Italy's Northern League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy's Northern League

I find hard to believe that this party is as successful as it appears to be. I have looked at their web site and I have read their political platform and I am embarrassed to even admit that these idiots are Italians. From my perspective everything that these people say revolves around xenophobia, secessionism, and blind racism. Their poster child Alberto Da Giussano is even more ephemeral than William Wallace and aside in a poem by Carducci there are no solid facts on him, in fact may never even have existed. I hoping that some of our European posters, in particular our Italian members, can shed some light on these creeps.

http://www.leganord.org/
    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Originally posted by bass_man86 View Post
    I find hard to believe that this party is as successful as it appears to be. I have looked at their web site and I have read their political platform and I am embarrassed to even admit that these idiots are Italians. From my perspective everything that these people say revolves around xenophobia, secessionism, and blind racism. Their poster child Alberto Da Giussano is even more ephemeral than William Wallace and aside in a poem by Carducci there are no solid facts on him, in fact may never even have existed. I hoping that some of our European posters, in particular our Italian members, can shed some light on these creeps.

Fascism (not nazism before people pile in) doesnt have the bogeyman status around it in Italy (certain parts of it anyway) like it does in other countries if memory serves. Its seen as a valid political philosophy. Im going form memory here, perhaps dodgy memory I admit.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
      Fascism (not nazism before people pile in) doesnt have the bogeyman status around it in Italy (certain parts of it anyway) like it does in other countries if memory serves. Its seen as a valid political philosophy. Im going form memory here, perhaps dodgy memory I admit.
      Agree Cope; I remember asking my grandmother what it was like under Mussolini, expecting to hear all kinds of awful things. Instead she told me "Mussolini was a good man; he had the trains running on time, he put the Mafia in its place, it's too bad he got involved with that crazy German."
      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Perhaps I'm wrong but the impression I've always held of Italian politics is that Italians are far more likely to support extreme positions on both wings. Wasn't the largest Eurocommunist party the Italian Communist Party?

Comment

Agree Cope; I remember asking my grandmother what it was like under Mussolini, expecting to hear all kinds of awful things. Instead she told me "Mussolini was a good man; he had the trains running on time, he put the Mafia in its place, it's too bad he got involved with that crazy German."
          Eaxctly, I think, unless you were a Communist (extremes are popular in Italy as Fodder says) Il Duce was popular for his domestic pilitcs and ahem "easy" foreign adventures like say Ethiopia. Very little enthusiasm for entering WWII, and it seems a dislike/distrust of their "ally" the Third Reich. Nothign to do with cowardice just more miding their business. I do know most Italians really did not understand why they were fighting their neighbours the Greeks with whom they got (and get along with today) on well.

Comment

Yup! they're xenophobies, racists, ignorants and creeps. I totally agree!
            But... wherever they had governed they did it well and they're re-elected. They're honest, uncorrupted (unlike their ally Berlusconi...) and they have some young and prepared politicians...that's very strange in Italy where the political class is made of elder dinosaurs...Every election they get new votes...
            Actually Lega Nord is a strange party...
            A ME LE GUARDIE
            "Di noi treṃ la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
              Perhaps I'm wrong but the impression I've always held of Italian politics is that Italians are far more likely to support extreme positions on both wings. Wasn't the largest Eurocommunist party the Italian Communist Party?
              Extremes are close. Fascists and communists are not so different...

Italian communists are communists because they stay in Italy... They'd never be communists in North Korea or Cuba.
              A ME LE GUARDIE
              "Di noi treṃ la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X