Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you so interested in another country's politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

90% of us feel that way at one time or another.
    The other 10% are ego-maniacs.

And as for the rest of the world's interest, maybe I am a typical American (and the opposite of a Russian) in that it creeps me out, more than a little.
    No joke, it is a little like being a nation in a fishbowl, with everyone looking in.
    Every day, it seems that this world leaves fewer and fewer options for people who just want to be left alone.
    Most are liberal shits that want globalization which is vile in my opinion. They are anarchists that need to be informed to plot the next attack.

Leave a comment:

• Gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

And as for the rest of the world's interest, maybe I am a typical American (and the opposite of a Russian) in that it creeps me out, more than a little.
    No joke, it is a little like being a nation in a fishbowl, with everyone looking in.
    Every day, it seems that this world leaves fewer and fewer options for people who just want to be left alone.

"There is only one thing on the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    They have meaningless lives.
    90% of us feel that way at one time or another.
    The other 10% are ego-maniacs.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    They have meaningless lives.

Leave a comment:

• Emtos
    replied
    Slick has another hard time to understand how things work in rest of the world...

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
    To be fair though there is always an interest in American politics simply because you're one of the biggest economyies in the world. If America sneezes we all catch a cold.
    Is it that simple though? Of course there's a lot of interconnectedness, today moreso than ever, but does every little blip in the US cause ripples in the UK or Europe? And how about those times when it works in reverse? Late-'90s default in Russia and the Asian Tiger currency crisis were not DC's or Motown's or Wall Street's doing. Maybe you blokes should be broadening your gaze.

Or perhaps you don't think that your politics suck enough. Case in point:

History will be out on Trump as to him being a good president or a bad one. Sometimes you need someone to stir things up. Whether now is one of those times is going to fill masses of bookshelves in a thousand libraries.
    Like as not they'll Gordon Brown his a$$.

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    To be fair though there is always an interest in American politics simply because you're one of the biggest economyies in the world. If America sneezes we all catch a cold.

History will be out on Trump as to him being a good president or a bad one. Sometimes you need someone to stir things up. Whether now is one of those times is going to fill masses of bookshelves in a thousand libraries.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

My thoughts as well!
    Didn't you vote for the status quo with Cruz. SOS.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    The British media want world politics to be working in the way they think it ought to be working. The facts of Brexit in the UK and the US electing Trump run exactly opposite of how they belive the world should be working and are extremely upsetting to them and they are desperate to find any sign no matter how faint that the last year has been a demented nightmare and things are going to get back to what they would class as normal.
    My thoughts as well!

Leave a comment:

• Karri
    replied
    Originally posted by Gooner View Post

And that's why you all watch the Kardashians

The fact is that for a lot of people the USA is just more interesting than their own countries and neighbours.
    Nah, for that we have the crazy brexit people. Never know what those goofballs are up to.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Saw Mr Warmth once, at Foxwoods in Connecticut. Funny as hell. Much funnier than The Donald.

Damn John. Now you've got me waxing all nostalgic for all those great comics who did Johnny Carson when I was a kid. For Don Rickles my folks let me stay up late. Another one missed is Buddy Hackett. His nose hair bit still puts me in stitches.
    So many other great ones gone. How did we live without the Swamp People, Pawn Shops, Duck Dyaansty

and other great present day hit such a NJ House Wives and the #1 The Carddshians. Gesh, I could rather suffer through the Lawrence Welk Show

Something else, when did the word F>U>C>K become OK everyday language?

FKn vulgar as Trump

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Like Don Rickles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFJgDtDupJg

Butt Trump isn't funny nor amusing.
    Saw Mr Warmth once, at Foxwoods in Connecticut. Funny as hell. Much funnier than The Donald.

Damn John. Now you've got me waxing all nostalgic for all those great comics who did Johnny Carson when I was a kid. For Don Rickles my folks let me stay up late. Another one missed is Buddy Hackett. His nose hair bit still puts me in stitches.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

There's that, plus the fact that ,like him or not, Mr Trump has great entertainment value.
    Like Don Rickles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFJgDtDupJg

Butt Trump isn't funny nor amusing.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    ^ Once, to Norway. Had me some fun in Norway.

Leave a comment:

• Gooner
    replied
    You've never been to Scandihoovia.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X