Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are German neo-Nazis training in Russia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nastle View Post

Yes because turks arabs have no loyalty to any European state they are just milking the benefits of welfare system
    similar to a huge number of refugees in USA
    That's more than likely to be a hugely incorrect assumption of a LOT of place and people.

And no, I do not presume to speak for all immigrants, all European nations, much less anyone or anything in the US.

However OUR "turks arabs" are perhaps strangely loyal with their adopted country.

Despite the general problem with anecdotal evidence, allow still to introduce you to the head of the Swedish Army Special Forces (the SSG etc.) Dennis Gyllensporre, son of Güray Öztürkmen. He could be a candidate for a future military CiC of the Swedish armed forces (under HM the king, queen at some late date, then).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Gyllensporre

Comment

I'm not sure if it is strange. If the adopted country has not been screwing over the person (or their relatives) then they often tend to feel that the functional society where they ended up and where in every one actually has a chance is worth defending. Lets take a look at willing to defend the country by the force of arms... https://www.aamulehti.fi/a/0a1f9b7a-...e-13c3a7dd3665 ... of the Arabs & Somalis around 2/3 would be willing to defend the country. Of Estonians & Russians only 1/3... Or other aspects... "Yli puolet somalinkielisistä kokee Suomen itsenäisyyden äärimmäisen tärkeäksi tai suorastaan pyhäksi asiaksi." ~ "Over half of the people speaking Somali consider the independence of Finland as being extremely important if not outright holy matter."
      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
        I'm not sure if it is strange. If the adopted country has not been screwing over the person (or their relatives) then they often tend to feel that the functional society where they ended up and where in every one actually has a chance is worth defending. Lets take a look at willing to defend the country by the force of arms... https://www.aamulehti.fi/a/0a1f9b7a-...e-13c3a7dd3665 ... of the Arabs & Somalis around 2/3 would be willing to defend the country. Of Estonians & Russians only 1/3... Or other aspects... "Yli puolet somalinkielisistä kokee Suomen itsenäisyyden äärimmäisen tärkeäksi tai suorastaan pyhäksi asiaksi." ~ "Over half of the people speaking Somali consider the independence of Finland as being extremely important if not outright holy matter."
        Looks largely similar to what's been found out in Sweden also. (Also some groups of immigrants in a statistically significant seem to consider military service generally meritorious, fx the Turks.)

I was being facetious, picking up on Nastle's dim view of people – for the record I don't really find it strange either.

One needs to watch the auto-translate functions when posting non-English language material though. Not being a Finnish speaker I also ran the article you linked through the English one, and got the headline as:

"Research: Arabs and Somalis are the most reluctant of immigrants to defend Finland with weapons"

Which is the direct opposite of the findings of the study and the content of the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
          I'm not sure if it is strange. If the adopted country has not been screwing over the person (or their relatives) then they often tend to feel that the functional society where they ended up and where in every one actually has a chance is worth defending.
          "Over half of the people speaking Somali consider the independence of Finland as being extremely important if not outright holy matter."[/I]
          Don't forget the convert's zeal. That's a well-known phenomenon in religion. It can have a parallel in nationality perception, if the new nationality is embraced as a sort of conversion.
          Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
            Looks largely similar to what's been found out in Sweden also. (Also some groups of immigrants in a statistically significant seem to consider military service generally meritorious, fx the Turks.)

I was being facetious, picking up on Nastle's dim view of people – for the record I don't really find it strange either.
            I never thought you did. Just offered some support for your argument there.
            One needs to watch the auto-translate functions when posting non-English language material though. Not being a Finnish speaker I also ran the article you linked through the English one, and got the headline as:

"Research: Arabs and Somalis are the most reluctant of immigrants to defend Finland with weapons"

Which is the direct opposite of the findings of the study and the content of the article.

Epic Google translate fail there.

'Hanakimpia' - base word is 'hanakka' which means 'ready to' or 'eager' or 'willing'. 'Hanakimpia' is a sort of a partitive superlative form of that. Meaning the word opens up when translated into something like 'among those who are the most eager'. Ain't Finnish easy? Those pesky online translators can't even handle such a simple translation.

Originally posted by Michele View Post
            Don't forget the convert's zeal. That's a well-known phenomenon in religion. It can have a parallel in nationality perception, if the new nationality is embraced as a sort of conversion.
            That effect is there, true.
            It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X