No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw this on another forum's Brexit debate, it's written by a Jerry, proving they have got a sense of humour after all...

“29th March 2019 is going to be amazing! I’m going to wake up in my Union Jack jim-jams to the sound of a squadron of Spitfires racing overhead and leaving a trail of hot buttered crumpets behind them

I’ll run to the corner shop past all the British children who are laughing and squealing with excitement as they make a beautiful statue of the queen out of happy wriggling bulldog puppies – with two corgis for her eyebrows!

Bunting flutters everywhere and the man from the betting shop steps into the street – “Guess what! England just won the World Cup and The Ashes and The Grand National and here’s the best bit – Boris put a bet on it for everyone! you’re all MILLIONAIRES!!!”

The red arrows fly overhead dropping fish and chips as I walk into the corner shop, get my morning paper and go to the counter. “How much please?” I say to the Asian lad there. “1 pence, everything in the whole shop now costs just 1p!” he laughs, “leave it on the counter, I’m off back to Pakistan – we all are!”

And he’s right! Outside in the streets jolly old Nigel Farage is leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners – Turks, Poles, Romanians, Syrians – there’s even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! Nigel’s playing Rule Britannia on a long pipe, rather like the pipe that takes the gas into your oven, and they’re all following and smiling and talking foreign, bless them!

Just then Boris flies overhead in a Concorde made of Bank of England gold – “Don’t worry!” he laughs “I’ve cut out all the bits the French made!” and with that he crashes into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing fkwits who fell for his bullocks."

My Brexit described to perfection!!!

The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
      My Brexit described to perfection!!!
      What's your favorite part about the oncoming Brexit? Is it this part?

Outside in the streets jolly old Nigel Farage is leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners: – Turks, Poles, Romanians, Syrians – there’s even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! Nigel'’s playing Rule Britannia on a long pipe, rather like the pipe that takes the gas into your oven, and they'’re all following and smiling and talking foreign, bless them!
      Or is it this?

Just then Boris flies overhead in a Concorde made of Bank of England gold – “"Don’'t worry!”," he laughs. "“I'’ve cut out all the bits the French made!”" And with that he crashes into the ground at 1,200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing fkwits who fell for his bullocks.

Is it just me, or does patriotism come in some rather strange flavors these days?

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
      The UK political elite are mostly fanatically loyal to the EU. It is the ordinary people who want to leave.
      Whose being fanatical: those who know empirically that a Hard Brexit will prove painful for the UK both economically and politically, or the Hard Brexiteers who fear swarthy-skinned foreigners more than economic depression?
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• I for one don't fear 'swarthy-skinned foreigners'. I just don't like our Septic Isle getting overrun by the bastards.
        The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post

The UK political elite are mostly fanatically loyal to the EU. It is the ordinary people who want to leave.
          Overdue's the operative word regardless then...

Comment

I for one don't fear 'swarthy-skinned foreigners'. I just don't like our Septic Isle getting overrun by the bastards.
            You reap what you sow. Most of your foreigners are there from the counties you invaded, overthrew the governments of, occupied and exploited, i.e. your colonies/commonwealth.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

I for one don't fear 'swarthy-skinned foreigners'. I just don't like our Septic Isle getting overrun by the bastards.
              There's a very easy remedy for that. It's called fcking. You English do know how to fck, don't you?

According these statistics, it appears that Englishmen forgot how. Why is that? After all that time constructively spent in pubs and starting football riots, are Englishmen no longer capable of shooting anything but blanks anymore?
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

You reap what you sow. Most of your foreigners are there from the counties you invaded, overthrew the governments of, occupied and exploited, i.e. your colonies/commonwealth.
                And about which EU has no say about entry in UK or any Member State. Real world is so boring to Brexiters that they simply ignore it

Comment

• wire-11003084-1552596632-269_634x441.jpg

Whenever I see images of the proceedings at Westminster this carnival wagon keeps parading in front - what is it ?

Merkel, May, Juncker ? Who's the fourth ?

