A machete is not an offensive weapon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A machete is not an offensive weapon.

A van driver stopped by police in London got out his machete and started hacking the police officer in the head who stoped had him.

He was charged with carrying an offensive weapon and attempted murder. He was acquitted of both of these, and only found guilty of the lesser charge of wounding with intent.

it is no wonder that London has such a high crime level when the courts are so pathetic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51205548

"To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Stupid strikes again! It's highly contagious.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
      it is no wonder that London has such a high crime level when the courts are so pathetic.
      I believe that he was acquitted by a jury of his peers.
      ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
      2) Enjoy playing it
      3) Enjoy sharing it
      4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Well, here's my 'umble opinion for wot it's worth...
        if some nutter smacked me on the melon with a machete I'd be most offended, if he did it again, I'd kind of think he might be attempting to murder me?

The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

This seems very ridiculous.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

The maximum sentence for wounding with intent is still life imprisonment.

This creep ticks all the boxes of aggravating factors so let's hope the Judge does his duty.

Comment

He has to, doesn't he, if only for the morale of the brave lads and lasses who face up to these nutters on our behalf?

Is not lost in darkness
              Over the fruitful earth
              And athwart the seas
              Unquenchable forever.

Comment

He got 16 years of which he will have to serve 2/3rds before being considered for release.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4343546.html

Comment

Why did the policeman, or his fellow officers, not shoot the perp as the attack unfolded?
                  You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                    Why did the policeman, or his fellow officers, not shoot the perp as the attack unfolded?
                    Maybe the role of police is taken to a different/higher level in Great Britain than in the US.
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                      I believe only a small percentage of officers in London are authorised to carry a gun. The rules are very strict from what I've read. Perhaps another member from the UK can confirm this.
                      "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Yep, our Plods as a rule are unarmed, though Tasers are used on a regular basis. I believe the scumbag with the machete was shot twice with a Taser?

Is not lost in darkness
                        Over the fruitful earth
                        And athwart the seas
                        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
                          Yep, our Plods as a rule are unarmed, though Tasers are used on a regular basis. I believe the scumbag with the machete was shot twice with a Taser?

Yes I heard the officer who was attacked had to se his Taser twice. Either failed to operate correctly first time or he fumbled his due to being hit in the head with a machete.

interestingly he was not on his own and had a partner with him but it was the injured PC who brought the perp down. Not sure what his partner was doing as again it was the injured PC who radioed back to base. All this was shown on the video.
                          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Yes I heard the officer who was attacked had to se his Taser twice. Either failed to operate correctly first time or he fumbled his due to being hit in the head with a machete.
                            A taser has an optimal range. If the target is either too close or too far when struck by the pins, then the charge may not be as strong or effective because the barbs are situated either too closely or are too widespread.

interestingly he was not on his own and had a partner with him but it was the injured PC who brought the perp down. Not sure what his partner was doing as again it was the injured PC who radioed back to base. All this was shown on the video.
                            Yes, you can hear the female voice of his partner calling on the radio and in the background. She was the first voice and asked the driver to come to the sidewalk. It is interesting that she seemingly did nothing to aid in the arrest.
                            ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                            2) Enjoy playing it
                            3) Enjoy sharing it
                            4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Stupid strikes again! It's highly contagious.
                              Particularly among lawyers...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X