Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The European Union to become an Empire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by slick_miester
    Why wicked imperialist invaders, of course.
    False historical news. It's false people. Thank you.

    They were peaceful tradesmen, boat builders and farmers who were invited into England, and later also Scotland. It's not as if they invited themselves or anything, I mean what ever gave you that idea?



    Comment


    • Originally posted by Emtos View Post

      Complete success ? LOL

      Here is the Russian account of those days.

      https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/12977714

      All batteries are intact. Spirit of troops is excellent. Some enemy ships were damaged.
      From that article you missed out "The bombardment lasted till the morning of the 11th and this account is only to the morning of the 10th"

      Ultimately a failure for the Allies. Fortress was not destroyed, troops weren't landed. And this while the Russian fleet wasn't present.
      More of a tester for the British. They smashed up the fortress pretty well for a two-day bombardment and there was no intention to land troops. It was but a small sample of what Cronstadt could expect.

      The Russian fleet was in hiding. As they were for the whole of the Crimean War.

      Comment


      • Nothing changed at the morning of 11. British achieved nothing. Fortress was not destroyed and casualties were very light. At Cronstadt the British would met much heavier guns and plenty of ships including dozens newly built gunboats. British achieved nothing in two years of war. There was no reason to expect something of different for the third year. Even their French allies were sarcastic about them.
        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Emtos View Post
          Nothing changed at the morning of 11. British achieved nothing. Fortress was not destroyed and casualties were very light.
          Three quarters of the Sweaborg arsenal destroyed and not one Allied fatality.

          At Cronstadt the British would met much heavier guns and plenty of ships including dozens newly built gunboats.
          You think the Russian navy would fight? Hallelujah!

          British achieved nothing in two years of war. There was no reason to expect something of different for the third year. Even their French allies were sarcastic about them.
          The British Army gave the Russian Army a good kicking at the Alma, Balaclava and Inkerman. If it wasn't for French pusillanimity they would have stormed Sevastopol in 1854

          12thin_red_line_war_museum5757c.jpg

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Gooner View Post

            Three quarters of the Sweaborg arsenal destroyed and not one Allied fatality.
            Show the proofs in Russianarchives about that.

            Originally posted by Gooner View Post
            You think the Russian navy would fight? Hallelujah!
            That's why it was keept in reserve.

            Originally posted by Gooner View Post
            The British Army gave the Russian Army a good kicking at the Alma, Balaclava and Inkerman. If it wasn't for French pusillanimity they would have stormed Sevastopol in 1854
            Good kicking ? Balaclava was indecisive. Alma seen a large participation from the French. Allies were still unable to quickly capture Sevastopol. Inkerman seen also a massive French participation. It was a victory but the attack on Sevastopol was delayed and the siege lasted for a long time. Without the French, British would have run to the sea or surrendered. Like they usually do.

            Funny that on your picture the soldiers are Scotts and not English.
            There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Emtos View Post

              Show the proofs in Russianarchives about that.



              That's why it was keept in reserve.
              A Kamikaze attack!!

              Good kicking ? Balaclava was indecisive. Alma seen a large participation from the French. Allies were still unable to quickly capture Sevastopol. Inkerman seen also a massive French participation. It was a victory but the attack on Sevastopol was delayed and the siege lasted for a long time.
              Without the French, British would have run to the sea or surrendered. Like they usually do.
              In all the Russian army got a good kicking from the British.
              It was French pissing about that led to the siege. The British just wanted to assault the fortress straight away, in with the bayonet, take your losses and the jobs a good 'un.
              Still turning the siege into an attritional affair had the advantage in that the Russians lost far more soldiers, than their enemies. Like they ususally do.


              Funny that on your picture the soldiers are Scotts and not English.
              How do you know they are all called Scott?


              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gooner View Post

                So nothing to say. Previsible.

                Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                A Kamikaze attack!!
                No.

                Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                In all the Russian army got a good kicking from the British.
                It was French pissing about that led to the siege. The British just wanted to assault the fortress straight away, in with the bayonet, take your losses and the jobs a good 'un.
                Still turning the siege into an attritional affair had the advantage in that the Russians lost far more soldiers, than their enemies. Like they ususally do.
                Russians lost less soldiers during the war than their enemies. An attack by the British would have resulted in a massacre for them. The numbers involved and casualties count show that British would hardly get something without the French.

                Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                How do you know they are all called Scott?

                Why then is it called ScottLand ?
                There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

                Comment


                • Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

                  You would think people would learn from history
                  History tells us otherwise

                  "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                  validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                  "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Emtos View Post

                    So nothing to say. Previsible.
                    Russian account
                    "On August 6, 1855 the anglo-french fleet appeared under the walls of Sveaborg. There was the Crimean war of that time and the allies struggling against Russian empire decided to distract forces of the opponent. On August 9 bombardment began. Out of date fortress guns could not cause a great harm to allied fleet. Bombardment proceeded three days. There were big losses among garrison and vast destructions in the fortress.

