Ten shot in UK Rampage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Controversial in the sense of being possibly Muslim, a recent immigrant, or favored minority.
    Muslim gunman at a Caribbean Carnival?

This is almost as funny as the not so-funny examples of Sikhs being attacked for being 'Muslims'

https://www.smh.com.au/world/america...29-glw1oz.html

Comment

Controversial in the sense of being possibly Muslim, a recent immigrant, or favored minority.

As for your graph, it is disingenuous.

Murder rates have to do with far more than access to firearms or weapons. For example, much of the US murder rate is gang and criminal related.
      Murder is murder is murder. The plain fact is having more guns mean more gun deaths.
      If i were defending the indefensible I could also say 'most' UK murders are gang related. The numbers are directly comparable and the threat of murder is far far greater in the USA than in the UK.

Last edited by m kenny; 12 Aug 18, 16:00.

Comment

Also having a chance to defend yourself rather than hoping the cops show up in time to save your life.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          Also having a chance to defend yourself rather than hoping the cops show up in time to save your life.
          Or the 'cops' turn up in time and shoot you in the face when you approach their car to tell them where the prowler you reported was............
          or turn up and shoot dead your 12 year old son because he has a toy gun..........

In all my years have never ever feared for my life and thus I have no need for an arsenal of weapons. I am thus less equipped than your average Rambo to shoot my neighbour dead over a petty dispute about a dog http://www.kctv5.com/story/15306611/...es-at-hospital

Comment

Originally posted by m kenny View Post

Murder is murder is murder. The plain fact is having more guns mean more gun deaths.
            If i were defending the indefensible I could also say 'most' UK murders are gang related. The numbers are directly comparable and the threat of murder is far far greater in the USA than in the UK.
            But, having no guns doesn't mean you necessarily will get less crime or murder. It just changes the weapon of choice or method.

Comment

This subject we'll never agree upon. I have the right to possess firearms. I will exercise that right and own firearms. You don't have the right to hinder me or a couple hundred million other law abiding citizens...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

This subject we'll never agree upon. I have the right to possess firearms. I will exercise that right and own firearms. You don't have the right to hinder me or a couple hundred million other law abiding citizens...
                Just as if you have no right to claim others are 'less safe' than you because they live in a society where being in mortal fear of your neighbours is not the norm.

Comment

But, having no guns doesn't mean you necessarily will get less crime or murder. It just changes the weapon of choice or method.
                  Check a couple of those those 'How Others See you' surveys. One of the top complaints about Americans is they are 'agressive/ more violent'. Now everything is relative and you can find more violent countries but on any comparison with developed western nations America is the outlier

Comment

Just as if you have no right to claim others are 'less safe' than you because they live in a society where being in mortal fear of your neighbours is not the norm.

Who lives in mortal fear? I know my neighbors are armed as they know I'm armed. Seems to me it's the crooks who are terrified to try to break in.
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Who lives in mortal fear? I know my neighbors are armed as they know I'm armed. Seems to me it's the crooks who are terrified to try to break in.
                      So no burglars in the USA?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-by-state/

Comment

Check a couple of those those 'How Others See you' surveys. One of the top complaints about Americans is they are 'agressive/ more violent'. Now everything is relative and you can find more violent countries but on any comparison with developed western nations America is the outlier
                        Yea for US!

Comment

Who lives in mortal fear?
                          If you believe you need a gun it must be for a reason.

You said earlier you need a gun :

'to defend yourself'

If you need a defence it implies you are in fear of an attack

To defend yourself against what?
                          Maurauding wasps?
                          Next doors barking dog?
                          Someone trying to take your parking spot?

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...eis-mcglockton

Any incident that needs a gun to resolve it is to be feared.

Anything that is resolved at gunpoint is fear-inducing.

Comment

Who lives in mortal fear?
                            Indeed, and of whom. You are afraid of both your criminals and your cops, me neither.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

If you believe you need a gun it must be for a reason.

You said earlier you need a gun :

'to defend yourself'

If you need a defence it implies you are in fear of an attack

To defend yourself against what?
                              Maurauding wasps?
                              Next doors barking dog?
                              Someone trying to take your parking spot?

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...eis-mcglockton

Any incident that needs a gun to resolve it is to be feared.

Anything that is resolved at gunpoint is fear-inducing.

Man you just don't understand rural living, I can't see a neighbors house from where I live. Occasionally I hear some target practice.
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post

Indeed, and of whom. You are afraid of both your criminals and your cops, me neither.
                                Really, project much lately?
                                Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X