Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BF69 View Post
    Now I understand why my ancestors spent months at sea in a 30 meter boat packed with 230 people to get as far away from England as they could.
    It's not as if the Judge gave them any choice though ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
      I take it you are impressed by the ability of "The Beast of Barleyamont" to manage career-furthering intrigue inside the labyrinth of the administrative apparatus? Well, we can all be.
      Well yes and the fact that the EU Ombudsman said of Selmayr's appointment "‘Mr Selmayr’s appointment did not follow EU law, in letter or spirit, and did not follow the Commission’s own rules.’"

Which rather contradicts your "The EU has approached it from a legal point of view. Since it's how the EU as an institution operates."

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Richter View Post

Love the way the only bit that generates comment is Ollie banning Crimbo...
        I suppose the rest of the codswallop is just accepted as a given!

I wouldn't worry. There could always be a second one of these

fire2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post

It's not as if the Judge gave them any choice though ...
          Aaawww, there we go again with that unearned superiority complex.

That part of the family were landowners in Somerset and headed for Sth Australia - a colony with no convicts. Smart, brave & tough.
          Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Aaawww, there we go again with that unearned superiority complex.

That part of the family were landowners in Somerset and headed for Sth Australia - a colony with no convicts. Smart, brave & tough.
            Well...
            you would say that...
            wouldn't you?

The long toll of the brave
            Is not lost in darkness
            Over the fruitful earth
            And athwart the seas
            Hath passed the light of noble deeds
            Unquenchable forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Richter View Post

Well...
              you would say that...
              wouldn't you?

Aren't you the guy who once boasted about parading around in front of a group of Germans wearing a Spitfire t-shirt? Then you quote a mass murdering dictator approvingly.

Yeah, definitely the guy to be passing judgement on others.
              Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I don't know the guy personally, but I'm fairly certain that he isn't after your job.
                So, relax.
                And try and grow a sense of humor one of these days.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Aren't you the guy who once boasted about parading around in front of a group of Germans wearing a Spitfire t-shirt? Then you quote a mass murdering dictator approvingly.

So who's the mass murdering dictator?

Oh! Is a Spitfire emblazoned T-shirt akin to a Nazi Swastika arm-band?
                  Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 04 Mar 19, 16:54.
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                    If you say so...

Comment

• Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post

If you say so...
                      I'm asking a question. Notice the '?' ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                        So who's the mass murdering dictator?
                        Oliver Cromwell

Oh dear. How silly.

The reason the story stuck in my mind was that the person telling it seemed to think that wearing a Spitfire t-shirt in front of a group of Germans was some sort of achievement. Why he would think anyone would care was only slightly more odd than the obvious pride he had taken in doing it.

Comment

Oliver Cromwell

Oh dear. How silly.

The reason the story stuck in my mind was that the person telling it seemed to think that wearing a Spitfire t-shirt in front of a group of Germans was some sort of achievement. Why he would think anyone would care was only slightly more odd than the obvious pride he had taken in doing it.

Dumb fk with the t-shirt. Only a Brit can connect that and if he knew what he was talking about it would have been a Hurricane. What's with you Brit's? So many wankers still fighting WWII while the rest of Europe and the World has moved on.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Oliver Cromwell
                            That old carrot eh? Do some research! You can also find discussion of Cromwell in Ireland elsewhere on this site.

Oh dear. How silly.
                            Not for me to judge you!

I'll ask again! Is a Spitfire emblazoned T-shirt akin to a Nazi Swastika arm-band?

The reason the story stuck in my mind was that the person telling it seemed to think that wearing a Spitfire t-shirt in front of a group of Germans was some sort of achievement.
                            No! If he happened to be wearing a T-shirt, so what! That Von thought to feel smug at the situation means what? That he should feel ashamed? That he should have self-flagellated? Nah! He enjoyed the moment and good on him.

Why he would think anyone would care was only slightly more odd than the obvious pride he had taken in doing it.
                            You are clearly one that cares. Perhaps snowflakes should show some pride instead of acting like skulking victims.

Comment

• Vote Hard but Smart!

https://order-order.com/2019/03/06/g...mes-harder-uk/

sector-breakdown.jpg?w=425&ssl=1.jpg 0 Links

Comment

• Die meisten Studien zu den wirtschaftlichen Effekten des Brexit gehen davon und

kommen zu dem Ergebnis, dass der harte Brexit für das UK sehr viel teurer ist als für die

EU. Aber eine solche Strategie wäre für London kaum rational und technisch vielleicht

gar nicht machbar. Mit einer »Hard-but-Smart«-Strategie hingegen würde das UK unilateral

auf alle neuen Barrieren verzichten.
                                "Hard but smart" according to Felbermayr, apparently involves Britain unilaterally giving up all border controls.

A true "open borders" policy - I doubt that'll appeal to the original supporters of Brexit ?

Gaining control of your borders was allegedly one of the prime motives for Brexit no ?
                                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X