguely resembling a declaration of war beforehand, or not. Anything like that, that you know?
                  Michele

Comment

So basically you're a self confessed troll.Trolling, trying to bait us with a hope that they invade which would involve killing our fellow countrymen....

Classy guy!
                    I dont know what Trolling is and I dont care. If my comments are going to solicite literary attacks on my being then I will cease on this subject.

Death bed last words. Always pay the Legions, Septimius Severus

Comment

I dont know what Trolling is and I dont care. If my comments are going to solicite literary attacks on my being then I will cease on this subject.

Dont advocate Argentine troops attacking my fellow countrymen as a
                      "a parting jab at my pro British members"
                      (your words) and you wont get a response you don't like....

Comment

Dont advocate Argentine troops attacking my fellow countrymen as a (your words) and you wont get a response you don't like....
                        I understand your view, I now see how my comments may be taken in a different light which were not my original intentions. I will choose my words more carfully in the future.

Comment

I understand your view, I now see how my comments may be taken in a different light which were not my original intentions. I will choose my words more carfully in the future.

Thankyou....

Comment

That would depend on having issued anything at least vaguely resembling a declaration of war beforehand, or not. Anything like that, that you know?
                            They didn't...

Comment

They didn't...
                              A pity. That would probably qualify as a crime against peace.
                              Michele

Comment

• There was no declaration of war

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                                adfair, THE ARGENTINIAN VIEW AS THAT they were reclaiming occupied Argentien Land in a 'police action', hence no warning. \ It does appear that tyhey woudl have asked the RM to surrender.

Raather lawyer weaselly, I would say...
                                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X