YELLOW VESTS IN FRANCE PLANNING A BANK RUN TO COLLAPSE THE EURO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Actually, I think it's more due to the French government's long-standing tradition of surrendering at the first sign of resistance.

What's next? Frexit?
    'Frexit'...that's funny!

I can see it now...the French populace - storming the Bastille yet again -barricading the streets - running on the banks - "Haha, I weel weethdraw ALL of my Euros! I weel keep dem safe, oui? We weel COLLAPSE the euro t'roughout all Europe! ....And den, when le euro is NOMORE I weel take my euro 'dat I have weethdrawn and...and I weel buy...ummm...I weel buy....Wait, what?"
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

It was tried in 2010 already. Didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
        It was tried in 2010 already. Didn't work.
        Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
          That "mess" has already produced results, and my be on the cusp of producing more, possibly changing the way government functions on a fundamental level if they keep close watch of it. They've also checked the medias in their biases as well, much to the shock of the medias. Because the movement has no "head" or spoke person, the government nor the medias know who to talk to....one of the reasons it has gone on so long.

Free Stuff?? Clearly, you haven't been paying attention then. A major tax hike was rescinded, and now demands for government accountability, transparency, the right to a national referendum on issues affecting the entire country......and *GASP* .... TERM LIMITS and pay reduction for members of the National Assembly. To paraphrase something Bill Maher once said a decade ago....Americans couldn't do that if it were between tits and bigger tits, and they were handing out free samples.

What is happening in France is a popular revolt in the true sense of the word. When Americans protest, it's more of a Show-and-Tell phenomenon at the national mall in Washington DC with media spotlights. In other words, barely noticeable.

Good for them, and you.

And yes, we are over-due for the same thing here, but so far being fat dumb & happy is still holding everyone in American in some sort of weird inertia.

As for this last thing.... crash the banks by withdrawing cash? Sounds like disinformation and propaganda to me. Everyone needs a bank account.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Good for them, and you.

And yes, we are over-due for the same thing here, but so far being fat dumb & happy is still holding everyone in American in some sort of weird inertia.
            So you think large-scale street violence, destruction of private and public property, and general lawlessness would be a good thing?

Nothing good comes out of that sort of thing.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

So you think large-scale street violence, destruction of private and public property, and general lawlessness would be a good thing?

Nothing good comes out of that sort of thing.
              Nothing good comes of putting up with endless bullying and abuse, even if it is the State that is doing it.

And if taxation without representation is wrong, then what would you call a combination of over-taxation for the sake of forcing people into impoverished compliance?
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Nothing good comes of putting up with endless bullying and abuse, even if it is the State that is doing it.

And if taxation without representation is wrong, then what would you call a combination of over-taxation for the sake of forcing people into impoverished compliance?
                I think your tinfoil hat is on too tight.

Why you would be so naive to think that your interests would be served this wasyis inexplicable. And even casual examination of history shows that what comes out of disorder is nearly always worse that that which it replaced.

In the very few times things did not get worse, the fact was that the haves still came out on top, and the have-nots remained have-nots. That is the nature of things.

Have you considered moving someplace else?

Don't confuse personal failure with the failure of the system.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I have some sympathy for the yellow vests and support their protests against Macron's environmental taxes. One of the guys in the office commutes from France and according to him they seem very friendly and let him through their barricades.

With 'ever closer union' in the EU and Macron being an EU fanatic one can understand how ordinary people are feeling disenfranchised. There are pictures of APCs under the EU flag being used to crush the protesters.
                  "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

I think your tinfoil hat is on too tight.

Why you would be so naive to think that your interests would be served this wasyis inexplicable. And even casual examination of history shows that what comes out of disorder is nearly always worse that that which it replaced.

In the very few times things did not get worse, the fact was that the haves still came out on top, and the have-nots remained have-nots. That is the nature of things.
                    You sound so much like a Leftist now... or like the kind of Right winger that AntiFa sees under their beds all the time.... and it is a little scary how similar those two are.

Every time an authoritarian like you opens his/her mouth.

But the funny part is, I don't live in France!

Don't confuse personal failure with the failure of the system.
                    My personal failure caused the French Govt to double the rate of taxation on gasoline sold in France, for the deliberate purpose of forcing people to drive less or to purchase under-preforming and more expensive Alt-fuel cars?

What an amazing world some of us live in....

Last edited by The Exorcist; 12 Jan 19, 19:54.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

You sound so much like a Leftist now... or like the kind of Right winger that AntiFa sees under their beds all the time.... and it is a little scary how similar those two are.

QUOTE=Arnold J Rimmer;n5089298]
                      Every time an authoritarian like you opens his/her mouth.

But the funny part is, I don't live in France!

QUOTE=Arnold J Rimmer;n5089298]Don't confuse personal failure with the failure of the system. [/QUOTE]

My personal failure caused the French Govt to double the rate of taxation on gasoline sold in France, for the deliberate purpose of forcing people to drive less or to purchase under-preforming and more expensive Alt-fuel cars?

What an amazing world some of us live in....

[/QUOTE]

You're the one whining about being bullied by the state and the apathy of Americans.

Comment

The irony of course is that the yellow jackets do not reject authoritarian ideology. There are by some accounts far leftists and far right people protesting in the same group. Very few if any of the French protestors are rejecting what libertarians call statism.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                          The irony of course is that the yellow jackets do not reject authoritarian ideology. There are by some accounts far leftists and far right people protesting in the same group. Very few if any of the French protestors are rejecting what libertarians call statism.
                          IMHO, the point wasn't about overturning a Govt, that was Govt propaganda and paranoia.

The point was that nobody in the Govt was listening to anyone that wasn't working in the Govt or the Media.
                          Period.
                          I guess they will now... for a little while.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Seems like Macron has given in...a little. He is proposing to have a conference with the Yellow Vest movement....trick will be finding people on that side who will agree to become the spokespersons of the movement, if temporarily.

A wide range of issues to be discussed and debated...the president threw taxes, administration (size of government), and more public say on referendums among other things. Now the Yellow Vests must decide to either sit down at the table or continue taking to the streets. French public opinion on the movement continues to be more supportive than not, though less than when the movement began.
                            You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Seems like Macron has given in...a little. He is proposing to have a conference with the Yellow Vest movement....trick will be finding people on that side who will agree to become the spokespersons of the movement, if temporarily....
                              Since an ex-minister said the Police should use live ammo on them, I can understand why.

Looks like the Bank run was just as much of a Phantom is I thought.
                              What about the CITIZEN INITIATIVE REFERENDUM? I thought that was the real point of all this.

What we are not being told -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDAjEaFPnwY
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Seems like Macron has given in...a little.
                                I thought Macron has given in a lot already?

He is hardly le Thatcher he was making out to be.

macronthatcher.jpg?w=246&h=300.jpg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X