Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
    I think that the EU should give the UK a 3 year extension so that they can agree on the wording of a new referendum. Then another 1 year to discuss the result. Then, if the result is to leave, a further 3 to 5 years to negotiate the new Brexit.
    By then Corbyn and May will be gone and, hopefully the blustering cowardly mop-headed windbag and snivelling character from the nightmare of a Victorian child will also be gone.
    Translation : I want a new referendum,because I lost the first referendum , and if I lose the second referendum, I will demand a third, a fourth,etc .
    The new democracy .

Comment

• He's The People.

If he wants a referendum, he should have one, or two, or a dozen.

If not he'll be crying about Deep State trampling all over his rights
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Translation : I want a new referendum,because I lost the first referendum , and if I lose the second referendum, I will demand a third, a fourth,etc .
        The new democracy .
        Nothing to do with me. I'm Irish. I'm just enjoying the show.
        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
          I think that the EU should give the UK a 3 year extension so that they can agree on the wording of a new referendum. Then another 1 year to discuss the result. Then, if the result is to leave, a further 3 to 5 years to negotiate the new Brexit.
          By then Corbyn and May will be gone and, hopefully the blustering cowardly mop-headed windbag and snivelling character from the nightmare of a Victorian child will also be gone.
          I said the something a few months ago..................I think the idea is to milk this thing for a few more years then declare it was all a mistake and they (the Brits) didnt really mean it and it was all a joke..............Sad to see a so called democratic society become the laughing stock of Europe...glad I dumped my Brit Passport and no longer claim "Dual Citizenship"....guess my grand kids can apply ...assuming the UK is still in exsistance................

Comment

• Interesting article on the evolution of the Backstop in the Guardian.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Dunno if you can get it abroad but BBC Radio 4 just broadcast in the The Long View series an interesting history comparison between Brexit and the relations between King Offa of Mercia and Charlemagne.

"Jonathan Freedland explores parallels between Brexit and a major dispute between King Offa of Mercia and Charlemagne, King of the Franks in the 790s. In the 790s, King Offa of the English kingdom of Mercia found himself at loggerheads with Charlemagne, King of the Franks on the other side of the Channel. Jonathan and guests examine how the dispute was resolved and explore how the difficulties compare to Britain's relations with the EU in the postwar era. Jonathan is joined by historian Dr Rory Naismith of King's College London and Sir Stephen Wall, former Private Secretary to John Major and former Europe advisor to Tony Blair. Stephen Wall was also Britain's ambassador to the EU in the late 1990s and is the author of an official history of Britain's relations with the European Community 1963-75."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0004f1c

Other episodes in the series

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09x4npz Brexit special. With a year to go before the UK leaves the EU, Jonathan Freedland and guests, including historian David Reynolds, consider multiple historical scenarios.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08k1w6g Trade deals past and present as Jonathan Freedland hears how Elizabeth I and Theresa May look beyond Europe to forge new trading partnerships. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07m50lt The Long View of Brexit, comparing it with the English Reformation. 0 Links

Comment

• Gooner, we have to keep this going until October (at least) so for god's sake pace yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                  Dunno if you can get it abroad but BBC Radio 4 just broadcast in the The Long View series an interesting history comparison between Brexit and the relations between King Offa of Mercia and Charlemagne.

"Jonathan Freedland explores parallels between Brexit and a major dispute between King Offa of Mercia and Charlemagne, King of the Franks in the 790s. In the 790s, King Offa of the English kingdom of Mercia found himself at loggerheads with Charlemagne, King of the Franks on the other side of the Channel. Jonathan and guests examine how the dispute was resolved and explore how the difficulties compare to Britain's relations with the EU in the postwar era. Jonathan is joined by historian Dr Rory Naismith of King's College London and Sir Stephen Wall, former Private Secretary to John Major and former Europe advisor to Tony Blair. Stephen Wall was also Britain's ambassador to the EU in the late 1990s and is the author of an official history of Britain's relations with the European Community 1963-75."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0004f1c

Other episodes in the series

()
                  Interesting - is there a written version ?

I would like to read it, not listen to it...

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                  Gooner, we have to keep this going until October (at least) so for god's sake pace yourself!
                  I think we can conclude that Brexit is now history - someone move this from Current Events to Medieval History if you will
                  High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

I think we can conclude that Brexit is now history - someone move this from Current Events to Medieval History if you will
                    We will see!

‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                    All human ills he can subdue,
                    Or with a bauble or medal
                    Can win mans heart for you;
                    And many a blessing know to stew
                    To make a megloamaniac bright;
                    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

We will see!

No lady with a weight problem has begun to warble as yet.

Comment

• British trucks that do not have proper documentation will not be able to reach France because shipping companies will not allow them to board their ships in Dover. These trucks will be turned back at Dover.
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                          British trucks that do not have proper documentation will not be able to reach France because shipping companies will not allow them to board their ships in Dover. These trucks will be turned back at Dover.
                          It's currently a logistic nightmare in the transportation corridor between the UK and Europe. The temporary ferry program was a joke and was shelved before it even began the service.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikki View Post

It's currently a logistic nightmare in the transportation corridor between the UK and Europe. The temporary ferry program was a joke and was shelved before it even began the service.
                            Was that where they gave the contract to a company with no ferries ?

Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

• Originally posted by the ace View Post

Was that where they gave the contract to a company with no ferries ?
                              Ah yes another coup for Failing Grayling. What appears to have been the case was that this company was acting as a front for an existing ferry company whose bid would have been politically embarrassing but was prepared to lease ferries and crew to the front company
                              Grayling's civil servants appear to have been quite happy to see their minister dropped in the deep doodoo
                              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                                Brussels - London 204 Euro if you want leave now - be there in 2 hours.

That's hardly a logistic nightmare is it ?

https://booking.eurostar.com/be-nl/t...ate=2019-07-17

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X