Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merkel gets shakes ...Hey didn't another German leader?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Merkel gets shakes ...Hey didn't another German leader?

    Merkel gets shakes ...Hey didn't another German leader?

    Sorry couldn't resist!
    Don't get me wrong, I really admire her and believe she should have gotten the Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts to assist refugees and for ignoring the populist /nationalist knuckle-dragging deplorables sentiment against them a few years ago.

    But it is a bit ironic don't you think? That modern Germany's vilest creature and her finest post-war leader both get similar symptoms towards the end of their respective careers?

    Cripes , what have I said?
    Now every pedantic, deadpan, kill-joy is going to tell me I don't really understand what irony is and that Hitler was actually an Austrian!

    What is it the Chinese say? 'May you live in interesting times.'

    A fantastic era for politics and history. Love it.
    It ain't the mid-sixties to mid seventies, but it'll do!

    Regards
    lodestar


  • #2
    Originally posted by lodestar View Post
    Merkel gets shakes ...Hey didn't another German leader?

    Sorry couldn't resist!
    Don't get me wrong, I really admire her and believe she should have gotten the Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts to assist refugees and for ignoring the populist /nationalist knuckle-dragging deplorables sentiment against them a few years ago.

    But it is a bit ironic don't you think? That modern Germany's vilest creature and her finest post-war leader both get similar symptoms towards the end of their respective careers?

    Cripes , what have I said?
    Now every pedantic, deadpan, kill-joy is going to tell me I don't really understand what irony is and that Hitler was actually an Austrian!

    What is it the Chinese say? 'May you live in interesting times.'

    A fantastic era for politics and history. Love it.
    It ain't the mid-sixties to mid seventies, but it'll do!

    Regards
    lodestar
    Hitler was a drug addict with Parkinsons, (or neurosyphillis, depending on which set of symptoms you pick) thanks to his personal penchant for instant results from medications and his personal quack, Herr Doktor Morrel. Are you saying that Merkel is also a drug addict, or that she, too, has Parkinsons, which is treatable these days?

    Your post reads like a deliberate troll rather than any attempt at discussion.

    The so-called "refugee" situation is a lot more complex than you present it, and is so far beyond what you have attributed to it that further discussion is meaningless.

    Not like you at all.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

      Hitler was a drug addict with Parkinsons, (or neurosyphillis, depending on which set of symptoms you pick) thanks to his personal penchant for instant results from medications and his personal quack, Herr Doktor Morrel. Are you saying that Merkel is also a drug addict, or that she, too, has Parkinsons, which is treatable these days?
      There's currently no cure for Parkinson's, but there are medications, treatments and therapies to help manage the condition. Parkinson's UK
      Given those people I have known who have had it these are of varying efficacy depending on the individual and some sufferers do still shake
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MarkV View Post



        Given those people I have known who have had it these are of varying efficacy depending on the individual and some sufferers do still shake
        All Mountain Man knows is that Lodestar was much better when he was still speaking of himself in the third person singular.

        Mountain Man is very disappointed in the latest development, which makes Lodestar sound like certain other radical individuals well known to this forum.

        Meanwhile, is Merkel diseased or addicted?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

          All Mountain Man knows is that Lodestar was much better when he was still speaking of himself in the third person singular.

          Mountain Man is very disappointed in the latest development, which makes Lodestar sound like certain other radical individuals well known to this forum.

          Meanwhile, is Merkel diseased or addicted?
          How is this relevant - to anything?
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

          Comment


          • #6
            Guys, Parkinson's runs in my family. I have seen the bad side. My Grandmother had it and I sat with her in the Hospital when she had a bad relapse. Medication held it off for a while but she needed to adjust it ever so often.

            She sat there and told me I was not who I said I was and then decided to cut me down as if I wasn't there. I was handling it pretty well until I brought up my brother and she then said some nice things about him! Thing is, I knew my brother much better than she did. She ran off my Aunt who could not handle her behavior.

            If Merkel has Parkinson's and a bad episode, I don't see them allowing her to stay in office.

            Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

            Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

            by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

            Comment


            • #7
              by Mountain Man: Your post reads like a deliberate troll rather than any attempt at discussion
              Oh come on MM We've both been on them Forum since Sep 2004 for Pete's Sake!
              We know each other pretty well. I don't, repeat don't do 'trolling'.

              Taking folks out of their comfort zone and being genuinely indifferent to political correctness and anti-political correctness is not trolling.

              by Mountain Man:The so-called "refugee" situation is a lot more complex than you present it, and is so far beyond what you have attributed to it that further discussion is meaningless.
              [/QUOTE]

              'A lot more complex'. Hmmm ….now don't tell me....errr…. let me guess....Oh yeah!! Got it!! I bet objections to "refugees" (your choice of inverted commas) has NOTHING to do with racism, right?

              'beyond what you have attributed to it'
              Iodestar didn't attribute the refugee (no commas ) crisis to anything, neither war, persecution, desire for a better life, simple self -interest or whatever I just said I admired Merkel's stand on it and her overriding of the populist sentiment who opposed her stance.

              All Mountain Man knows is that Lodestar was much better when he was still speaking of himself in the third person singular.

              Mountain Man is very disappointed in the latest development, which makes Lodestar sound like certain other radical individuals well known to this forum.
              lodestar does not do and has never remotely needed guidance on how to refer to himself (indignant hurmmaph!).

              Seriously though, folks have been predicting Merkel's political end since a few weeks after she got in.
              Her keeping the 'barbarians at bay' approach (the barbs being domestic populists of course not immigrants/refugees) and the reasoned German response to the crisis is I believe great reflection on the modern Germany and its leader.

              Regards lodestar


              Comment

              Latest Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X