Well that's all right then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's all right then

Lego have announced plans to ensure that supplies to Britain will be maintained through a no deal Brexit. Crisis averted. I'm surprised that Gove hasn't announced this triumph in the Commons
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Just a wild guess here but are Lego's 'plans' just to use the same procedures they use when selling to the rest of fecking world?

Comment

Originally posted by Gooner View Post
      Just a wild guess here but are Lego's 'plans' just to use the same procedures they use when selling to the rest of fecking world?
      Seems most likely.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Gooner View Post
        You don't know much about supply chains, do you?
        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

You don't know much about supply chains, do you?
          What role do UK concerns play in Lego's supply chain? Do British manufacturers supply plastic or packaging material? Are Lego's plastics vendors especially reliant on British petroleum?

I strongly suspect that what Lego is saying is that they'll perfectly willing to pass on the cost of increased tariffs and protectionist policies to their British customers. As is the norm with these silly protectionist ploys is that the party that ends up paying is your own consumers.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Their delivery trucks will be in the same queues and subject to the same chaos as everyone else
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

No worries, the Lincoln Logs Co. of Burnham, Maine will be there to pick up the Lego "big kid fun" slack; environmentally friendly, I hear their Millennium Falcon kit is to die for!

0040534_lincoln-logs-100th-anniversary-tin7_360.jpg
              "I am Groot"
              - Groot

Comment

Wot's Lego ?
                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                  Wot's Lego ?
                  Only the Pride of Denmark!

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                    Wot's Lego ?
                    Best toys ever.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

Best toys ever.
                      Apart from Mechano
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Apart from Mechano
                        And people think that the Brexiteer/remainer divide is intractable to deal with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X