Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro Elections

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Euro Elections

    OK, this may be a fraught topic, but as the EU parliamentary elections are in full swing and many on these boards live in Europe, I thought I'd kick this one off and see what happens.

    Obviously, opinion in the UK is sharply divided, with many hoping these elections wouldn't happen, and others using them as a dry run for other purposes, but I wouldn't mind finding out what those further afield think.

    Obviously I've already voted, and anybody who knows me will be fairly sure which way.
    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

  • #2
    Just back from a rural polling station. Incredibly quiet just one other car in the car park and that belonged to the officials who were very bored looking. The ballot box wasn't deep enough for the forms with so many candidates on them and they had to be folded several times and pushed in with a ruler - what a farce.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

    Comment


    • #3
      No one ever votes in Euro Elections. Its a complete non-event in the UK and the majority of the population don't care who is their Euro MP. That is why the likes of UKIP were able to hijack the system so as to get elected as Euro MPs whilst at the same time the country rejected them as Parliament MPs. This time around the Leavers are going to try and make it a 'statement' but is is all forced. The voting is completely irrelevant to the Parliamentary system. If they do win big Farage and Co. will try to claim it means they will sweep to power in a General Election. The deluded dreams of a man who has stood for Parliament 6 timers and never even came close to getting elected.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by m kenny View Post
        No one ever votes in Euro Elections. Its a complete non-event in the UK and the majority of the population don't care who is their Euro MP. That is why the likes of UKIP were able to hijack the system so as to get elected as Euro MPs whilst at the same time the country rejected them as Parliament MPs. This time around the Leavers are going to try and make it a 'statement' but is is all forced. The voting is completely irrelevant to the Parliamentary system. If they do win big Farage and Co. will try to claim it means they will sweep to power in a General Election. The deluded dreams of a man who has stood for Parliament 6 timers and never even came close to getting elected.
        You've just encapsulated the argument in Scotland. Last time around UKIP got an MEP here at the last gasp, they're trying to push this as a reason to increase turnout this time.
        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

        Comment


        • #5
          This was interesting. Lets see how much aistrian far right gets now for EU parlament

          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...ice-chancellor

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Daud View Post
            This was interesting. Lets see how much aistrian far right gets now for EU parlament

            https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...ice-chancellor
            Let's see how long Deep State will be able to hide the role of the BND in this trap : an unknown person, whose face was hidden in the video, pretending to be a Russian billionaire and proposing 2 Austrian politicians financial help for the election campaign, going away and never returning, but the meeting was filmed by a hidden camera, and 2 years later, suddenly, a week before the European elections, the film is leaked to 2 German newspapers .And, noone asks any questions about this big scandal = interference by the German secret service in Austrian domestic politics .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ljadw View Post

              Let's see how long Deep State will be able to hide the role of the BND in this trap : an unknown person, whose face was hidden in the video, pretending to be a Russian billionaire and proposing 2 Austrian politicians financial help for the election campaign, going away and never returning, but the meeting was filmed by a hidden camera, and 2 years later, suddenly, a week before the European elections, the film is leaked to 2 German newspapers .And, noone asks any questions about this big scandal = interference by the German secret service in Austrian domestic politics .
              So BND made him speak trash about his coalition partners and talk his corrupting plan - tenders for russian companies and selling them media ?

              cool story bro
              BND had them in a trap and waited for a good moment to release.

              Comment


              • #8
                Last year there were 2 big scandals in Austria who of course were hidden by the European DS media
                1 Agents of the BND were caught spying in Austria
                2 The Austrian anti-corruption police (led by a FP man ) was doing a house search in the offices of the Austrian secret service,resulting in the Austrian Interior minister (of the FP) firing the director of the Austrian secret service (BVT ),who was a VP man .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by m kenny View Post
                  No one ever votes in Euro Elections. Its a complete non-event in the UK and the majority of the population don't care who is their Euro MP. That is why the likes of UKIP were able to hijack the system so as to get elected as Euro MPs whilst at the same time the country rejected them as Parliament MPs. This time around the Leavers are going to try and make it a 'statement' but is is all forced. The voting is completely irrelevant to the Parliamentary system. If they do win big Farage and Co. will try to claim it means they will sweep to power in a General Election. The deluded dreams of a man who has stood for Parliament 6 timers and never even came close to getting elected.
                  Gibraltar still turns out in respectable numbers....

