Leading doctors call for ban on smoking in cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leading doctors call for ban on smoking in cars

Twenty of Britain’s most senior doctors call today for a ban on smoking in cars as part of a sweeping expansion of laws to protect children against the effects of inhaling smoke
    Leading doctors call for ban on smoking in cars - Times Online
    Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

what is the point in continuing to create more bans on smoking? I don't smoke, but banning tobacco is the only way! banning the product seems to be whats required. finland are working for a smoke free country, whether that happens? who knows, ray..

http://news.adventist.org/2010/01/ne...-ban-in-f.html

Comment

I am also for a total ban. Solve the problems once and for all.
      “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Smoking is not good ,but idd like for myself to make a decision on that. ,
        Fact i'm paying a fortune in taxes should have paid me that privilege ..
        Think people should stop thinking for other people really ..

Besides ..the same doctors are often driving diesel cars whose fumes cause me more worries ..think theres huge amounts of people being killed by very deadly exhaust gasses and finedusts that nobody is speaking about ....especially in cities.
        Last edited by Heinrich; 24 Mar 10, 15:49.
        ' Because it has Electrolytes ! '

regards:
        Henk

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
          I am also for a total ban. Solve the problems once and for all.
          Please see prohibition of alcohol in the US in the 20's /30's for the consequences of what you are suggesting.

Comment

They will never ban what they can tax when they want.

I do smoke now and again, but I agree with this, when the car is in tranisit in particular.

Lighting a fag while driving is a no no in my book, and besides cig burns soon devalue a motor.
            Sealion would have failed..............runs,

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
              Please see prohibition of alcohol in the US in the 20's /30's for the consequences of what you are suggesting.
              We should not let short sighted pleasures stand in the way of logic.
              “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

We should not let short sighted pleasures stand in the way of logic.
                Well I look forward to massive increases in smuggling and organised crime/ violence due to the logic.

Comment

Well I look forward to massive increases in smuggling and organised crime/ violence due to the logic.

No pain no gain.

And a quick reading on the subjects about the events in 1920-30 shows that it was a flawed law, hypercritical to some extent. But I assume it should be clever to learn from those mistakes.
                  Last edited by Erkki; 24 Mar 10, 16:13.

Max Sterner

Comment

What I do mind though is people farting in cars ...
                    ' Because it has Electrolytes ! '

regards:
                    Henk

Comment

Originally posted by Heinrich View Post
                      What I do mind though is people farting in cars ...
                      Hello Henk,

that is why I bought a convertible.., but..then..people can see me smoking in the car..hm...okay better sell it off and buy a passenger car,..with tinted glass ..b..bu..but..then if people fart?

Regards
                      Kruska

Comment

No pain no gain.

And a quick reading on the subjects about the events in 1920-30 shows that it was a flawed law, hypercritical to some extent. But I assume it should be clever to learn from those mistakes.
                        Yes learn from the mistakes. Police reckon some 80% of crime is drugs related. The Mafia benefited hugely from prohibiton and the social corruption that followed it. Its so naive. You prohibit stuff it just causes crime and social problems. Government should stoip trying to regulate vice out of people. Bloody puritans.

Comment

Originally posted by UGLYGUTS View Post
                          They will never ban what they can tax when they want.

I do smoke now and again, but I agree with this, when the car is in tranisit in particular.

Lighting a fag while driving is a no no in my book, and besides cig burns soon devalue a motor.
                          agree! uglyguts I don't know why they don't have a car ban too? as like using a mobile? isn't smoking along those same lines? one hand on, one hand puffing the weed...

Comment

Yes learn from the mistakes. Police reckon some 80% of crime is drugs related. The Mafia benefited hugely from prohibiton and the social corruption that followed it. Its so naive. You prohibit stuff it just causes crime and social problems. Government should stoip trying to regulate vice out of people. Bloody puritans.
                            When there is government there is no freedom, when there is freedom there is no government. We are not there yet.

But all is really a great hypocrisy, marijuana are forbidden, but not tobacco and alcohol?

Besides I doubt that forbidding tobacco would not have nearly as big impact as forbidding alcohol.

Max Sterner

Comment

When there is government there is no freedom, when there is freedom there is no government. We are not there yet.

But all is really a great hypocrisy, marijuana are forbidden, but not tobacco and alcohol?

Besides I doubt that forbidding tobacco would not have nearly as big impact as forbidding alcohol.
                              I agree about the double standards for sure. I just believe government cannot regulate vices out of people. Its a wasster of time and money. The so called war on drugs is the biggest waste of money and resources going. It just makes the cartels richer and people more inventive. Growers are now developing the most potent skunk ever.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X