Dyson smarter than Sinclair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyson smarter than Sinclair?

Dyson, the UK-based company best known for its vacuum cleaners, has scrapped a project to build electric cars.

The firm, headed by inventor Sir James Dyson, said its engineers had developed a "fantastic electric car" but that it would not hit the roads because it was not "commercially viable".
    Well he stopped in time unlike clutzy Clive
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Can't really have been very good then, since electric cars are plentiful these days.

60% of new cars sold in Norway are already electric.

Comment

As I remember his idea was to sell them in Asia, not Europe, that may have to do with the revised calculation of commercial viability idk.

The plans had included its maiden electric car plant running in Singapore by 2021.
      Dyson confirmed on Friday that 22 automotive team employees in Singapore will be affected. The remaining 498 are in the UK.
      https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...otive-division
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Sinclair invented the ZX Spectrum. Spent hours playing games on that in my early teens.

"To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
          Sinclair invented the ZX Spectrum. Spent hours playing games on that in my early teens.
          As a machine to do more than play on it was rubbish. You could spend hours coding and then find that you couldn't save it. Typical of most Sinclair products - clever design using cheap components - his programmable scientific calculator had the same problem.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X