                    Finnish
                    "A combined Anglo-French fleet bombarded Viapori for two days in August 1855, and Viapori sustained heavy damage in the bombardment."
                    "an Anglo-French fleet was able to bombard the fortress without interruption during the Crimean War in 1855 causing severe damage."


                    Russians lost less soldiers during the war than their enemies.
                    Russian Empire – 450,125 casualties

                    British Empire – 22,182

                    French Empire – 95,615

                    Ottoman Empire – 45,400

                    Kingdom of Sardinia – 2,166

                    An attack by the British would have resulted in a massacre for them.
                    The numbers involved and casualties count show that British would hardly get something without the French.
                    Assaults are usually bloody affairs. In the event disease, exposure and malnutrition killed far more soldiers than would have occurred in a rapid assault on the underprepared fortress.

                    The 1856 Baltic Expedition was the British going for something without the French. A no-mucking about strategy straight at the Russian jugular, using all their technological and materiel superiority,

                    The British Prime Minister's ambitions were even greater than that. Foment rebellion amongst the subject peoples in the Russian Empire and form a Grand Coalition to pick whatever they wanted from the Russian carcass.
                    Fortunately for your lot Britain was a democracy even back then.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

                      So the propaganda machine has told you. I'm certainly not far right. The far right meme is a lot like the Nazis blaming the Jews for the unraveling of the social fabric. It diverts attention from systemic problems in society. Problems politicians can't address because to do so would be to admit that spending money they don't have is becoming less tenable and the solution of importing "new workers" insane.
                      The Far Right are Nazi in actions and pov.
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                      Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                      you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Gooner View Post

                        Russian account
                        "On August 6, 1855 the anglo-french fleet appeared under the walls of Sveaborg. There was the Crimean war of that time and the allies struggling against Russian empire decided to distract forces of the opponent. On August 9 bombardment began. Out of date fortress guns could not cause a great harm to allied fleet. Bombardment proceeded three days. There were big losses among garrison and vast destructions in the fortress.

                        Finnish
                        "A combined Anglo-French fleet bombarded Viapori for two days in August 1855, and Viapori sustained heavy damage in the bombardment."
                        "an Anglo-French fleet was able to bombard the fortress without interruption during the Crimean War in 1855 causing severe damage."
                        And where does it comes from ?



                        Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                        Russian Empire – 450,125 casualties

                        British Empire – 22,182

                        French Empire – 95,615

                        Ottoman Empire – 45,400

                        Kingdom of Sardinia – 2,166

                        How could Russia lose more men than participated in the fighting ? Russian losses are around 170 000. Ottoman losses should be much bigger.

                        Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                        Assaults are usually bloody affairs. In the event disease, exposure and malnutrition killed far more soldiers than would have occurred in a rapid assault on the underprepared fortress.

                        The 1856 Baltic Expedition was the British going for something without the French. A no-mucking about strategy straight at the Russian jugular, using all their technological and materiel superiority,

                        The British Prime Minister's ambitions were even greater than that. Foment rebellion amongst the subject peoples in the Russian Empire and form a Grand Coalition to pick whatever they wanted from the Russian carcass.
                        Fortunately for your lot Britain was a democracy even back then.
                        What materiel superiority ? They were unable to after several days because their guns were breaking apart. The protections from armored vessels were failing. British had no chances to make a rebellion or something like that. Poles could be the only problem but htey would be crushed in the usual way since the bulk of Russian army was in the region. No major city of Russian Empire was at risk of an attack. What happened in reality was the rebellion in British India the next year. So Britain was much more at risk than Russia. The only thing that British were able to demonstrate during this war is only their impotency. Sadly Nicholas I dided too soon and didn't continued the war until victory.
                        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                          Those figures from the Russian archives?

                          The supply and sanitation system for the Allies in the Crimea was terrible, but the Russian system was worse.

                          What materiel superiority ? They were unable to after several days because their guns were breaking apart. The protections from armored vessels were failing.
                          "The British Baltic Fleet for 1856 would consist of 240 naval vessels, including 24 battleships, 37 cruisers, 4 floating batteries, 120 gunboats, 50 mortar vessels, and 5 auxiliaries"

                          New mortars were introduced and the British were planning on fighting at closer range than at Sveaborg.

                          British had no chances to make a rebellion or something like that. Poles could be the only problem but htey would be crushed in the usual way since the bulk of Russian army was in the region.
                          "A Kiev cossack revolt that began in the Vasylkiv county of Kiev Governorate (province) in February 1855 spread across the whole Kiev and Chernigov governorates.[58] Led by peasants, the revolt found great support among the Ukrainian landowners who opposed the war.[59] The events were contemporary with the popular movement of Ch³opomania that laid the foundations of the Ukrainian national awakening[60] and the creation of the Kiev Hromada (Kiev Community)"

                          So Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, probably Finland and the muslims who only needed British Gold to get going.
                          If Britain was serious the Polish et al would soon find themselves equipped with Rifles, against Russians with muskets.


