Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attacked by Nigel Farage: What would you have done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacked by Nigel Farage: What would you have done?

Now, the way Van Rompuy sat idly by as Nigel Farage was critisizing him and his country shows a lack of character IMO. Why didn't he react?

What would you have done if you were Van Rompuy?

Greets,
    Stratego
    Sit idly by...
    5.56%
    Start rebuking Farage publicly for his insolence...
    5.56%
    Sit idly by and laugh...
    44.44%
    Stood up and left the room...
    0.00%
    Stood up and embraced him...
    22.22%
    Other...
    22.22%
    Last edited by Stratego; 25 Feb 10, 06:09.
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Theres not much one can do and Farage knew that. The EP is democratically elected and theres no censorship within it. That he knew also. So its not as if he'd be some kind of freedom fighter speaking truth to power, he knew he could insult anyone in the room with impunity because he is granted imunity.

To pay him back would just result in childish name calling, to insult the british like he insulted the belgians would also be childish and only deepen the cracks. So I guess sit there and ignore him for the most part. One can obviously make a few snide remarks on his character (or rather lack thereof) when its your turn to speak though.
    Ha, wie so stolz und hehr
    Wirft über Land und Meer
    Weithin der deutsche Aar
    Flammenden Blick.

Comment

That's the kind of situation where Judo comes in handy

Comment

Key here imo is the word, Representatives.

They both represent thier countrys.

It's time for the Brits to vote this boorish lout out unless he is representitive of the Brition of today.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Key here imo is the word, Representatives.

They both represent thier countrys.

It's time for the Brits to vote this boorish lout out unless he is representitive of the Brition of today.
          Actually van Rompuy represents the whole EU.

But I think you're spot on with the representation of Britons. That'd also be a nice starting point of a rebuttal.

You've done a disservice to your countrymen... insult belgians your ancestors fought to free in two world wars... thankfull for constructive critiism of my appearence... shall endeavour to be more charismatic and visually pleasing while not giving up on character or giving in to populism ... etc etc.
          Ha, wie so stolz und hehr
          Wirft über Land und Meer
          Weithin der deutsche Aar
          Flammenden Blick.

Comment

Trying to prevent an arsehole from farting does more damages to a pant than letting it fly unimpeded!

kelt

Comment

I believe Van acted inn the right manner,Van never acted like a child,proves hes a man more than farage is.

Van could have laughed more & clap at the same time,that would have peed Fragge off,even more so,hehehe.

Comment

I'd have made, in a calm and mischeivous way, some witty remark to undercut his smart mouth. I'd also directly attack his core ideology by siting the great things the EU has done since Massnicht. But I am in European terms a Euroskeptic and I can't think of any. I support the free trade zone, but it should never try to be more than that.
                How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
                275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                  That's the kind of situation where Judo comes in handy

The Europeans are political light weights!

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                    Now, the way Van Rompuy sat idly by as Nigel Farage was critisizing him and his country shows a lack of character IMO. Why didn't he react?
                    Because he is a weak leader, exactly what Merkel and the Christian Democrats wanted.

Comment

If I remember correctly, a Senator from South Carolina once disagreed with a Senator from Massachusetts. Words were exchanged. The SC Senator's nephew came on the Senate Floor with a walking cane and had a discussion about calling people names...The cane won the argument, but the Yankee won the war.

Do they still have walking canes made of bamboo if Europe?

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Dow

Rompuy - lackey of the genocidal Belgian monarchy
                        Now that's just completely ridiculous!

And In contrast to my fellow countryman in the EU I'll behave this way:

Greets,
                        Stratego
                        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                          Now that's just completely ridiculous!

And In contrast to my fellow countryman in the EU I'll behave this way:

Greets,
                          Stratego

"Sticks and stones ... " !

I don't know why but I can't get this "Holy Grail" quote out of my mind now ...

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of ... elderberries !"

...now GO AWAY you silly ... VAN ROMPUY or I shall taunt you a second time !

... Great way to go Mr FARAGE ... I wonder at the end who will have made the greatest impression ! ... making a statement by insult ?????
                          "He who closes his ears to the views of others shows little confidence in the integrity of his own views ..."
                          William Congreve

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Dow
                            British MEP Farage ridicules EU President Rompuy of Belgium. Peter Dow agrees. (YouTube)

YouTube- British MEP Farage ridicules EU President Rompuy of Belgium. Peter Dow agrees.

BBC: Tirade against 'damp rag' EU president shocks MEPs

Well thank you Nigel Farage for speaking out in such forthright terms about some of the failings of this appointed president of the E.U. council imposed on the people of Europe as some sort of political president. We should not accept this imposition. As Nigel says, the British people don't want him and certainly we Scots don't want him.

Rompuy - lackey of the genocidal Belgian monarchy

Herman von Rompuy, a former Belgian minister, is nothing but a lackey of King Albert of Belgium who people should be told is the Great Grandnephew of King Leopold II of Belgium whose forces committed crimes against humanity in Africa in the King's so-called 'Congo Free State', crimes of slavery and genocide against the African tribes-people there, with millions of Africans exterminated at the hands of the King of Belgium's men, as was exposed in the book 'The Crime of the Congo' by my fellow Scot, Arthur Conan Doyle, best known for his Sherlock Holmes stories. So it is elementary my dear Farage that one should never trust one of the King of Belgium's men.

So if we need a European President but certainly Rompuy is no use so then let's have a general election of ALL of the people of Europe to elect our president and maybe we'll elect someone as good or even better than President Obama, someone who would be worth the salary.

I'd like to propose my favourite world leader Condoleezza Rice as the candidate for President of the European Union and since we can happily have Americans working in Europe then why not elect the best American Condi Rice to work here in Europe some of the time as our European president and no doubt she can suggest a good vice president to elect to stand in for her here while she is out of Europe on other important world leadership duties.
                            To start with I am very sceptical about the EU as Im sure many here know but I am not a nationalist who hates Europeans or Europe.
                            I think Rumpuy is a lackey for the commission and an unelected bureaucrat. However bringing him into comments about genocide in Africa is utterly ridiculous. I also thought comments on Belgian by Farage were very stupid as it deflects from the real issues he makes about democracy. Again this genocide thing is absurd and does the pro democracy issue no favours at all. That poster (propoganda) gets equated with EU scepticims and thats very sad.

Comment

How about throwing shoes at him? Preferably size 60 German WW2 Marching boots...
                              “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X