Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    I generally don't care what is going on in other countries and I really don't care, BUT I don't understand what is going on in the UK right now, the people voted for Brexit, so what's the holdup, sh-t or get off the pot!
    As has been explained umpteen times the problem is a rump of mad far-right loonies who have hijacked the vote and are claiming they (and they alone) should define the terms of Brexit. They want a hard-hard Brexit where they can turn the UK into the Singapore of Europe where they will repeat the failed Regonomics experiment. They know any link to Europe will prevent them from depressing wages, destroying workers rights, removing all food rules (think crappy chlorinated chicken) and dismantaling the social system. It is those nutjobs causing the problems. May has finally given up on these fruitcakes and has turned to Corbyn and Labour to formulate a controlled 'soft' Brexit. This has further enraged the loonies and they are beside themselves with rage because they know they have blown it big-time.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

The EU is determined that this instance of rebellion be punished most severely, and that if the U.K. actually shows some backbone and leaves.... that it be so economically devastated that no other's dare follow.
      The most lucrative political position$ in the world depend on it, as do the Globalist stranglehold on that continent.
      And so we return to La La Land................

https://youtu.be/rEbYGSeJR0Q?t=82

Comment

The EU is determined that this instance of rebellion be punished most severely, and that if the U.K. actually shows some backbone and leaves.... that it be so economically devastated that no other's dare follow.
        The most lucrative political position$ in the world depend on it, as do the Globalist stranglehold on that continent.

Who in the hell is the EU to tell a sovereign Nation what they can or can't do? It's not like the United States where we were under one Constitution, I am fairly sure the UK has their own.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I am fairly sure the UK has their own.
          ...........And you would be wrong

Comment

Who in the hell is the EU to tell a sovereign Nation what they can or can't do? It's not like the United States where we were under one Constitution, I am fairly sure the UK has their own.
            Whenever the EU wants a treaty passed and it fails to get voted in they just rebrand it and keep forcing member countries to vote for what they’re pushing for until it gets passed.
            The EU bureaucracy doesn’t put up with dissent well amongst member countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by m kenny View Post

And so we return to La La Land................

https://youtu.be/rEbYGSeJR0Q?t=82

YouTube?

YOU, of all people turn to YouTube after crying about it time and time and time again!?

Well well, somebody must have learned to read the spoilers.

Now, that clip had to be advanced one minute into it to make it show what you wanted... why not let the whole thing play out? Are you afraid that people won't stick around for a full minute to get the point?
              Not everyone is a member of the short attention-span theater, but maybe your target audience rolls that way.
              BBC..... yup, I guess so.

Comment

• If anyone has the time this thread is worth a read

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qult_Headqu..._husband_to_q/

It shows how these crazy 'Conspiracy-everwhere' beliefs destroy families.

Read all the posts on the forum to see just how crazy these people are.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qult_Headquarters/

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

Whenever the EU wants a treaty passed and it fails to get voted in they just rebrand it and keep forcing member countries to vote for what they’re pushing for until it gets passed.
                  The EU bureaucracy doesn’t put up with dissent well amongst member countries.
                  I say, so screw them, so what are going to do, invade the UK?

Comment

YOU, of all people turn to YouTube after crying about it time and time and time again!?
                    Crying? Crying with laughter at all the nutjobs spewing endless conspiracy theories. Who would be dumb enough to believe all that madness?

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    .. why not let the whole thing play out? Are you afraid that people won't stick around for a full minute to get the point?
                    Not everyone is a member of the short attention-span theater, but maybe your target audience rolls that way.
                    I watch Andrew Neil every week so I had the misfortune to see it 'live'. Alex Jones is a complete loon and anyone who agrees with him is an even bigger loon. I expect makers of incontinence pads are fighting to get their product on the Alex Jones shows and reach their target customers.

Comment

Crying? Crying with laughter at all the nutjobs spewing endless conspiracy theories. Who would be dumb enough to believe all that madness?

I watch Andrew Neil every week so I had the misfortune to see it 'live'. Alex Jones is a complete loon and anyone who agrees with him is an even bigger loon. I expect makers of incontinence pads are fighting to get their product on the Alex Jones shows and reach their target customers.

I havn't kept up with the Brexit thread, except that has gone on forever and probably will be for years, all I am asking that people in the UK, MAKE UP YOURE MINDS!

Comment

I havn't kept up with the Brexit thread, except that has gone on forever and probably will be for years, all I am asking that people in the UK, MAKE UP YOURE MINDS!
                        I don't think it's the voters, but the politicians, who are gumming up the system. Although IIRC, when the vote was taken 2020 was the target date for the last of the connections to part. Getting free of the bureaucratic morass that is the EU is not an easy process.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

all I am asking that people in the UK, MAKE UP YOURE MINDS!
                          'The UK' is slowly discarding all the things they don't want. The 'Hard' Brexit so beloved by the loonies tops the list of unacceptable solutions and was the first to be ditched. The adults have decided to be pragmatic but this served only to further enrage the increasingly unstable childish purists. Now they see the prize slipping from their grasp they talk darkly of 'violence' and 'uprising' Their insane ramblings are peppered with words like 'traitor' and 'sell out'. I fear they, like Greece, have lost their marbles.

The last time the UK was 'making its mind up' it went down a storm in Europe.

https://youtu.be/62SrA5hCmkE?t=46

If you are a dirty old man go straight to the bit you will never forget here:

https://youtu.be/62SrA5hCmkE?t=112

Last edited by m kenny; 07 Apr 19, 21:10.

Comment

Crying? Crying with laughter ....
                            Yeah, sure.
                            But hey, now that you are using it, feel free to join the current century in other ways.

Communism is dead, time to come up with something new and worthwhile.

Comment

Communism is dead, time to come up with something new and worthwhile.
                              No problem for me mate its you who has to find a new name for the bogey-man who lives under your bed.

Comment

Who in the hell is the EU to tell a sovereign Nation what they can or can't do?
                                Not sure if this was sarcasm or not - but in the off chance that it wasn't... The EU is not telling a sovereign nation what they can or can't do. They are only telling what the consequences will be.

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
                                Whenever the EU wants a treaty passed and it fails to get voted in they just rebrand it and keep forcing member countries to vote for what they're pushing for until it gets passed.
                                Well, no. The treaties are amended and further safeguards were placed to alleviate the concerns of the member states who rejected the treaty. Is that not how it is supposed happen? That the member state tells the EU why something can not be accepted and the treaty is amended to find an acceptable solution.
                                The EU bureaucracy doesn't put up with dissent well amongst member countries.
                                The 'EU bureaucracy' can not craft stuff like the treaties in question on a whim. Only the member states themselves can mandate it to do so (and even then only with unanimity). So it ain't quite what you seem to imagine.
                                It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X