British Doctor of Thirty Years Fired For Refusing To Use Transgender Pronoun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

I was married to one so I know they can be!
    I do expect them to be reasonably professional and I certainly expect them to leave their religious beliefs outside the door.
    I also expect them to leave their politics outside the door, and be able to prescribe the proper aid as required by my biology and not what political correctness dictates they should say.
    You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

MM is right. Once I get on a real computer instead of this weird hospital "computer" I'll post a video talking about how a British midwife got into trouble for stating that only Women can carry children... That's too sexist to be allowed to stand in the UK.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post

I also expect them to leave their politics outside the door, and be able to prescribe the proper aid as required by my biology and not what political correctness dictates they should say.
        What's that got to do with the issue? We aren't talking about biology here.
        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

What's that got to do with the issue? We aren't talking about biology here.
          The why are you visiting the doctor......to get you car repaired?

Comment

The why are you visiting the doctor......to get you car repaired?
            We are talking about pronouns, not biology.
            He's a doctor, not the language police.

If your doctor started referring to you as "you fat f**k" he might be technically correct but it would be unprofessional.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

We are talking about pronouns, not biology.
              He's a doctor, not the language police.

If your doctor started referring to you as "you fat f**k" he might be technically correct but it would be unprofessional.
              Ad hominem and a ****-poor deflection. Besides, a doctor who chooses to use accepted pronouns and not biology and medicine...is neither a doctor nor a professional. The physician who was fired at least has his integrity intact.

BTW - my Toyota now identifies as a Ferrari, and my mechanic had best be aware of this and use only Ferrari parts from now on....for the sake of his profession and my car's feelings.

Comment

Ad hominem and a ****-poor deflection. Besides, a doctor who chooses to use accepted pronouns and not biology and medicine...is neither a doctor nor a professional. The physician who was fired at least has his integrity intact.

BTW - my Toyota now identifies as a Ferrari, and my mechanic had best be aware of this and use only Ferrari parts from now on....for the sake of his profession and my car's feelings.
                C725E37A-AB04-40F2-AE4A-479431DC4E2A.jpeg

Comment

I hope the doctor is happy now that he kept his "integrity" as a christian. Undoubtedly he'll find another practice. Who the hell would be stupid enough to lose his job over refusing to call a modified feller "her"? Integrity my ass, that's just plain stubborn & stupid. Just as stupid as the him/her complaining, and just as stupid as the whoeverfiredthedoctor for firing the doctor. So some seem to think of him as a martyr? Geez. I guess one man's fool is another man's hero.

A comedy of fools.
                  "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                    Just call the weirdo 'it' and be done with it.
                    When I was in the Marines years ago, I encountered a transsexual in a bar and it didn't end well. Tolerance back then was zero tolerance. But with age and training now I go with the flow. I still get pissed about things but not as much. The only group I still don't like are guys that date farm animals.
                    "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post

When I was in the Marines years ago, I encountered a transsexual in a bar and it didn't end well. Tolerance back then was zero tolerance. But with age and training now I go with the flow. I still get pissed about things but not as much.
                      I am pretty tolerant. I think live and let live is the best way to go. So what if someone wants be be Georgina rather then George? But it goes both ways - if I have to tolerate things I find odd, then they should tolerate the fact that I find it odd.

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                      The only group I still don't like are guys that date farm animals.
                      I wonder if they have a Tinder for that. In this modern world nothing would surprise me.
                      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

I guess you miss the point by deciding what your Toyota should identify as. And as long as you have the cash I'm sure your mechanic will be happy to oblige.

Given that my mothertongue (Finnish) uses a single word for he/she, this whole discussion seems more than idiotic.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post

I guess you miss the point by deciding what your Toyota should identify as. And as long as you have the cash I'm sure your mechanic will be happy to oblige.
                          Um....noooooo....I'm not missing the point here. This is my point -> Because the mechanic would then look at me strange. Why? Because that would be unsafe. Now I've got the right to raise a stink and have the man fired? I've never driven a Ferrari, but I stand pretty confident knowing most if not all Ferrari parts will NOT fit my little Toyota. So, as I demand that my mechanic refer to my Toyota as a Ferrari, and only speak Italian to it, it would be the mechanic's duty to tell me that:

A- It is not possible,
                          B- It is potentially dangerous, and could result in an accident and/or death,
                          C- He's a certified mechanic and will not do what he knows it wrong, and....
                          D- I'm a complete moron for even suggesting it...and that I have a Toyota, not a Ferrari. My Toyota will receive only recommended Toyota parts, and that's it....deal with it.

If your vehicle uses only 92 octane, unleaded gasoline......and I tell you "Sure, it's ok to fill it up with diesel because diesel gets you better mileage"...would you do it? Why or why not?

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                          Just call the weirdo 'it' and be done with it.
                          It, Thing....Funny Uppity Entity. I suppose simply saying Human would still hold truth though....and it's non-identify, non-gender, uni-banooni or whatever so everyone is happy.

Comment

Um....noooooo....I'm not missing the point here. This is my point -> Because the mechanic would then look at me strange. Why? Because that would be unsafe. Now I've got the right to raise a stink and have the man fired? I've never driven a Ferrari, but I stand pretty confident knowing most if not all Ferrari parts will NOT fit my little Toyota. So, as I demand that my mechanic refer to my Toyota as a Ferrari, and only speak Italian to it, it would be the mechanic's duty to tell me that:

A- It is not possible,
                            B- It is potentially dangerous, and could result in an accident and/or death,
                            C- He's a certified mechanic and will not do what he knows it wrong, and....
                            D- I'm a complete moron for even suggesting it...and that I have a Toyota, not a Ferrari. My Toyota will receive only recommended Toyota parts, and that's it....deal with it.

If your vehicle uses only 92 octane, unleaded gasoline......and I tell you "Sure, it's ok to fill it up with diesel because diesel gets you better mileage"...would you do it? Why or why not?
                            In case you didn't read the news, this was about the doctors Christian beliefs. Not about medicine.

A more apt comparison would be that you take your Toyota to the mechanic, tell him/her that you identify as a woman, after which he refuses to take care of your car, and furthermore informs you that cars do not exist since they are not in the bible. Or, perhaps that your wife takes the car to the mechanic, at which point he refuses to take care of it because women can't possibly drive cars.
                            Last edited by Karri; 07 Nov 19, 19:59.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

If it's a he, say it's a he, if it's a she, say it's a she, I see nothing consfusing about that, and if anyone is, take your pants off and look, and if you are still confused, not even the PC crowd can help you and no one can, SORRY!
                              The World is going Crazy!
                              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X