Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Really, project much lately?
    Projecting from the posts and opinions of our US members. You disagree?

I'm not afraid of being murdered in my own home, nor do I have any need to freeze like an icicle every time a cop is in sight to make sure I don't get shot accidentally.
    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Really, project much lately?
      There were 2 people in a car that got stopped by the Police. A man and a young woman driver. It was a routine stop and the young woman got very chatty with the police, even did a bit of flirting. She laughed and joked and never once felt any fear. The cops let them go and she drove away. Then she noticed her male companion was not looking too pleased with her. She asked him what the problem was and he said she was insane to back-chat and ask the policeman what they had stopped them for. He himself had been stopped when driving and it always made him nervous. Several of his friends had bad experiences during traffic stops and ended up in serious trouble. He himself said he feared he might be shot during one of these stops.
      What could have made 2 people in the exact same situation have totally different expectations?
      The woman was white and the man was black.

There is a moral in there for those who want to see it. I saw film of the 2 people recount their versions of the stop. The white woman was shocked that she had no idea how non-whites would fear something she thought so trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by m kenny View Post

Just as if you have no right to claim others are 'less safe' than you because they live in a society where being in mortal fear of your neighbours is not the norm.

This seems to be a most popular business in the UK, a country where it seems you are not allowed to protect yourself or your loved ones from a home invasion. Any idea why?
        https://henleyssecuritydoors.co.uk/safe-rooms/
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

This seems to be a most popular business in the UK, a country where it seems you are not allowed to protect yourself or your loved ones from a home invasion. Any idea why?
          A business in the Fear Industry is hardly the most reliable of sources.
          I can only speak as someone who can walk down any street in my town at any time and not for a moment think someone is going to stab or shoot me.
          When a Policeman approaches me it never for a second crosses my mind he might shoot me.
          I simply do not live my life as if my every moment is my last.

UK, a country where it seems you are not allowed to protect yourself or your loved ones from a home invasion. Any idea why?
          Complete and utter fiction. You simply do not have the slightest clue about conditions in the UK. Do people in the US actually believe this rubbish?

Comment

I want to see a large trestle table with huge Bowie-bladed knives set up all around these neighbourhoods, where the gangs can take their choice of blade and cull each other with impunity and without fear of arrest.
            Unless they start on the innocent, I say em!
            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
            All human ills he can subdue,
            Or with a bauble or medal
            Can win mans heart for you;
            And many a blessing know to stew
            To make a megloamaniac bright;
            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by m kenny View Post

Just as if you have no right to claim others are 'less safe' than you because they live in a society where being in mortal fear of your neighbours is not the norm.

I get that impression from many posters here.

I was working it out over the weekend; I’ve been in 19 US States over 32 visits there and spend more than 6 months there in the last 20 years.
              While over there I’ve never felt afraid and I never wished I had a gun. Do Americans need less guns and more backbone?

I’ve never feared being shot or attacked in Ireland or the UK. We don’t fear our police. We respect them but regard them as just fellow citizens doing their job.
              "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
              validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Fear is the beginning of wisdom : you can't trust anyone,because everyone can be a serial murder/terrorist, etc...History has proven that,if fear of punishment disappears, the door of hell is opened .

Comment

That violence occurs in places where the law abiding are forbidden from owning a gun, such as Chicago
                  BULL...Orlando, Vegas, Sulfur Springs, Sandy Hook and, and, and. Blind man! Or are you a Jones follower, all fake actors. ssheees.

Another out of contact with reality post. BS

History has proven that,if fear of punishment disappears, the door of hell is opened .
                  The US is one of the few country's that still has capital punishment and still our murdered rate is
                  high and we have the highest prison population in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                    Fear is the beginning of wisdom : you can't trust anyone,because everyone can be a serial murder/terrorist, etc...History has proven that,if fear of punishment disappears, the door of hell is opened .
                    Wow, that explains a lot.

"Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom", is the full quote in fact.

Proverbs 1:7.

https://biblehub.com/proverbs/9-10.htm
                      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                        "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom", is the full quote in fact.

Proverbs 1:7.

https://biblehub.com/proverbs/9-10.htm
                        And when people resort to bronze age fables to back up their argument you know they are on weak ground.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

And when people resort to bronze age fables to back up their argument you know they are on weak ground.
                          Then the people get swallowed up by a whale and gets turned to salt. Got to believe, got to believe. Don't forget beating your slave, that's ok as well.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                            Wow, that explains a lot.
                            Continue to close your eyes ,but the facts are what they are ;take the US (but Europe,etc,are not better ):
                            18% of American women are known to have been raped,but only 16 % of all rapes are reported to Law Enforcement .
                            16 % of the boys and 25 % of the girls will be raped /sexually assaulted before they will be 18 .
                            Must I continue ?
                            And in England and Wales every year more than 500000 women and 138000 men are raped /sexually assaulted .
                            But ,feel free to continue to proclaim that it is not needed that the public must fear police.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              BULL...Orlando, Vegas, Sulfur Springs, Sandy Hook and, and, and. Blind man! Or are you a Jones follower, all fake actors. ssheees.

Another out of contact with reality post. BS

The US is one of the few country's that still has capital punishment and still our murdered rate is
                              high and we have the highest prison population in the world.
                              John, Just what do you think the problem is in Chicago? What would be your solution?
                              https://abc7chicago.com/tag/chicago-shooting/

Where do you get the idea that the us is executing criminals on a regular basis? Only a couple of states still have the death sentence on their books and even then, carrying out such a sentence rarely occurs even after a long drawn out multi million dollar appeals funded by the taxpayers that can last as long as 20 years.

What is your solution to the high prison population where the majority of those serving time in there mostly for drug related crimes are often Blacks and Latinos.
                              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

John, Just what do you think the problem is in Chicago? What would be your solution?
                                https://abc7chicago.com/tag/chicago-shooting/

Where do you get the idea that the us is executing criminals on a regular basis? Only a couple of states still have the death sentence on their books and even then, carrying out such a sentence rarely occurs even after a long drawn out multi million dollar appeals funded by the taxpayers that can last as long as 20 years. Executions are so rare that they become front page fake news media stories containing the usual protests.

What is your solution to the high prison population where the majority of those serving time in there mostly for drug related crimes are often Blacks and Latinos.
                                “Breaking News,”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X