Commuters stand up to environmental protesters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commuters stand up to environmental protesters

Some ‘extinction rebellion’ protesters got on top of a tube train in the east end of London.
    They were then dragged off the roof and beaten by angry commuters.
    Seems that East Enders are more then a match for middle class environmentalists.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...ondon-50079716
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    Some ‘extinction rebellion’ protesters got on top of a tube train in the east end of London.
    Seems that East Enders are more then a match for middle class environmentalists.

Some of the finest sort hail from the East End -- like me ancestors.

And according to this piece, some of the smartest too. What gives these tossers the right to inconvenience thousands of workaday Joe's just 'cause they want to vent their little spleens? What kind of unmitigated hubris does it take to even think like that in the first place?

When the Republicans held their 2004 nominating convention here in NYC, some outfit calling itself United for Peace and Justice organized all manner of protests against the GOP. They had applied for a demonstration permit in Central Park, but the NYPD turned them down, suggesting instead an alternate site. UPJ decided to go forward with the Central Park protest anyway, but the immigrant activists who'd latched on to UPJ's coattails demurred, citing that a good many of their constituents, if they were arrested by NYPD for disorderly conduct, could be remanded to ICE on suspicion of being illegal aliens and ultimately deported. UPJ's leaders responded by denouncing the immigrant activists as traitors to the cause. In my experience, those who shout the loudest about doing it all for "the people" are the one's most likely to be contemptuous of actual flesh-n-blood people. The migrants, the proletarians, the indigent, the suffering, that the loudmouth lefty crowd makes such noise about representing are in reality viewed as mere vehicles for the left's campaign to take power -- in the name of "the people," of course.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

"those who shout the loudest about doing it all for "the people" are the one's most likely to be contemptuous of actual flesh-n-blood people."

Sounds like the Bushs and Clintons.

Comment

From experience most commuters would welcome the chance to sit down
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          Well that explains a lot.
          The finest sort of gobshite, it seems.
          "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
          validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
          "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
            Well that explains a lot.
            The finest sort of gobshite, it seems.
            No, those were from Armagh.

Rimshot

Comment

Nordies and Cockneys, sweet Jesus it's a miracle you can walk upright!
              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Do you have proof?

Comment

The East Enders have the right idea. Remember the scene in the movie "Airport" where Hugh O'Brien as the captain fights his way through a stream of protestors/special-interest types? Classic.
                  These people who think that it's their right to interrupt the lives of others just because they think that their particular 'cause' is more important than whatever it is that you care about need to be taken down a few pegs. Perhaps instead of LEOs dealing with them we just let the majority rule...especially when the majority is inconvenienced and wants nothing more than to get on with their lives.
                  ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                  IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

"Assistant Chief Constable Sean O'Callaghan said: "It is important that commuters and other rail users allow the police, who are specially trained, to manage these incidents. "

While they sit in there arse for a few hours before doing anything.

Perhaps they should have just rolled the trains out with the protectors glued to the roof.
                    Scrape them off at the end of the day.

Comment

The very finest that those islands can produce. It was the unambitious dregs that remained behind.

Comment

I'm an East Ender too, I'm not the finest but I am one of the best
                        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                        All human ills he can subdue,
                        Or with a bauble or medal
                        Can win mans heart for you;
                        And many a blessing know to stew
                        To make a megloamaniac bright;
                        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

The very finest that those islands can produce. It was the unambitious dregs that remained behind.
                          Yep, that’s what we told them when we put them on the boats.

Comment

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              "those who shout the loudest about doing it all for "the people" are the one's most likely to be contemptuous of actual flesh-n-blood people."

Sounds like the Bushs and Clintons.
                              And that "community organizer", Obama, whose "community" only included black people.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X