Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugo the pirate.

The title says it all.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/09/07/us-ship-captain-detained-in-venezuela-after-guns-found-on-ship/

Chávez, a fierce critic of U.S. policies, said the man could be involved in a purported plot to destabilize the country if the opposition loses the Oct. 7 presidential vote. But the president did not provide any details regarding the man's suspected involvement in the alleged conspiracy.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Obviously a smuggler because it is soooo hard to get guns in South America.
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Maybe Chavez is trying to setup a situation that could make his ally in DC look good at election time?

Also, the quote I posted from the article refers to a different US citizen that was arrested crossing the Venezuelan border.
      Last edited by Gixxer86g; 08 Sep 12, 06:54.
      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Yeah it looks like there are at least two cases in progress but neither is of a scale that would make them look like anything to be taken seriously.

Hugo is just trying to score political points any way he can.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

I would sooner trust Edward Teach (Blackbeard the pirate) than this Hugo Chavez character. Venezuela is notorious for corruption, and Chavez set up a very nice dictatorship for his friends and family to get rich on at the expense of the rest of the population.

That a country with such riches, not just oil and gas but agriculture and mining, has such a pathetic standard of living is a reflection of corruption. I work in engineering, one of my colleagues went to Venezuela and when leaving had his passport taken by the police at the airport. He was told that he would not get his passport back unless he gave the police all the money he had in his wallet.
          Last edited by Nickuru; 29 Sep 12, 18:18. Reason: spelling
          When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nº 8
          Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana
          "Ach du schwein" a German parrot captured at Bukoba GEA the only prisoner taken

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X