                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Daud View Post


                    BND had them in a trap and waited for a good moment to release.
                    I see : you defend the illegal intervention from a foreign spy organisation in Austria .Not that I am surprised .
                    Besides, what the 2 FP leaders proposed was stupid, but not illegal .
                    Every politician knows that when someone proposes to give money for the election campaign,he expects a reward .
                    There is nothing for free in the world .
                    Hillary received $ billions for her election campaign , Obama's ambassador in Belgium bought his function, in Britain the reward for financial help for the elections is a peerage, a knighthood, OBE, etc. In France Sarkozy will have to appear for a tribunal, in Germany Kohl got money from the industry,and all this was not for free .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                      I see : you defend the illegal intervention from a foreign spy organisation in Austria .Not that I am surprised .
                      Besides, what the 2 FP leaders proposed was stupid, but not illegal .
                      Every politician knows that when someone proposes to give money for the election campaign,he expects a reward .
                      There is nothing for free in the world .
                      Hillary received $ billions for her election campaign , Obama's ambassador in Belgium bought his function, in Britain the reward for financial help for the elections is a peerage, a knighthood, OBE, etc. In France Sarkozy will have to appear for a tribunal, in Germany Kohl got money from the industry,and all this was not for free .
                      I dont care who and which metod they used. Important is that those hidden nazis are out of the politics for ever.

                      Noone should wait for a moment when such people ruin everything.

                      I believed it was BND too but they arent responsible.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Daud View Post

                        I dont care who and which metod they used. Important is that those hidden nazis are out of the politics for ever.

                        Noone should wait for a moment when such people ruin everything.

                        I believed it was BND too but they arent responsible.
                        I see : you approve these methods when it is against your opponents .
                        The FP are not hidden nazis and they are not out of politics for ever.
                        In 2011, Strasser (VP) former Austrian minister of home affairs and than MEP fell in a trap by journalists (illegal provocation ) and said yes to money proposals,he got 4 years, but in 2017 the VP was one winner of the elections .
                        That he said yes is nothing surprising, after all he was a politician and MEP : 30% of the outgoing European Parliament was on the pay list of Soros .And let's not talk about the Islam : never heard about Bakchich ?It is a wellknown fact that Erdogan, the leader of liberal Turkey does not phone/move for less than $ 10 million .
                        Thus, you know what you can do with your hypocritical indignation .
                        Last point : nazis,as an invective by a Muslim,if it was a praise , I would understand from a member of a religion where Mein Kamp is still a bestseller .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Im tellin you about those 2 persons, not party.

                          You re like a woman in a menopause
                          no logic or facts... just emotions


                          Anyway. I live among them, so... i know and you dont

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Daud View Post
                            Im tellin you about those 2 persons, not party.

                            You re like a woman in a menopause
                            no logic or facts... just emotions


                            Anyway. I live among them, so... i know and you dont
                            That banging sound is his computer keyboard fighting back.....I yust voted to do - VAT?
                            Last edited by marktwain; 23 May 19, 15:10.
                            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                              Let's see how long Deep State will be able to hide the role of the BND in this trap : an unknown person, whose face was hidden in the video, pretending to be a Russian billionaire and proposing 2 Austrian politicians financial help for the election campaign, going away and never returning, but the meeting was filmed by a hidden camera, and 2 years later, suddenly, a week before the European elections, the film is leaked to 2 German newspapers .And, noone asks any questions about this big scandal = interference by the German secret service in Austrian domestic politics .
                              Sure, Strache was as innocent as a newborne baby. He resigned because he was innocent and naive, right?
                              Your apologism for sheer idiots knows no boundaries.
                              "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X