No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote Hard but Smarter than Felbermayr!

Comment

• Originally posted by BF69 View Post

Aren't you the guy who once boasted about parading around in front of a group of Germans wearing a Spitfire t-shirt?
      Guilty as charged yer 'onner. I lerned my military history from Commando comics. I was hoping the squareheads would react like in the comics...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROf69ovrgdHbnsQlSxNMug58jAglmh8Sly34rytISkbbkACrdGAg.jpg

"AARGHHH!!!"

The long toll of the brave
      Is not lost in darkness
      Over the fruitful earth
      And athwart the seas
      Hath passed the light of noble deeds
      Unquenchable forever.

Comment

• Under a hard but smart Brexit, as long as both sides were smart I doubt if anyone would lose in the long term.
        Except perhaps the greedy Eurocrats in Brussels may not be able to have quite such lavish lifestyles.
        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
          Under a hard but smart Brexit, as long as both sides were smart I doubt if anyone would lose in the long term.
          Except perhaps the greedy Eurocrats in Brussels may not be able to have quite such lavish lifestyles.
          Almost any 'deal' and the EU still loses and loses big. About 15% of GDP and 12.5% of population.
          Probably therefore they have least at stake when it comes to a mutually properous future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post

Almost any 'deal' and the EU still loses and loses big. About 15% of GDP and 12.5% of population.
            Probably therefore they have least at stake when it comes to a mutually properous future.
            Meantime, in this place devoid of any form of interest called real world.... :

“I’m struck, as the British parliament moves towards the endgame on Brexit, with the number of times Australia, Canada, New Zealand and India have been advanced by the Brexiteers in the public debate as magical alternatives to Britain’s current trade and investment relationship with the European Union,” he wrote.

“This is the nuttiest of the many nutty arguments that have emerged from the Land of Hope and Glory set now masquerading as the authentic standard-bearers of British patriotism. It’s utter bollocks.”

Kevin Rudd. Australia former PM.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...utter-bollocks

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ahead of today’s crucial vote in parliament, here’s a reminder of what will come to pass if we don’t stop Brexit. <a href="https://t.co/fcuQC81MCm">pic.twitter.com/fcuQC81MCm</a></p>&mdash; Titania McGrath (@TitaniaMcGrath) <a href="https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/status/1105444677657026566?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">12 March 2019</a></blockquote>
              <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Was watching live reporting from Westminster last night as the vote came to a conclusion.

Quite bizar how both pro and contra Brexit "protesters" outside cheered in equal measure as the result came in.

TM definitely looks as if she's on the edge of a breakdown, nevertheless she kept her wits and managed some good (if futile) replies imho.

Why are there so few seats in British Parliament ?

Anyone here care to speculate on what happens next ?
                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Make sure you have your popcorn, potato chips, chili nuts, or what ever you fancy ready since the Brexit will keep on giving. And beverages, plenty of them, must fight off the dehydration. They are going for the next vote already today!

If i speculate... I would predict that no-deal vote will not pass. That is the House of Commons would reject leaving the EU without a deal. At that point both May's deal and no-deal Brexit would be unacceptable for the HoC. Where to go from there? Have a vote on withdrawing the article 50 letter? It could be done, but might be costly (in political/re-election sense) for some. If the UK is serious with towards to its commitment to the Irish peace process this would be the safest bet. Also there is nothing really preventing the UK from resubmitting its article 50 letter - especially if the situation changes. The point is the EU can not hold the UK in it against the will of the UK, but if it is seen that the UK would have just withdrawn the article 50 letter in bad faith or as a negotiation trick then even in the worst case the result would likely be that the EU would only offer the already negotiated deal.

Trying an extension - not going to happen without some actual plan for resolving the deadlock. Besides if i have understood correctly there ain't enough time for referendum/elections prior to July (i.e. time to which the withdrawal could be extended to) anyway so if it is extended it would likely be for quite a bit longer period than that - it would also mean that the EU would have the EU elections too. However regardless of those things there would still have to be a way to get through the parliamentary paralysis that currently exists - be it new elections, new referendum or something.
                  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

• Guess Mrs Maye shot herself in the foot.....

Comment

• A 'No Deal' Brexit has just been rejected by Parliament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47562995

Comment

• Originally posted by Bow View Post
                        Guess Mrs Maye shot herself in the foot.....
                        She couldn't even get that right eh? Four letter word, wrong letters.
                        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                        All human ills he can subdue,
                        Or with a bauble or medal
                        Can win mans heart for you;
                        And many a blessing know to stew
                        To make a megloamaniac bright;
                        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by m kenny View Post
                          A 'No Deal' Brexit has just been rejected by Parliament.
                          But they rejected everything else too ? Too bad Monty Python retired.

It's like the Knights who say NO...

If you put a corned beef sandwich before the British House I suspect they'd reject that too
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket ?
                            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

• Possibly, eventually by default, where the EU tells the UK to head, since it has no apparent impetus to even get out of the way of that on-coming train it released the breaks on almost three years ago now.

As to why... Downright criminal levels of wishful thinking from the British political elite? Ingrained patterns of refusal to confront reality? While being so privileged as to normally be inured from actual consequences of their actions?

The UK might actually be in need of some kind of revolution here. Sort of... overdue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                                Possibly, eventually by default, where the EU tells the UK to head, since it has no apparent impetus to even get out of the way of that on-coming train it released the breaks on almost three years ago now.

As to why... Downright criminal levels of wishful thinking from the British political elite? Ingrained patterns of refusal to confront reality? While being so privileged as to normally be inured from actual consequences of their actions?

The UK might actually be in need of some kind of revolution here. Sort of... overdue.
                                The UK political elite are mostly fanatically loyal to the EU. It is the ordinary people who want to leave.
                                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X