France outlaws the full veil for Muslim women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France outlaws the full veil for Muslim women

Just heard on the news that France has passed a law that bans the wearing of the full veil for Muslim women. Wonder if this will incite riots that have been seen in the past?
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Going by the news I got here not long ago, young second generation immigrants in Paris "hoods" riot over anything and everything. I remember a while ago they burned cars all over the city because a dumb robber killed himself by hiding in a - not sure how to translate - one of those buildings with a big skull sign stating danger - high tension electricity.
    Apparently that was racist police brutality
    Surely this is worth at least a tiny street riot.

Comment

Originally posted by Castro View Post
      Going by the news I got here not long ago, young second generation immigrants in Paris "hoods" riot over anything and everything. I remember a while ago they burned cars all over the city because a dumb robber killed himself by hiding in a - not sure how to translate - one of those buildings with a big skull sign stating danger - high tension electricity.
      Apparently that was racist police brutality
      Surely this is worth at least a tiny street riot.
      It's not one but three kids who had the silly idea to go and hide inside a high tension transformer when they heard police cars coming their way, two ended up as crispy critters !

kelt

Comment

Well done France,thats the way to go.
        France are no push overs like Briton is, Muslims have to remember this.

Comment

I can understand from a security standpoint how this can be a nightmare. It's going to be a delicate balance between personal freedom and government restrictions.
          "We have no white flag."

Comment

I can understand what Le Francais are doing here but I wonder how will they enforce it.

Comment

This thread is about two days old and STILL no outraged cries of how outlawing that full-body veil is fascist and stuff? Come one, I have skipped through enough contemporary politics threads here, I know you nutjobs are out there!

*sigh* looks like I will have to do.
              Ahem, blahblahblah, blah, respect for other cultures, blah blah, evil fascists blah blah BLAH white supremacy, blah, racist. Blah blah colonial subjugation blah blah and blah.
              Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
              Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
              USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                I can understand what Le Francais are doing here but I wonder how will they enforce it.
                There are in fact very few fully faced women in France, I guess the law will be applied very softly, depending on the behavior of culprits, those who will try to make a poilitical stand by parading fully faced women may get quickly in trouble with the Police, the genuine muslim women willingly going out with a full veil will not be able to get access to government buildings, banks, malls and will either adapt or go somewhere else.

Like most laws, it's a good one as long as it's enforced with a grain of wisdom.

kelt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X