Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jihadi ‘beheading’ of teacher over prophet Mohammed cartoon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    That would not be in accordance with the concept freedom of expression now would it.
    Terrorism is War Habeas corpus must be set aside till Jihadist Terrorism is rooted out.

    Comment


    • #17
      He wasn't brought before a judge, he was shot dead in the street, arguably he should have been shot before the act but that's not always possible...
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

      Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
        Jihadist want you all to ignore such incidents, accept it as new normal.

        Then they will tell you that it's will of god that one should either die in his religion or should embrace their religion.

        As simple as that.

        To sustain West must react

        Or

        Can choose to perish.
        Impopular as pointing it out might be, the Jihadists have always wanted precisely the west to "react", in particular over-react.

        It's what terror tactics always tries to do – leverage hideous violence to get a disproportionate counter-reaction the violence itself could never achieve. Doesn't matter if it is the IRA, Action directe, RAF or now these Salafist jihadis.

        Since it has turned they they can't win the Muslim majority for their insane project, terror becomes the tactic, not because they can bring us down like that, but IF they can make us over-react, going for Muslims in general, what they hope is the WE will push all Muslims into their arms by decíding the problem is Islam, not the political Jihadists out to push our buttons.

        Is it a good idea to allow the terrorists to push our buttons?

        They arguably came closest to this with the US and 9/11, with the effect that Afghanistan isn't just a mess, but they got Iraq as a new frontline: and then Syria.

        They are now considerably reduced compared to their peak moments in Iraq and Syria, but they are still around, and they are still around in Sinai, Libya, Mali etc.

        The exception to where they used to be, but aren't very prominent is Algeria. Because everything the Americans have experienced with Iraq etc, was prefigured in Algeria, with the French as stand-ins for the US back then, including terrorist attacks in Paris.

        The French have not twenty years experience of this crap, but thirty.

        And in the end it comes down to 1) not over-reacting and playing into the terrorists hands and 2) we win if OUR Muslims are better than their Muslims. Fortunately we are advantaged that there are potentially much more of our Muslims to start with.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by vikram72 View Post

          Terrorism is War Habeas corpus must be set aside till Jihadist Terrorism is rooted out.
          That's what the Jihadi terrorists think.

          You are in perfect agreement with them then. It is what they want, and precisely how they want you to respond.

          They can play you like an instrument if you do...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by vikram72 View Post

            That's fine with me,

            This arrogance has caused US defeat in Afghanistan. Your trusted Allie Pakistan has embezzled Billion's of US$.

            While we were ready to fight all out war on terror in 2000's.

            Spitting on hand of friendship is bad foreign policy.

            The same attitude of US & it's people, has deterred India and Indian's from entering in to full partnership.

            It's sad out come is hangover effect of Pax Americana, & overconfidence.

            In 10 years, if not contained , US Navy will become backwater fleet and China will rule the sea's around the world.

            My Sincere best wishes.
            You say MUST and call me arrogant for saying no. Sigh.

            The rest is babble. You sat as a non aligned state for the whole Cold War and now expect us to do something now you have a hostile China, a crazy Pakistan, an indifferent Russia, and very few friends. Well mate, as we say here - tough titties.

            Show me once where the hand of friendship was offered to my country (Oh and for the record it’s AUSTRALIA not the bloody USA) and we can talk, otherwise it’s just a typical Indian woe is me response because you are not liked after giving the world the finger for 70 years.

            We are not your mother
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

            That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Rojik View Post

              Please don’t tell us what to do. We aren’t in the habit of listening to people from barely functioning nations and it’s work out well for us so far
              Yep, typically Anglo-Saxons have learned to give orders to other people, mostly in "barely functioning nations" but often also to developed nations

              "Either you are with us or you are against us"

              "Iran is violating the nuclear deal because we say so, so do not buy its oil or else..."

              now the UK acts like a spoiled child because the EU does not do what the British want

              etc...
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                Interesting to see the lack of reaction of ACG posters. Not saying it is wrong or right, but a few years ago, the forum would have RIP posts on many threads and French flags temporary replacing posters' avatars. Have ACG forum members simply become numb to another piece of news about a terrorist attack? Are these violent acts simply become a new acceptable normal?

                RIP to the family and friends of the teachers. Teachers are often one of the unappreciated resources in democratic countries. Kudos to him to try to teach freedom of expression to his pupils.
                Did not follow closely the EU subform, but I thought that this was mostly an issue in the US forum.

                I read somewhere that the teacher even gave an advanced warning to students, so that they could choose not to attend the class if they found the material offensive, so he even tried to accommodate the sensitivities of very religious people. But obviously, there is no room of compromise with extremists.
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pamak View Post

                  Did not follow closely the EU subform, but I thought that this was mostly an issue in the US forum.

                  I read somewhere that the teacher even gave an advanced warning to students, so that they could choose not to attend the class if they found the material offensive, so he even tried to accommodate the sensitivities of very religious people. But obviously, there is no room of compromise with extremists.
                  Extremists often look for a target - preferably an easy one - to vent on by using violence, with the - unrealistic - hope to create a revolution and/or to be seen by his/her peers as a true believer. Few within a clan or cell will contradict the leader or proposer of extreme action, as they may be seen as loosing faith in the cause and killed.

