Controlled Herd Immunity Strategy for Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

What we see here is that less infected provinces can do more 'general' testing, while others can only test samples of 'known' patients.

If you can include more asymptomatic people in 'confirmed cases' that would lower national ratio,

at least that's how I understood it.
    I think this is a sign of burden in the local healthcare system which makes strategies of allocating tests different. Those with heavier burden have less opportunity for preempting testing (which will find proportionally more asymptomatic in the "confirmed" cases) . And if this is the case, then, yes, I agree that this can explain (or at least be one factor in explaining) the lower results. Such theory can be checked by studying the mortality rates in different regions in Germany. which is why I asked about it in the previous post.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Effing morons are still packing the tube out

_111404401_et25jbiwsaej7rt.jpg

Comment

• One of my daughter in law is a nurse working 15 hour shifts in Sheffield's Northern General, they still haven't got the proper PPI to protect themselves yet, never mind us! Low down is, the NHS expects to be overwhelmed in the next month, and begin selecting who gets treatment and who doesn't. The other one's a Ploddess so both of them are right in the front line.

The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

• They had more than two months to make sure the health services had enough PPE

A crash programme to build new ventilators and manufacture enough protective clothing could and should have started then.

Perhaps the pernicious idea that we can just offshore all the countries needs will end after this.

Comment

• I see Charles has been infected. Good luck to him and Her Maj

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post
              Effing morons are still packing the tube out

_111404401_et25jbiwsaej7rt.jpg
              How else are clinical staff supposed to get to work?

The problem is caused by Khan who has cut most of the tube services. This will be wiping out the clinicians at London hospitals at the time they are most needed.
              "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                How else are clinical staff supposed to get to work?
                Car or taxi.

Comment

• We are all in this together now...
                  Buckingham Palace has been bombed....

Prince Charles has got the plague.

The long toll of the brave
                  Is not lost in darkness
                  Over the fruitful earth
                  And athwart the seas
                  Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                  Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Car or taxi.
                    It’s London...it is not practical to travel to a central London hospital by car and taxi would cost a fortune. Few central London NHS hospitals have the parking for a start.
                    The only realistic way of getting to work for hundreds of thousands of key workers is by tube and train.

Comment

• The Mayor could let NHS workers park anywhere they liked, within reason, no charge. He could, or Government could take the taxi bill, or crowdfund it.

I'm sure some of the 170,000(!) people that have just volunteered to help the NHS would be willing to drive them.

Comment

I'm sure some of the 170,000(!) people that have just volunteered to help the NHS would be willing to drive them.
                        Or then they would just attack the NHS staff and rob their ID badges...
                        https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a9414416.html
                        http://camdennewjournal.com/article/...ts-of-muggings
                        It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

The Mayor could let NHS workers park anywhere they liked, within reason, no charge. He could, or Government could take the taxi bill, or crowdfund it.

Or he could just run a few more trains. Remember that key workers is not just nhs it includes essentials such as food distribution, transport, police, fire, teachers, etc. All of these have to get to work. Khan has reduced the trains so essentially he is deliberately exposing people that all Londoners depend upon to greater risk.

Comment

• Nearly a third of Tube staff unavailable due to sickness or isolation.

That sounds like a decent explanation.
                            Is there evidence that he is lying?

Please, no opinions. Prefer facts.
                            "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                              Nearly a third of Tube staff unavailable due to sickness or isolation.

That sounds like a decent explanation.
                              Is there evidence that he is lying?

Please, no opinions. Prefer facts.
                              Merely an excuse. Other essential services are managing despite having staff ill. For example the police and NhS themselves. He could take measures to cover sickness such as cancelling leave, recruiting temporary staff, paying overtime etc. Truth is he is not bothering .
                              Khan is at best incompetent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                                Nearly a third of Tube staff unavailable due to sickness or isolation.
                                Yeah, that's probably about average for London Transport though ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X