Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ten shot in UK Rampage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ten shot in UK Rampage

    Wait a minute? Wasn't the general population completely disarmed when WW2 ended in a country where even the common kitchen knife is being made illegal?

    If you can get by the blaring ads and other BS that want to force you to accept all of their cookies and malware.
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ngland-uk-news

    A far less annoying link;
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...chester-police

    BTY, the gunman, and a motive, is currently unknown.

    Granted, this is an event that happened in the UK, the topic could be considered relevant for North America given this latest example of violence using a gun clearly shows the failure of gun control and the coddling of the criminal element.
    “Breaking News,”

    “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

  • #2
    I proves that the old maxims are correct :
    the more weapons (divided fairly ) ,the less crimes .
    a hanging a day,keeps the criminal away .

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
      Wait a minute? Wasn't the general population completely disarmed when WW2 ended in a country where even the common kitchen knife is being made illegal?



      BTY, the gunman, and a motive, is currently unknown.

      .
      1 Such a knife is not illegal for everyone

      2 I suspect that the official version will be that the gunman had mental problems, because he lost his kitchen knife .

      Comment


      • #4
        Apparently nine out of the ten victims have minor pellet wounds. There is one man who has serious leg wounds. The shooting took place at a street party. It's beginning to sound like a gang related revenge or punishment attack on one man with a shot gun with a fair mount of collateral injuries to bystanders. Moss Side has long had a bad reputation for gang culture and feuds.
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

        Comment


        • #5
          If it was in US there would be much more deaths.
          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
            Granted, this is an event that happened in the UK, the topic could be considered relevant for North America given this latest example of violence using a gun clearly shows the failure of gun control and the coddling of the criminal element.
            And all the violence in USA proves that your system is working. How silly you are.
            Wisdom is personal

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Karri View Post

              And all the violence in USA proves that your system is working. How silly you are.
              You forget one important fact, That violence occurs in places where the law abiding are forbidden from owning a gun, such as Chicago, or legally taking one into a school or other public place. In the rest of the country, it is almost non existence or is that rare case of self defense by a home owner against some intruder that is high on drugs or breaking in with evil intent where a elderly woman is the only one home.

              And, there remains the problems of knives and hammers being used for criminal activity in addition to the illegally obtained gun.
              something that often gets plea bargained away when a criminal actually gets prosecuted for a crime. Local example, probation for the careless discharge of a firearm from a moving vehicle.
              “Breaking News,”

              “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Karri View Post

                And all the violence in USA proves that your system is working. How silly you are.
                Something seems to be working or changing as handgun related deaths have dropped by a third in the last 25 years.
                http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...rate-edges-up/

                If we take out gang and drug shootings it would probably be much lower.

                Violence has spiked upwards in the last couple years, but that is unrelated to our "system".
                Our "system" is based on recognition of individual rights.
                It seems to work overall.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                  1 Such a knife is not illegal for everyone

                  2 I suspect that the official version will be that the gunman had mental problems, because he lost his kitchen knife .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would note there's silence on the description of the shooter. Almost certainly a minority who is controversial shall we say...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

                      You forget one important fact, That violence occurs in places where the law abiding are forbidden from owning a gun, such as Chicago, or legally taking one into a school or other public place. In the rest of the country, it is almost non existence or is that rare case of self defense by a home owner against some intruder that is high on drugs or breaking in with evil intent where a elderly woman is the only one home.

                      And, there remains the problems of knives and hammers being used for criminal activity in addition to the illegally obtained gun.
                      something that often gets plea bargained away when a criminal actually gets prosecuted for a crime. Local example, probation for the careless discharge of a firearm from a moving vehicle.
                      The latest 20 Chicago shootings...

                      https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=spartanntp

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Whats the current total deathrate due to criminal violence in the USA vs current total deathrate due to criminal violence in the UK?
                        Whats the current deathrate in the USA due to guns vs the current deathrate in the UK due to guns?
                        Whats the current deathrate in the USA due to knives vs the current deathrate in the UK due to knives?

                        Yeah, the UK needs lots and lots of more guns because obviously the UK have a far worse death rate due to violence than the US.
                        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            I would note there's silence on the description of the shooter. Almost certainly a minority who is controversial shall we say...
                            'Controversial' in what way?
                            Can you expand on the bigger controversy that applies to this 'minority'?


                            Anyway this graph shows how much safer you are in a country where 'guns prevent crime'


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by m kenny View Post

                              'Controversial' in what way?
                              Can you expand on the bigger controversy that applies to this 'minority'?


                              Anyway this graph shows how much safer you are in a country where 'guns prevent crime'

                              Controversial in the sense of being possibly Muslim, a recent immigrant, or favored minority.

                              As for your graph, it is disingenuous.



                              Murder rates have to do with far more than access to firearms or weapons. For example, much of the US murder rate is gang and criminal related.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X