No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at the chaos in the House of Commons it is becoming clearer by the day why it took the English 300 years to leave Ireland and in the end they didn't even do it properly.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Their speaker seems to be the only one that's knows what's he doing, the rest just seem to shuffle from left to right at random

And outside it's like EuroDisneyLand on tour - what a mess..
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Brexit fears for British shop owners in Germany

Ryland JAMES
        AFPMarch 31, 2019

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brexit-fe...040451335.html
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Theresa May furious as Scotland boss takes just 90 minutes to leave Europe

alex-mcleish-1.jpg

Theresa May has demanded to know how Scotland managed to exit Europe in only 90 minutes.

The Prime Minister noted with a mixture of envy and fury that Scotland manager Alex McLeish orchestrated an orderly exit by simply losing 3-0 to mighty Kazakhstan in the European Championship qualifier yesterday.

While Mrs May has taken three years to get absolutely nowhere, Mr McLeish sorted it all out in an hour and a half.

If there was any doubt about Scotland's ultimate shut-out from Europe, the team have to play San Marino this weekend. And if that's not tricky enough, it's Cyprus in June.

Political commentator Lorraine Fisher, 34, said: "Brexiteers have looked at Alex McLeish and asked, 'Why isn't he in charge of Brexit?'

"It's clear Britain wouldn't be in this mess if he was. We would have left Europe in no time at all."
          https://www.suffolkgazette.com/sport...and-euro-exit/

Comment

• Bloody Hell ! Brits are still here as I see.
            There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

• "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• As expected,the Establishment refuses to execute the will of the British people .

Comment

• "Rampant Remainers succeeded in ramming an entire Bill through the House of Commons in under 6 hours yesterday – predictably the process was an utter shambles, MPs had no idea which amendments were which, report stage and a third reading debate were entirely skipped and the Bill was so poorly drafted in the first place that Jolyon almost had a meltdown. Mark Francois has been responsible for some fairly fruity outbursts recently but his biblical admonishment last night was on the money:

After the hours of chaos, Yvette Cooper only succeeded in getting her Bill through by a single vote, 313-312. Any number of MPs have been singled out as the guilty party, 20 Tories including 17 former ministers either rebelled or abstained. Literally guilty Fiona Onasanya trapsed through the Aye lobby complete with electronic ankle tag…

Ultimately it changes little, May was always going to seek a longer extension at next week’s European Council in the circumstances anyway. Conspiracy theories that May’s Corbyn pitch is a trap or trick to run down the clock are operating in a parallel universe. Make no mistake, Number 10 is in total chaos and acting purely out of desperation now. May’s long-term strategy was always to trigger an 11th hour crisis in the hope of bouncing MPs – she never for a minute anticipated that it would be so utterly out of her own control…"

https://order-order.com/

Last edited by Gooner; 04 Apr 19, 06:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bow View Post
                    I think the Britexers are in for a rude awakening in the world......your Empire went tits up in 1947 and other smaller countries have departed the so called Commonwealth, so if you think things will be like it was before, dream along.trade treatys are not arranged over night and take many years to arrange....you do not get a first place in the line up when dealing with say, Canada just because you were a member of the Commonwealth ...take a number and wait to be called......if you are dealing with that dick head Trump, no special deal for you in his "America First".....you backed out of paying your portion of EU expenses so you cant be trusted. so what gives you the impression you can just demand trade concessions......Good luck boys you will need it.....to show my disgust with the UK and its stupid decission I have returned my dual citizen (Canadian/British) passport and wont be visiting that sad little island set in a silver sea...

Toulon France..
                    What a sour post, all that hatred has built up, and it finally comes out. You should treat yourself to a good bottle and become a happy drunk; guaranteed you'll feel better in the morning.

In Trump We Trust..
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                      Looking at the chaos in the House of Commons it is becoming clearer by the day why it took the English 300 years to leave Ireland and in the end they didn't even do it properly.
                      I think the observation that NOW, finally, parliament is having the kind of discussion about what Brexit means it should have had three years ago is true.

And the observation is equally true that the EU side early and clearly pointed out the kinds of issues that are involved, and the choices the UK needs to make under the circumstances, and that it is only now that Westminster finally accepts that.

Comment

• Meanwhile....Germans are finding the entire Brexit debacle funnier than Benny Hill.

(satirical news, but I couldn't resist as is could be close to the truth )

https://newsthump.com/2019/04/02/new...nny-hill-show/
                        You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

• Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                          I think the observation that NOW, finally, parliament is having the kind of discussion about what Brexit means it should have had three years ago is true.
                          Yeah, true dat. Whether the UK should be in a customs union and all that should have been debated years ago. The stupd bag May not only decided all out with no debates, she kept all her negotiations secret and wasted time with an unnecessary election where she lost seats.
                          Corbyn is, of course, much worse.

And the observation is equally true that the EU side early and clearly pointed out the kinds of issues that are involved, and the choices the UK needs to make under the circumstances, and that it is only now that Westminster finally accepts that.
                          Oh, don't give into the fantasy that the EU have negotiated with honour and good faith. The fact that the Withdrawal Agreement proved so unacceptable is largely down to the EU. The fact that there is no prospect of renegotiating the Agreement is entirely down to the EU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                            Oh, don't give into the fantasy that the EU have negotiated with honour and good faith. The fact that the Withdrawal Agreement proved so unacceptable is largely down to the EU. The fact that there is no prospect of renegotiating the Agreement is entirely down to the EU.
                            The EU has negotiated in good faith and honor. There just ain't really any room to have special terms for the UK. It is free to pick any of the offered packaged but that is it. You seem to be somehow confusing this with a agreement between equals - it is not. This is very much similar to EU accession talks - but in reverse. The club has its rules and it won't (can't really) be changing those because of new or leaving member. Additional complications come with the issue of the Northern Ireland which contrary to what some in the UK believe can not simply be wished away.

The ordinary folk from the UK were mislead by their own leaders, not by the EU, to believe that they could have everything but that is just not reality. Besides leaving with no-deal would resolve exactly nothing - https://twitter.com/JamesERothwell/s...077692417?s=19 :
                            Barnier today stressing that no deal isn't the end of the process. If/when the UK comes back to table after several months of turmoil, £39bn citizens rights and Irish backstop will be price of admission. Back to where we started, in an even weaker negotiating position.
                            It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

In Trump We Trust..
                              Yep a man who's father was born in Germany and likes comparing apples to origins!

Comment

Working...
                              X