Criminals flushed with success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminals flushed with success?

It's the sort of crime caper an Ealing Comedy film might have been made of (or perhaps Carry On Up the Khazzie). The theft of a solid gold toilet from Blenheim Palace. Stolen to order maybe? - Keep an eye on deliveries to Trump Tower! If Sir Bernard and Lady Docker were still with us they'd be in the frame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-49700620
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

If there's some bastard with a solid gold bog...
    they deserve robbing!!!

The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
      If there's some bastard with a solid gold bog...
      they deserve robbing!!!

Obviously didn't read the enclosed item. It was part of an art exhibition - a piece of conceptual art - but then at bottom conceptual art is essentially crap
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        It's the sort of crime caper an Ealing Comedy film might have been made of (or perhaps Carry On Up the Khazzie). The theft of a solid gold toilet from Blenheim Palace. Stolen to order maybe? - Keep an eye on deliveries to Trump Tower! If Sir Bernard and Lady Docker were still with us they'd be in the frame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-49700620

Norah, Lady Docker has a sudden flashback to her girlhood Gorbals dance hall hostess days, when she would have been stroking this sailor's arm while the dance hall dip on duty lifted his wallet....

Last edited by marktwain; 14 Sep 19, 13:11.
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

iN RETROSPECT, THE BOTTOM pix is probably staged. I can't picture why a group of sailors would be interested in watching a naked woman dancing with a man in a gorilla suit....

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
            iN RETROSPECT, THE BOTTOM pix is probably staged. I can't picture why a group of sailors would be interested in watching a naked woman dancing with a man in a gorilla suit....
            Seriously racist photo though, isn't it? A woman dressed as some sort of "native" dancing with a gorilla.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

Seriously racist photo though, isn't it? A woman dressed as some sort of "native" dancing with a gorilla.
              I'm having second thoughts on whether he's a gorilla, or the Ship's Bosun dancing naked....
              IIRC correctly, Bosuns never take their caps off...
              Mystery to me...

Comment

Wasn't King Kong the big movie back then?

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                  Wasn't King Kong the big movie back then?
                  Different dance moves...

Maybe it IS a bosun sans uniform. I can't picture a pack of Royal Navy matelots letting a gorilla get between them and a naked woman....

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

"Dressed'????

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X