Europe says no.....minority US says yes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europe says no.....minority US says yes

With all this anti-european sentiment floating around I thought it important to point out that there are 730,000,000 Europeans and 282,000,000 Americans. So when it comes to world opinion we have the majority and the majority says no to war.

Whether you like it or not Marko, most Americans would go down fighting before bowing down to the UN. While our government plays the UN game, I'd say 90% of Americans have no loyalty whatsoever to the UN.

In other words - who cares how many Europeans say what? We are tired of Europes 'holier than thou' attitude towards us. Why don't you mention the billions of dollars that pour out of the US every year to help nations all across the world (and no, all our money does not go to Isarael)?
    Take away Pearl Harbor and Marko would be writing in German Today.

Comment

What anti-european sentiment?I'm serious on this point.I mean honestly i haven't seen no anti-EU marches or burning of their flag.

Comment

I missed the pan-European vote on war with Iraq. Any links available?

Comment

Hey...

Hello Marko,

What anti-European sentiments? Come on, that's a piece of crap.

On the other hand, you seem to ignore the growing anti-American sentiments being felt across in Europe. There are thousands of people marching and shouting such sentiments. There is not even a single march where people shout, "Death to Europe!"

I don't hate you, Marko, and I certainly don't have anti-European sentiments, it's just that I'm growing tired of your attitude toward America in general. I'm tired of Europe thinking peace must and always work 100 percent all the time! In fact, had Bush not decided to attack Iraq, then this post would have never existed at all, it's probable that your post would never exist also.

I don't think it is about Iraq anymore, in fact, I think this has been going on for some time now. After all, you don't get up in morning and all of a sudden, you decide to hate America for whatever the reason it is. I think this is building over time, probably in the aftermath of World War Two.

Just to let you know, my father is a Hungarian, he fled Hungary in 1960s, and lived in Austria for a short time before moving to America. He did serve in US Army, but never was sent to Vietnam (he served in 1970 to 1972). Therefore, I certainly do have more respect for most of Europeans simply because of my father.

It is interesting to note that my father doesn't even support the war, in fact, I am only person in my whole family who does support the war with Iraq. My father insists America should listen to Europe more often and accept international conensus rather than going ahead without UN backing. My father is like you in most respect.

I respect you, but please don't make yourself an expert on America. Not even my father would ever consider himself an expert on America, though my father has been living in America for nearly 30 years. It seems that my father has not forgotten his heritage after all!

Once again, I feel a need to emphasize this point, I don't hate you, it's just that I am growing tired of your attitude reflected in various posts.

Dan
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Re: Europe says no.....minority US says yes

Originally posted by Marko
            With all this anti-european sentiment floating around I thought it important to point out that there are 730,000,000 Europeans and 282,000,000 Americans. So when it comes to world opinion we have the majority and the majority says no to war.
            So if 2,000,000,000 Indians and Chinese oppose European policy Europe would change?
            "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Re: Re: Europe says no.....minority US says yes

Originally posted by Chuck

So if 2,000,000,000 Indians and Chinese oppose European policy Europe would change?
              You bet

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Europe says no.....minority US says yes

Originally posted by Chuck

You bet
                That's good for a short chuckle.

I could see a debate in Parliament being stopped when someone brings up the fact that the Chinese and Indians have already made their decision on the matter.

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

My point was to point out that there is life after the USA. Check it out sometime. Infact why not come here on your vacation. Take some pictures, where a pair of silly shorts, baseball cap, and knee length socks.

Comment

My point was to point out that there is life after the USA. Check it out sometime. Infact why not come here on your vacation. Take some pictures, where a pair of silly shorts, baseball cap, and knee length socks.
                    Wow, you taught us dumb americans a lesson then... thanks!

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

I must say it's a bit humbling when a Briton criticizes your nation for poor fashion sense.
                      Last edited by Tex; 27 Jan 03, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex
                        I must say it's a bit humbling when a Briton criticizes your nation for poor fashion sense.
                        Well as long as he doesn't start lecturing us about dental hygiene,i think we'll be okay

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul

Well as long as he doesn't start lecturing us about dental hygiene,i think we'll be okay
                          How embarrassing......you actually think I give a **** about dental hygiene ? Isn't this warfarehq ? Its definately not Dentaltimes-forum for dental hygiene.

Comment

Calm down there,its a joke.You don't seem to have a problem making generalizations about Americans..so don't take it personaly when i do the same.I only come to this part of the forums to have fun or be informed,alot of times both,so just relax and don't take things so seriously.

Comment

Marko, you shouldn't mix up the US people with the US president. IMO, Bush is the worst presidents in the last 100 years or even more, and all what he does looks to me like somebody is trying to make history on all costs.

The Irak isn't more dangerous today then it was five years ago. Did the US acted they way they do now five years ago? Has the eleven-nine made the Iraq more dangerous? BS. IMO it just the US president.
                              Resistance is futile!
                              My little company

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X