Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuban President Raul Castro 'willing to talk to US'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I would to get my hands on all those old cars they still drive.
    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
    - Col. David Hackworth

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
      I would to get my hands on all those old cars they still drive.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
        Yes, the land they seized from US citizens & corporations in 1962 I believe it was. They are also sheltering criminals and terrorists like Assata Shakur.

        Ernest Hemingway for instance lost his vacation home and library with over 10,000 books.
        I hate to tell you this but that can happen in any country by the stroke of a pen. Once lost it will not be returned.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

        ~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

        Comment


        • #34
          So, Copenhagen, the bottom line is that you do not have a cite and are writing an IIRC. Fine, I'll do the research myself. Can't see why the CIA would need to mob to deliver weapons to Castro, considering just what was going on in Miami at the time in terms of surplus military weapons sales. Santos Trafficante testified before congress. OK, but no cite and IIRC. Hmm, does everyone always tell the truth to Congress? I'll run it up.
          dit: Lirelou

          Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by lirelou View Post
            So, Copenhagen, the bottom line is that you do not have a cite and are writing an IIRC. Fine, I'll do the research myself. Can't see why the CIA would need to mob to deliver weapons to Castro, considering just what was going on in Miami at the time in terms of surplus military weapons sales. Santos Trafficante testified before congress. OK, but no cite and IIRC. Hmm, does everyone always tell the truth to Congress? I'll run it up.
            Stop taking yourself so seriosuly , this isn't the Oxford debating room. There's "Brothers" the author name escapes right now. One minute to midnight is another. I don't have many of them anymore. A lot of the arms shipments didn't come out of Florida, they came out of New Orleans viaq CIA planes and Carlos Marcello's backyard not Trafficante directly. Roselli ended up dead because of the House Committee on Assasinations investigations where he and Trafficante did talk about Cuba and Castro but never got their second chance to talk.
            Last edited by copenhagen; 16 Aug 12, 10:14.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
              Stop taking yourself so seriosuly , this isn't the Oxford debating room. There's "Brothers" the author name escapes right now. One minute to midnight is another. I don't have many of them anymore. A lot of the arms shipments didn't come out of Florida, they came out of New Orleans viaq CIA planes and Carlos Marcello's backyard not Trafficante directly. Roselli ended up dead because of the House Committee on Assasinations investigations where he and Trafficante did talk about Cuba and Castro but never got their second chance to talk.
              You mean Sam Giancana and not Trafficante. Trafficante died of old age but Giancana was murdered in 1975.

              Some commentators have alleged that the CIA killed Giancana because of his troubled history with the agency. However, former CIA Director William Colby has been quoted as saying, "We had nothing to do with it."[22]
              Another theory is that Trafficante crime family boss Santo Trafficante, Jr. ordered Giancana's murder due to mob fears that Giancana would testify about Cosa Nostra and CIA plots to kill Cuban president Fidel Castro. Trafficante would have needed permission from Outfit bosses Tony Accardo and Joseph Aiuppa to kill Giancana. Johnny Roselli, whose body was found stuffed in an oil drum floating off Miami, was definitely killed on Trafficante's orders.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Giancana

              The CIA and the Mob were most definitely in bed together in the early 60's and this has been proved by the declassified CIA 'Family Jewels' documents.

              Another good read on this (and the Hoffa hit) is 'I heard you paint houses'. It's the autobiography of Frank Sheeran, mob hitman, who mixed with all of the big boys of the era. The mob pretty much did as it pleased back then, and was backed by some very powerful and outwardly looking legitimate people.

              Edit: Ahh. You edited yours before I noticed. Never mind. Carry on.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

              That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                You mean Sam Giancana and not Trafficante. Trafficante died of old age but Giancana was murdered in 1975.



                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Giancana

                The CIA and the Mob were most definitely in bed together in the early 60's and this has been proved by the declassified CIA 'Family Jewels' documents.

                Another good read on this (and the Hoffa hit) is 'I heard you paint houses'. It's the autobiography of Frank Sheeran, mob hitman, who mixed with all of the big boys of the era. The mob pretty much did as it pleased back then, and was backed by some very powerful and outwardly looking legitimate people.