                  Fighting terrorism in the 80s, there are many reports of cell members being executed when they tried to temper the more extreme and violent ideas proposed by their colleagues.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by pamak View Post

                    Yep, typically Anglo-Saxons have learned to give orders to other people, mostly in "barely functioning nations" but often also to developed nations

                    "Either you are with us or you are against us"

                    "Iran is violating the nuclear deal because we say so, so do not buy its oil or else..."

                    now the UK acts like a spoiled child because the EU does not do what the British want

                    etc...
                    Irrelevant and trite. The west doesn’t equal Anglo Saxon and just because one nation that speaks English acts one way doesn’t mean all nations that speak English act the same way.

                    All Eskimos walk in single file, at least the one I saw did...
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

                    That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      A trolling post from vikram72.
                      Please dial it back before this thread gets locked.
                      Sensitive subjects need mature responses.
                      Keep the sectarian hyperbole of this forum.
                      Thank you
                      ACG Staff

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                        Impopular as pointing it out might be, the Jihadists have always wanted precisely the west to "react", in particular over-react.

                        It's what terror tactics always tries to do – leverage hideous violence to get a disproportionate counter-reaction the violence itself could never achieve. Doesn't matter if it is the IRA, Action directe, RAF or now these Salafist jihadis.

                        Since it has turned they they can't win the Muslim majority for their insane project, terror becomes the tactic, not because they can bring us down like that, but IF they can make us over-react, going for Muslims in general, what they hope is the WE will push all Muslims into their arms by decíding the problem is Islam, not the political Jihadists out to push our buttons.

                        Is it a good idea to allow the terrorists to push our buttons?

                        They arguably came closest to this with the US and 9/11, with the effect that Afghanistan isn't just a mess, but they got Iraq as a new frontline: and then Syria.
                        In a nut shell, it means all anti terror operations are serious waste of time.

                        We must allow terrorist decent burial,

                        Osama bin laden may deserved proper burial site, Democratically speaking we must allow the burial place to become a shrine.

                        They are now considerably reduced compared to their peak moments in Iraq and Syria, but they are still around, and they are still around in Sinai, Libya, Mali etc.

                        The exception to where they used to be, but aren't very prominent is Algeria. Because everything the Americans have experienced with Iraq etc, was prefigured in Algeria, with the French as stand-ins for the US back then, including terrorist attacks in Paris.
                        French has not seen anything like Taliban + Pakistan Army + ISI.

                        The French have not twenty years experience of this crap, but thirty.

                        And in the end it comes down to 1) not over-reacting and playing into the terrorists hands and 2) we win if OUR Muslims are better than their Muslims. Fortunately we are advantaged that there are potentially much more of our Muslims to start with.
                        Ok

                        But to win , will you allow controversial Islamic preacher's to run mosque & seminaries ???

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                          That's what the Jihadi terrorists think.

                          You are in perfect agreement with them then. It is what they want, and precisely how they want you to respond.

                          They can play you like an instrument if you do...
                          No ,

                          We are dealing with them in quite a fine way.

                          We make them pay hard for their acts.

                          In most suitable manner.

                          Surgical, precise action to remove the tumor.

                          We don't do bombings like in Nam. Afghanistan & Iraq.

                          We can say we have 70+ years of fighting terrorism's.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
                            We can say we have 70+ years of fighting terrorism's.
                            Curiously enough it weren't Muslims that carried out the last public beheadings here

                            https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/collec...P-1900-A-22038

                            Execution_of_Egmond_and_Horn.gif
                            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

                            Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Rojik View Post

                              You say MUST and call me arrogant for saying no. Sigh.

                              The rest is babble.
                              Thank you.

                              You sat as a non aligned state for the whole Cold War and now expect us to do something now you have a hostile China, a crazy Pakistan, an indifferent Russia, and very few friends. Well mate, as we say here - tough titties.
                              It was a choice of a Democratic nation.

                              Russia always has been a great friend.

                              They have helping us to contain China.

                              It's the effect of Diplomatic efforts of Czar Putin, that India and China not at war.

                              Show me once where the hand of friendship was offered to my country (Oh and for the record it’s AUSTRALIA not the bloody USA) and we can talk, otherwise it’s
                              As the new ACG Norm dose not shows flags, I forgot that you were from down under.

                              Post 9 / 11 our most peace loving Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh ordered our Army to prepare for war against Taliban & Pakistan to support war on terror.

                              US decided to pardon terrorist state of Pakistan and a well orchestrated play called war on terror was played out to mislead public.

                              While the terrorist slept in comfort in Pakistan, US & Allies bombed empty caves & ravines in Afghanistan.

                              What a West.

                              just a typical Indian woe is me response because you are not liked after giving the world the finger for 70 years.
                              Indian's respect fingers. They use it for good purpose. We never insult others that way.


                              We are not your mother
                              You can't, you never helped any nation on the scale USA or USSR has done.



                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Another off topic post by Vikram72 was removed.
                                Don't do it again.
                                Final warning.
                                Thank you ACG Staff

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X