Knife ban in The UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knife ban in The UK

What is up with this? Is the whole UK under such a strict set of rules concerning knives? http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/o...html/index.htm
    The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.'

I guess the anti-weapon craze went out of bounds as people seem to forget kitchen knives are just as dangerous...

I say we make it mandatory to switch to spork!
    Last edited by Golani; 19 Apr 10, 06:40.

Comment

What ban? Seems to me like an initiative to voluntarily surrender knifes. if the facts section is correct and 60% of british youths get send home for carrying a knife to school some time in their live the problem seems to be less the knifes and more the mindset though. and possibly the realiteis in british schools?
      Ha, wie so stolz und hehr
      Wirft über Land und Meer
      Weithin der deutsche Aar
      Flammenden Blick.

Comment

yup!! carrying of knives is banned, and too many youngsters readily do still carry them, and are happy to use one, if/when? and without the fear of the consequences of killng, and of the law? although with present regulations in place? it does not deter many either, as too many have needlessly lost their life thro being stabbed, ray..

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
          yup!! carrying of knives is banned, and too many youngsters readily do still carry them, and are happy to use one, if/when? and without the fear of the consequences of killng, and of the law? although with present regulations in place? it does not deter many either, as too many have needlessly lost their life thro being stabbed, ray..
          Funny I was just having conversation with a brit paramedic about stab vests...now I have a greater clarity as to why.

Comment

IF you ban all knives how are you guys going to cut your over cooked pot roasts or tough steaks???guess you will just have to cook everything into a mush and eat it with a spoon...

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
              IF you ban all knives how are you guys going to cut your over cooked pot roasts or tough steaks???guess you will just have to cook everything into a mush and eat it with a spoon...
              Sounds like traditional german cuisine cooked by my grandma to me! Do you want to say my granny did things wrong?! And from what I hear the some traditional British cuisine is like that too.
              Ha, wie so stolz und hehr
              Wirft über Land und Meer
              Weithin der deutsche Aar
              Flammenden Blick.

Comment

I have an 11 yo boy and we seem to get a couple of stabbings each week by teenage "party goers" on each other and I fear for him when he get older if this isn't curbed. I also was stabbed in the face when I was 13 so I know exactly what it is like to be on the receiving end of it.

Kids and knives and kids and guns is all the same to me. It will never end well and the carnage often happens over the most minor thing.

Come down hard on it before someone else's mother has to bury a 15yo that was killed over some silly argument that in the normal scheme of things nobody would remember two weeks later.
                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                  I have an 11 yo boy and we seem to get a couple of stabbings each week by teenage "party goers" on each other and I fear for him when he get older if this isn't curbed. I also was stabbed in the face when I was 13 so I know exactly what it is like to be on the receiving end of it.

Kids and knives and kids and guns is all the same to me. It will never end well and the carnage often happens over the most minor thing.

Come down hard on it before someone else's mother has to bury a 15yo that was killed over some silly argument that in the normal scheme of things nobody would remember two weeks later.
                  I have a 17 year-old and a 2 year-old... I am worried too

Comment

Remember you're dealing with the Labour government. Where Banning something fixes the issue. Banning is also easier and cheaper than actually solving the problem.
                    We also have the the issue that gangs want to arm themselves, however Guns are harder to get hold of, and call down allot more attention. Where as a Length of metal is much easier to hide, and the courts go fairly soft on them.

Originally posted by Bellerphon1971 View Post
                    Funny I was just having conversation with a brit paramedic about stab vests...now I have a greater clarity as to why.
                    I've looked into getting a stab proof vest for work too, and I'm only a rent'a'cop. Luckily I moved sites. I'm in a very quiet site some distance away from a town centre. So its less of an issue now.

I can see a time in the not to distant future where Security companies will be issuing Stab-proof's as part of their uniform. I do know a couple of guards who've been stabbed.
                    Winnie says
                    ---------------------------------
                    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                    Herr Flick.

Comment

I've read about these bans and seen it stated that you can only carry a knife if you're doing something that requires it. Would hiking (hillwalking) be considered such a pastime?

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                        Remember you're dealing with the Labour government. Where Banning something fixes the issue. Banning is also easier and cheaper than actually solving the problem.
                        Whoa there, I know you think that GB is the anti-christ but are you aware that the SNP government in Scotland passed a law recently handing down minimum sentences of six months to anyone caught with a blade? Did you also know that the Scottish Tories wanted a minimum 2 year sentence?

When it comes to crime and punishment theres enough hypocrasy to go round.

Personally I don't think it will solve a damned thing but it does underline the scale of the problem we have up here. I live in Hamilton, not exactly the biggest town in Scotland but we've had something like 4 murders in the past 2 months all using knives.

I lost my mate at 18 when he was stabbed for no reason and killed 100 yards from his girlfriends door. He dragged himself there before he collapsed. The little **** that killed him will be out by now.

I went to uni with a guy who lost half his liver when he was stabbed by a guy who was beating up his missus in the street.

Boy got stabbed outside our house because someone heared he was a paedo.

Of course knives are not banned but carrying a concealed blade with no good reason is. You can be as flippant as you like but things are ****ed up around here and something needs to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                          I've read about these bans and seen it stated that you can only carry a knife if you're doing something that requires it. Would hiking (hillwalking) be considered such a pastime?
                          Depends on the knife, if it was a machete no, if it was a Gerber you could argue your case.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                            I can see a time in the not to distant future where Security companies will be issuing Stab-proof's as part of their uniform. I do know a couple of guards who've been stabbed.
                            My eldest son works part time as a bouncer at a night club in Manchester during the week-end, and stab-vests are compulsory wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
                              Whoa there, I know you think that GB is the anti-christ but are you aware that the SNP government in Scotland passed a law recently handing down minimum sentences of six months to anyone caught with a blade? Did you also know that the Scottish Tories wanted a minimum 2 year sentence?
                              I'm young and I used to be someone who hunted and shot for a hobby. So perhaps I'm jaded by the treatment of shooting sports by this government. But I do see allot of similarities in the way the government is acting.
                              Namely: Just ban something we already have more than adequate laws to cover, so we appear to be doing something.

Originally posted by redcoat View Post
                              My eldest son works part time as a bouncer at a night club in Manchester during the week-end, and stab-vests are compulsory wear.
                              I can believe it. I would have thought thought with Manchester full combat body armour is Required? I'm way down south in a University town, so things are not as hairy down here.
                              Winnie says
                              ---------------------------------
                              "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                              Herr Flick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X