                Edit: Ahh. You edited yours before I noticed. Never mind. Carry on.
                I know Trafficante died of old age I didnt mean to give the impression that he was hit over this, sorry. Giancana certainly was you're right. Roselli ended up floating off Miami in an oil drum chopped up with a chainsaw IIRC as you say.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                  I know Trafficante died of old age I didnt mean to give the impression that he was hit over this, sorry. Giancana certainly was you're right. Roselli ended up floating off Miami in an oil drum chopped up with a chainsaw IIRC.
                  Nah, you're right, mate. I'm a mob fanboi and don't want to kill any discussion about them. You picked it up ASAP on the edit anyway.

                  The Family Jewels material is pretty interesting, moreso that some of it is still classified. If it's hotter than the stuff they did release it must contain some very damaging stuff indeed.
                  Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

                  That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                    Nah, you're right, mate. I'm a mob fanboi and don't want to kill any discussion about them. You picked it up ASAP on the edit anyway.

                    The Family Jewels material is pretty interesting, moreso that some of it is still classified. If it's hotter than the stuff they did release it must contain some very damaging stuff indeed.
                    Well the notion which is gaining traction is that Watergate had something to do with this, that it had connections to Nixons involvement with overseeing hitting Castro using the CIA and the mob connection in his final months as Vice President which involved E. Hunt and Frank Sturgis also involved in Watergate. Hunt was a "scab" that Nixon didn't want picked at and who he wanted paying off because it seems Hunt knew things about the beginnings of Operation Mongoose that Nixon did not want to come to light. Nor did the CIA.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      A lot of the arms shipments didn't come out of Florida, they came out of New Orleans viaq CIA planes and Carlos Marcello's backyard not Trafficante directly.
                      Yes, New Orleans was the largest U.S. port serving Latin America. Miami, however, had morphed into a hub for surplus miloitry weapons sales. Open any Field and Stream of the period, or any gun magazine, and note where the surplus arms sails were out of. OK, I won't take it seriously, but I was under the naive impression that this was a serious thread about Cuba and the Castro brothers. In that light, what's your take on the American Comandante Morgan, who broke with Castro over the direction the revolution was taking. Does his earlier connections with the mob in Florida mean Castro had mob support? There's an article on him in the 28 May issue of the New Yorker magazine by David Gram.
                      dit: Lirelou

                      Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by lirelou View Post
                        Yes, New Orleans was the largest U.S. port serving Latin America. Miami, however, had morphed into a hub for surplus miloitry weapons sales. Open any Field and Stream of the period, or any gun magazine, and note where the surplus arms sails were out of. OK, I won't take it seriously, but I was under the naive impression that this was a serious thread about Cuba and the Castro brothers. In that light, what's your take on the American Comandante Morgan, who broke with Castro over the direction the revolution was taking. Does his earlier connections with the mob in Florida mean Castro had mob support? There's an article on him in the 28 May issue of the New Yorker magazine by David Gram.
                        I take the converation serioiusly but Im not the oracle or Don of Cuba or Mob sources. I'm just enjoying myself not trying to get one over you. If I was wrong or whatever so be it. Castro got mob support and from the CIA because they were hedging their bets. They thought they could do business with Castro at first until mobsters like Trafficante got a rude awakening by being locked up. As for Morgan, I actually can't comment on him as I don't know. However you've given me something new to look at ...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Hope you enjoy the Morgan article. The item that amazed me is that Morgan's Cuban second in command went on to found Alpha 66. So much for the idea that they were former Batista supporters, which is what I had presumed.
                          dit: Lirelou

                          Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by lirelou View Post
                            Hope you enjoy the Morgan article. The item that amazed me is that Morgan's Cuban second in command went on to found Alpha 66. So much for the idea that they were former Batista supporters, which is what I had presumed.
                            I think like a lot of these revolutionary types hated people like Castro as much as Batista. I don't think batista was ever that popular but some hated Castro just as much. Alpha 66 is still going I believe. Not sure what they're going to achieve these days...

                            Comment

                            Latest Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X