BoJo and the Blitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoJo and the Blitz

BoJo's incompetence concerning Covid-19 has been so appalling, that more people have been lost in Britain to this pandemic than to the Luftwaffe during The Blitz in 1940.

OTOH, Britain's death toll, per capita, is the greatest in the 'Western World', so at least BoJo has created a reason for keeping the Great in Great Britain .

BoJo makes Theresa May look competent. Heck, he even makes Corbyn look a positively viable alternative.

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Murdered by the Nazi's during The Blitz : c32000.
    Incompetence by BoJo during Covid: 42526.

https://ncov2019.live/
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Usual nonsense. Saying that Boris is responsible for all Covid deaths in the UK is the same as saying that Macron is responsible for all French deaths, Sanchez for Spanish deaths etc. May as well blame the Indonesian government for the deaths from the 2004 Tsunami.

He may have an element indirect command responsibility for some of the Care Home Covid deaths where patients were discharged without appropriate testing however in these cases a lot of the blame must lie with the NHS clinical personnel who discharged such patients into care homes without warning the care homes of their infectious nature. There is a great distance between Boris and the medic who decides to prematurely discharge a pensioner.

Where he may have more direct responsibility is the estimated 16k excess deaths that have not been due to Covid up to 1st May.
      Further unlike Covid deaths, deaths due to lock down will keep happening long after Covid deaths have ceased.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...study-12044923

"To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Stop being beastly to the poor blighter...
        he'd have all on trying to run a bath...
        never mind a country in the grip of plague!

The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Where he may have more direct responsibility is the estimated 16k excess deaths that have not been due to Covid up to 1st May.
          Further unlike Covid deaths, deaths due to lock down will keep happening long after Covid deaths have ceased.
          Not according to Public Health England. According to them we're due another at least another 225k 'covid' deaths.

Comment

No government has got it right. It’s big hot steaming mess. I don’t think he has it right but I’d challenge anyone to get it righter.

By all means get angry and vote against, but at least take the time to walk a mile in his shoes before you slam him
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
              No government has got it right. It’s big hot steaming mess. I don’t think he has it right but I’d challenge anyone to get it righter.

By all means get angry and vote against, but at least take the time to walk a mile in his shoes before you slam him
              I hear you, but I can't agree. When a top political leader -- be he Boris Johnson, or Donald Trump, or Bill de Blasio, or Andrew Cuomo, or any one of a thousand chief political executives you care to name -- formulates his covid policy not on the number of lives that can be saved, but on the number of votes at stake, then my nature takes that as an affront, an insult. Yours should too. Do our political leaders exist to serve our communities' needs -- or does the citizenry exist to provide these bimbos with jobs, money, rarefied position, and a flock of sheep to be herded over a cliff, all for their glory and enrichment? The very nature of human politics is in question here, and once again, those we've elevated above us prove that they're as useless as t*ts on a bull. I can fck up every bit as magnificently as those a$$wipes in Washington or Albany, as I'm sure you can equal the incompetence and mendacity that's daily fare in Canberra. In short, they have no shoes, at least none to call their on, none that haven't been furnished by the sweat and blood of a million Joe Schmo's.

"Walk in their shoes . . . . " Let them walk on something that's not my back -- for a fcking change.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Gooner View Post

Not according to Public Health England. According to them we're due another at least another 225k 'covid' deaths.
                They do seem to be numerically challenged don't they?

Their chief exec, who is a career NHS manager with zero medical or scientific qualifications or knowledge, on appointment said that it was a good thing that he new nothing about the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post

I get the bit about the panic in early March, new virus etc. My criticism is the reverse of the standard permitted criticism in that I believe that he should have stuck to the tried and tested methods of dealing with a pandemic while keeping the economy and society going as was done with Asian flu and Hong Kong flu and the policy that was followed by Sweden.
                  It is not just about lives lost to Covid. Thousands of lives will be lost due to the response to Covid and people will be dying due to the lock downs long after Covid is forgotten. Even today in the UK more people are dying of regular flu than Covid and I suspect that the UK is not the only country that applies to.

Comment

You vested far too much personal power in Johnson, his word is law in Britain for the next 5 years or so, there's no opposition left....
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                      You vested far too much personal power in Johnson, his word is law in Britain for the next 5 years or so, there's no opposition left....
                      I am sure our glorious leader Kim Jong Son will rule us for longer than that. While Covid deaths will long have ceased there will still be the danger of a ‘second wave’ in 2024 that will mean the election will have to be cancelled.

Comment

He caught it as one of the first, by all accounts it's a scary disease, and no doubt the experience will influence his judgement...

Comment

The only thing that will influence that bloke is...
                          what's in it for him!

The long toll of the brave
                          Is not lost in darkness
                          Over the fruitful earth
                          And athwart the seas
                          Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                          Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                            He caught it as one of the first, by all accounts it's a scary disease, and no doubt the experience will influence his judgement...
                            Scary for a few. Most hardly know they have had it with many needing a test to know as they have no symptoms, ie not sick.

Comment

Well scary for him I mean, as I remember it he was rather relaxed about it at first, his demeanour and policy changed notably after he had been in hospital.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X