Conservative Leadership Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Nope - the usual conspiracy right wing nutters - just say it and believe that if they repeat something often enough it becomes true.
    Reuters is NOT right wing, but it wrote the following on February 7 2018 :
    Soros donation to halt Brexit causes storm in Britain .
    Thus, comrade, you made again an own-goal .

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

See above.
      See post 211 , Who is making own-goals ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
        Post 203 : The Guardian.
        It's on opinion piece, it's the opinion of one man, Max Hastings, former editor of the Daily Telegraph, apparently, which just happens to be published in the Guardian, among others.

Here is the same article in The Irish Times - if you like that better

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/i...ster-1.3936109

If the Johnson family had stuck to showbusiness like the Osmonds, Marx Brothers or von Trapp family, the world would be a better place. Yet the Tories, in their terror, have elevated a cavorting charlatan to the steps of Downing Street, and they should expect to pay a full forfeit when voters get the message.

Last edited by Snowygerry; 26 Jun 19, 02:54.
        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

See post 211 , Who is making own-goals ?
          I am beginning to suspect that you may be a small child...
          "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
          validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
          "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Where's Surrey, a Brexiteer who can hold a conversation?
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

I am beginning to suspect that you may be a small child...
              Do you deny that Soros was giving money to the anti Brexiteers ? Yes or no .

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

It's on opinion piece, it's the opinion of one man, Max Hastings, former editor of the Daily Telegraph, apparently, which just happens to be published in the Guardian, among others.

Here is the same article in The Irish Times - if you like that better

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/i...ster-1.3936109

The Irish Times is a liberal Irish journal that is hostile to Brexit.
                No one in Britain cares about the opinion of Irish about Brexit ,because : Brexit is the business of the British people only, not of the Irish people .

Comment

No one in Britain cares about the opinion of Irish about Brexit ,because : Brexit is the business of the British people only, not of the Irish people .
                  Once again, it is not the opinion of "the Irish" or "The Guardian" or "liberals" - it is the opinion of MAX HASTINGS.

Either refute the opnion and post your own, or shut up

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Brexit does involve Irish people; those UK citizens living in Northern Ireland which, while not being British, is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I do agree that nobody in Britain cares about their opinion, certainly nobody on the Brexit side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Once again, it is not the opinion of "the Irish" or "The Guardian" or "liberals" - it is the opinion of MAX HASTINGS.

Either refute the opnion and post your own, or shut up
                      Wrong : if the Irish Times / the Guardian are posting an attack on Boris,when there is a good chance that Boris will become PM , an attack written by someone who was silent when Boris became Foreign secretary and an attack with irrelevant arguments , it is obvious that
                      1 it is also the opinion of these journals
                      2 the whole thing is an orchestrated offensive against Boris to prevent him to beco;e PM and to prevent Brexit
                      3 both journals are participating on this offensive .
                      If Hastings had written an article praising Boris, it is obvious that The Guardian neither the Irish Times would have published the article .
                      Last point : I have not to refute the opinion of Hastings about Boris or give my own opinion ,because I am neutral concerning Boris and I am neutral concerning Brexit : it is on the British people only to decide later, after Brexit ( if Brexit passes ,which is not certain ) if Brexit was good for them or not good . It is not on the Irish Times to interfere, not on Soros, not on Obama, who ,a few days before the referendum,exhorted the British people to vote against Brexit .
                      It is not on foreigners to decide who must be the PM of Britain .

Comment

Brexit does involve Irish people; those UK citizens living in Northern Ireland which, while not being British, is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I do agree that nobody in Britain cares about their opinion, certainly nobody on the Brexit side.
                        While you wants the Anschluss of NI to the Irish republic, the reality is that today the inhabitants of NI are not Irish, but British,as NI is still a part of the UK .
                        The British people are the inhabitants of the UK , NI is a part of the UK ( not a part of Ireland ) thus the inhabitants of NI are British, not Irish .
                        It is as simple as that .
                        One must start from reality, not from what one wishes that reality should be .

Comment

Last point : I have not to refute the opinion of Hastings about Boris or give my own opinion ,because I am neutral concerning Boris and I am neutral concerning Brexit : it is on the British people only to decide later, after Brexit ( if Brexit passes ,which is not certain ) if Brexit was good for them or not good . It is not on the Irish Times to interfere, not on Soros, not on Obama, who ,a few days before the referendum,exhorted the British people to vote against Brexit .
                          It is not on foreigners to decide who must be the PM of Britain .
                          No you don't, you can also just post your own opinion, and you just did, thanks.

Case closed

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy H View Post
                            Hi

When asked about the wider political gamut of policy, the silence is proverbially deafening.
                            The Brexit Party, like UKIP (remember them) will be gone after 2 election cycles, as logical people realise
                            that a protest party has limited appeal or shelf life.

Regards

Andy H
                            The way I heard it was;
                            "The Brexit Party - the latest host body for Nigel Farage, the tapeworm of British Politics."

It took me a week to stop laughing.
                            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

While you wants the Anschluss of NI to the Irish republic,
                              Thatís the last thing I want. The British made the basket case that is Northern Ireland and they can keep it or, if they want us to take it off our hands, they will have to pay us t take it.

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                              the reality is that today the inhabitants of NI are not Irish, but British,as NI is still a part of the UK .
                              They are Irish and British citizens, just as the Welsh and Scottish are Welsh and Scottish and also British citizens.
                              Unlike Wales and Scotland Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain. It is part f the UK. People in Gibraltar are British citizens but Gibraltar not is not part of Britain. Itís not that complicated, I donít expect you to understand. That fact remains though that the people of Northern Ireland are Irish.

The British people are the inhabitants of the UK , NI is a part of the UK ( not a part of Ireland ) thus the inhabitants of NI are British, not Irish .
                              It is as simple as that .
                              No it isnít. Britain isnít leaving the EU, the UK is leaving the EU. The fact that the Brexiteers use the term Brexit speaks to their attitude about a part of their own country.

One must start from reality, not from what one wishes that reality should be .
                              Accidental irony is the best kind.

Comment

• It is also possible to be British but not a UK citizen. Inhabitants of The Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey are all British but none of these islands are in the UK - they are British Self Governing Crown Dependencies
                                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X