                          No major city of Russian Empire was at risk of an attack.
                          The capital, St Petersburg, was.

                          What happened in reality was the rebellion in British India the next year.
                          And the Russians didn't fight any better than the Indian Rebels.

                          So Britain was much more at risk than Russia. The only thing that British were able to demonstrate during this war is only their impotency. Sadly Nicholas I dided too soon and didn't continued the war until victory.
                          Yeah sure

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gooner View Post

                            Those figures from the Russian archives?
                            So you took the info from your butt. Great.

                            Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                            The supply and sanitation system for the Allies in the Crimea was terrible, but the Russian system was worse.
                            The Russian losses from sanitation in Crimea are of around 135 000 dead from disease. 16 000 more from wounds.

                            Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                            "The British Baltic Fleet for 1856 would consist of 240 naval vessels, including 24 battleships, 37 cruisers, 4 floating batteries, 120 gunboats, 50 mortar vessels, and 5 auxiliaries"

                            New mortars were introduced and the British were planning on fighting at closer range than at Sveaborg.
                            Great fro Russian coastal artillery then. But to get at closer range British would need o get past the rocks and other sea hazards. They and French tried this the previous years. It was a a failure.


                            Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                            So Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, probably Finland and the muslims who only needed British Gold to get going.
                            If Britain was serious the Polish et al would soon find themselves equipped with Rifles, against Russians with muskets.
                            And how will they get this gold and the rifles ? Who will organise and train them ? Just some more trophies for Russia. The fact stay that British were unable to do anything in 1854-55. Paysan revolts weren't a big problem either. So all of this stays pure imagination again taking from your butt.


                            Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                            The capital, St Petersburg, was.
                            Nope. It was one of best defended places i nthe world.


                            Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                            And the Russians didn't fight any better than the Indian Rebels.
                            And because of this three Empires with including the two most developped in the world, with an immense combined navy, they needed one year to take half of a city. It's ridiculous.

                            Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                            Yeah sure
                            Yeah sure. The only records of British in this war is burning a wooden church and making some pirate-styled raids before getting a rebellion in India. Great record.
                            There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Emtos View Post

                              The Russian losses from sanitation in Crimea are of around 135 000 dead from disease. 16 000 more from wounds.
                              Russian dead:
                              35,671 killed in action
                              37,454 died of wounds
                              377,000 died from non-combat causes
                              Clodfelter, M. (2017). Warfare and Armed Conflicts: A Statistical Encyclopedia of Casualty and Other Figures, 1492-2015

                              Great fro Russian coastal artillery then. But to get at closer range British would need o get past the rocks and other sea hazards. They and French tried this the previous years. It was a a failure.
                              Meh, the British had learned and their fleet was so vast a few losses wouldn't hurt.

                              And how will they get this gold and the rifles ? Who will organise and train them ?
                              Via a port or Prussia. Russia had lost their trained army, I'd back the Polish patriots with rifles against untrained Russian serfs anyday
                              " The Ottoman, British and French governments would have desired a more crushing defeat for the Russian Empire; however, the defeat left Russia crippled in many key areas. The Russians had lost over 500,000 troops and knew that pressing further militarily with their untrained army they would cost even more lives."
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Paris_(1856)

                              Just some more trophies for Russia. The fact stay that British were unable to do anything in 1854-55. Paysan revolts weren't a big problem either.
                              Sure, Russia left her trophies from the war all over the place

                              2497688_5dd903a6.jpg

                              https://www.google.com/search?client...q8wRmY#imgrc=_

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Gooner View Post

                                Russian dead:
                                Статистика показывает, что всего за период с начала военных действий в Крыму и до 1 мая 1856 г. в госпитали и лазареты Крымской и Южной армий общей численностью более 300000 человек, поступило 822025 больных и 83773 раненых воинских чинов, из которых умерло соответственно 134542 и 15971 человек.

                                КиберЛенинка: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/me...rymskuyu-voynu

                                134 542 died from disease and 15 971 from wounds. As I said before, stop taking things from your butt.

                                Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                                Meh, the British had learned and their fleet was so vast a few losses wouldn't hurt.
                                British fleet was scared to attack any Russian stronghold. A few losses would be fatal to the morale.

                                Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                                Via a port or Prussia. Russia had lost their trained army, I'd back the Polish patriots with rifles against untrained Russian serfs anyday
                                And Russians will enter stuff by Prussian border ? Lol.
                                Polish patriots were already crushed multiple times by Russian cerfs. And what rifles are you talking about ? There was few of them and they were not better than Russian muskets.


                                There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X