"Burn Brexit Burn" ?
                  Last edited by Snowygerry; 15 Mar 19, 03:54.
                  High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                  Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                    wire-11003084-1552596632-269_634x441.jpg

Whenever I see images of the proceedings at Winstminster this carnival wagon keeps parading in front - what is it ?

Merkel, May, Juncker ? Who's the fourth ?

"Burn Brexit Burn" ?
                    That's May, BoJo, Gove and Davies on that float. Where do you get Merkel or Juncker, except in your mind's eye perhaps?

Comment

• Eh - I was guessing, Johnson looks a bit like Merkel don't you think, I figured Juncker just had to be in there

Tnx.
                      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

What's your favorite part about the oncoming Brexit? Is it this part?

Or is it this?

Is it just me, or does patriotism come in some rather strange flavors these days?

Whose being fanatical: those who know empirically that a Hard Brexit will prove painful for the UK both economically and politically, or the Hard Brexiteers who fear swarthy-skinned foreigners more than economic depression?
                        It is not about fearing swarthy skinned foreigners, plenty of Brexit supports are not white, Priti Patel, Cleverly and Kwarteng all spring to mind. It is about self determination and democracy. The right to set our own laws and taxes and determine our own fate.

As for the economy, you shouldn't believe all the propaganda put out by the BBC. We were able to manage our own affairs pretty well for centuries without having to have some drunken Eurocrat to tell us what to do.

As to the opinions of the British population, 52% voted to leave in a high turnout referendum. There is no real indication that this has changed. The margin of leave over remain was more than a million.
                        The EU supporters that you continually see on the BBC are all based in London. The beliefs and views of London residents are very different from those of the rest of the UK. Outside of London the overwhelming vote was to leave whereas in London to was to stay. However from overseas all you will see are those in London as that is where the media are based.

Last edited by Surrey; 15 Mar 19, 03:57.
                        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                          (…)
                          As to the opinions of the British population, 52% voted to leave in a high turnout referendum. There is no real indication that this has changed. The margin of leave over remain was more than a million.
                          The EU supporters that you continually see on the BBC are all based in London. The beliefs and views of London residents are very different from those of the rest of the UK. Outside of London the overwhelming vote was to leave whereas in London to was to stay. However from overseas all you will see are those in London as that is where the media are based.
                          A Belgian reporter was interviewing random Brits in London yesterday, rather than being pro or contra Brexit, they *all* expressed disgust with the handling of the affair by *British politicians*.

There seems to be a more fundamental problem with your political system that in itself has little to do with your membership of the EU.

Your government isn't supported by your parliament and your parliament apparently isn't supported by your electorate..

Comment

A Belgian reporter was interviewing random Brits in London yesterday, rather than being pro or contra Brexit, they *all* expressed disgust with the handling of the affair by *British politicians*.

There seems to be a more fundamental problem with your political system that in itself has little to do with your membership of the EU.
                            Very much so.

It is bizarre. Ministers voted against the government on Tuesday night and were not then immediately fired. More Conservative MPs voted against May than for her last night and yet still she says. Her primary policy, the horrendous Withdrawal Agreement has been crushed twice in Parliament yet she intends to bring it back a third time. A third of Conservative MPs voted against her in a confidence motion in December yet still she stays. Numerous ministers have resigned in disgust at her policies yet still she stays. 80% of Conservative members want her to resign yet still she stays. And Parliament has just agreed to continue this chaos until the end of June at least. She through away a near 20 point lead in the polls against the weakest Labour leader ever in 2017 yet still she stays.

We now need one EU country to save us by blocking an extension to article 50. You owe us, go on do it.

Comment

• She certainly deserves credit for dogged determination - people here are honestly starting to feel sorry for her, surely that can't have been intended.

Never happened to Thatcher for example, not while she was alive at any rate

Comment

She certainly deserves credit for dogged determination - people here are honestly starting to feel sorry for her, surely that can't have been intended.

Never happened to Thatcher for example, not while she was alive at any rate
                                She is more like the villain/monster in a horror movie - they never quite die however many times you knock them down.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X