Ten shot in UK Rampage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

The root cause of crime is the willingness of people to commit crimes .
    Spending money on rehab is wasting money .
    Another bullwacky from you!

https://www.cato.org/publications/po...ce-root-causes
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Knowledge is not the beginning of wisdom .If it was, there would be no need for police .
      Well as the Jews say,

A wise person is hungry for knowledge,
      while the fool feeds on trash

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

You said that education is the great equaliser, and you are wrong .
        Given the nature and substance of your posts I find your comment deeply ironic.

Knowledge is not the beginning of wisdom .If it was, there would be no need for police .
        So no wise people commit crimes?

The root cause of crime is the willingness of people to commit crimes .
        Spending money on rehab is wasting money .
        So nobody commits crime because they are an addict and have a compulsion to feed their addiction? I think you’ll find just about everyone who works in crime and addiction disagrees with you.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

I've got a mate who's a career burglar. His job is nicking teles, dvds computers, and wotnot. He then goes round the boozers selling these treasures to honest people for next to nowt. A kind of modern day Robin Hood if you will?
          Not really, last Crimbo he did five houses on one street, finding the booze in the last one and falling asleep till Plod arrived and captured him. Straight on remand for both Crimbo and New Year. When questioned as to why he had just sat there waiting to be nicked, he told Plod... 'All my real mates are in the nick, and I knew I'd get a proper Christmas dinner!'
          I'd love one of them tree-hugging liberal minded do-gooders to explain to me how you rehabilitate a brayn dead moron of that calibre!!!???
          The long toll of the brave
          Is not lost in darkness
          Over the fruitful earth
          And athwart the seas
          Hath passed the light of noble deeds
          Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
            (…)
            I'd love one of them tree-hugging liberal minded do-gooders to explain to me how you rehabilitate a brayn dead moron of that calibre!!!???
            Hold him in your arms and softly rock him to sleep, while gently whispering in his ear,

"...DVDs are old news, nick tablets and smartphones.…."
            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Using Rinos as argument will not convince me .

Comment

I can't... the poor misguided soul's doing a two stretch!

The long toll of the brave
                Is not lost in darkness
                Over the fruitful earth
                And athwart the seas
                Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

Given the nature and substance of your posts I find your comment deeply ironic.

So no wise people commit crimes?

So nobody commits crime because they are an addict and have a compulsion to feed their addiction? I think you’ll find just about everyone who works in crime and addiction disagrees with you.
                  People are responsible for their addictions, thus no excuses .They have all opportunities, paid by the taxpayer, to be delivered from their addiction .Addiction is not an excuse for committing crime.

Comment

The Cato Institute (which is the Koch Brothers ) is collaborating with The Center for American Progress (which is Soros ) in its war against the American people ,by trying to reform the American Prison System (which means the liberation of murderers,rapists, etc , to restart their rapes and murders ),by opening the borders for millions more of illegal immigrants and for more foreign products to enter the US ).
                    The Cato Institute has joined Deep State .

Comment

Is one shot fired a rampage?
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Only according to the Daily Mail.

The fabled British phlegmatism is not wasted on the tabloids, apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                          Is one shot fired a rampage?
                          It was 2 shots (likely a sawn-off shotgun) and clearly 9 of the victims were (to use that lovely euphemism invented by the West to sanatise their civilian killings) 'collateral damage'
                          So whilst the tabloid headline '10 Shot' is strictly accurate it gives a distorted view of what actually occurred.
                          In my opinion this story got legs way before the facts were known and those looking to blame 'Moslems' for every evil act leapt on it because they believed it was a 'terror' attack. They really really wanted that version to be true and the way they have backed away from their initial wild claims in this thread is confirmation of that.
                          Last edited by m kenny; 14 Aug 18, 07:10.

Comment

That and the NRA narrative of course,

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                            Wait a minute? Wasn't the general population completely disarmed when WW2 ended in a country where even the common kitchen knife is being made illegal ?
                            ...America given this latest example of violence using a gun clearly shows the failure of gun control and the coddling of the criminal element.
                            Please, someone do the OP a favour and whine a bit about this flagrant infraction of your God given rights, the Brits inabilty to own a shotgun and defend yourself from such rampages, blablabla,

will you…
                            Last edited by Snowygerry; 14 Aug 18, 07:25.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              As for your graph, it is disingenuous.
                              No, it isn't. This graph is a comparison of otherwise very similar societies. That is what comparisons are all about: eliminate as much differences as possible and what you get is a clearer view on the diffences remaining.
                              You're the disingenuous one by bringing in countries that are vastly different from 1st world countries.

Similar goes for the nonsense remark that many US murders are gang related and therefor really shouldn'd be counted.

A murder is a murder is a murder.

The UK has a vastly better record than the USA.

Crap, typing on a smart pjone is hell.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                                No, it isn't. This graph is a comparison of otherwise very similar societies. That is what comparisons are all about: eliminate as much differences as possible and what you get is a clearer view on the diffences remaining.
                                You're the disingenuous one by bringing in countries that are vastly different from 1st world countries.

Similar goes for the nonsense remark that many US murders are gang related and therefor really shouldn'd be counted.

A murder is a murder is a murder.

The UK has a vastly better record than the USA.

Crap, typing on a smart pjone is hell.

So, countries like Lithuania, Poland, Russia, South Africa, or Argentina aren't the equals of the US or Europe? Nice to know.

The gang remark is accurate. California, Illinois, and Texas are the three highest states for murders. Much of that is related to Hispanic gangs like the Surenos, Nortanios, and MS 13 in California and Texas while Black gangs dominate in Illinois. Gang related violence is crime on crime versus a crime against a person who is not also involved in criminal activity.

This is the problem in the Chicago area:

The city is overrun with serious, active gang activity. That's why their murder rate is insanely high.

So, there is a difference when two groups of criminals are vying for power or control versus someone being murdered who is not engaged in a criminal act.

Aside from that, the UK and US have very similar overall rates of violent crime. It's just in the UK far less of it involves a firearm. There's little difference between being shot and robbed and being stabbed and robbed, or being beaten senseless and robbed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X