No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually the last time I was in London ,Oct '17 I thought I was in a third world country....I feel sorry for you and you were lied to by your politicians, but then again all politicians lie......Have a good Xmas mate....

Comment

• No need to feel sorry. Unlike lefty-liberals, I don't hurt or feel victimised easily.

Would you like the 10-year meeting on Waterloo bridge...mate?

And a very Merry Christmas to you too...
      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
      All human ills he can subdue,
      Or with a bauble or medal
      Can win mans heart for you;
      And many a blessing know to stew
      To make a megloamaniac bright;
      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
        No need to feel sorry. Unlike lefty-liberals, I don't hurt or feel victimised easily.

Would you like the 10-year meeting on Waterloo bridge...mate?

And a very Merry Christmas to you too...
        Sounds a good idea....(Assuming I am still on the planet)...for all the places I have been and sights seen and things done The one thing I always missed for a London pub

Comment

• Originally posted by Bow View Post

Sounds a good idea....(Assuming I am still on the planet)...for all the places I have been and sights seen and things done The one thing I always missed for a London pub
          But isn't that sort of thing the main reason why citizenship is retained rather than repudiated ?
          It's really not about transitory political events: these things frequently go awry, and ,even now, nobody seems to know how Brexit will pan-out. It's a mess.
          Surely citizenship is about culture, shared history, tradition,Auld Lang Syne, perhaps.
          "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
          Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

But isn't that sort of thing the main reason why citizenship is retained rather than repudiated ?
            It's really not about transitory political events: these things frequently go awry, and ,even now, nobody seems to know how Brexit will pan-out. It's a mess.
            Surely citizenship is about culture, shared history, tradition,Auld Lang Syne, perhaps.
            Good luck to you and yours in the times to come be it "IN" or "OUT"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bow View Post

Good luck to you and yours in the times to come be it "IN" or "OUT"
              I'm an Australian so it really doesn't signify- a dual citizen just as you were.

But cheers_ and a Merry Christmas to you.
              "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                The UK is set to remain in the Common Transit Convention (CTC) after Brexit,

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...n-after-brexit
                Endless bait & switch it is, eh?

I hope you guys are burning up the phone lines (forget Email, they filter that out) and send hard copy letters to them.
                I may even be worth while to visit their office if they have one where you live, but those are probably locked up on random days and random hours to prevent that.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Watch the great british public show their support for a small group of pathetic Brexit loonies.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKOEt2d66rM

Comment

• "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• What makes me laugh about this thread is the fact that you've got all nationalities - Irish, Canadian, Finns and all sorts - mocking and baiting and somehow thinking they are point scoring over the Brits. The Brits being the ones who voted in the referendum as to whether we wanted in or out of the EU.

And the British electorate voted leave, so really, what on earth does that have to do with any of you?

The town I live in voted 53% to leave and 47% to remain. I'm cool with that.

In the Quebec referendum of 1995 the result was 49.42% yes, 50.58% no. Anyone upset about that?

In the Welsh devolution referendum of 1997 the results were 50.30% yes and 49.70% no. Anyone upset about that?

We voted to leave, we're leaving. It was a democratic vote. We don't want to be part of the club any more. We'll do just fine. Of the 195 nations on planet earth only 28 are members of the EU. So 167 countries function perfectly well outside of any pseudo political economic union.

We want to leave, we will leave, I don't give a shiny **** how we leave. I'm just bemused at how many people of other nationalities seem to want to spend their time, baiting, mocking, belittling and scorning the democratic process of those of us who live on these islands?

600 posts and counting.

"COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
                      - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck's Luck View Post

We voted to leave, we're leaving.
                        The arguments are over how we leave.
                        There is a small minority of EU hating little englanders who have demanded that their extreme view of 'leaving' prevail and we cut all connections to The EU .
                        They are opposed by a larger number of leavers who want some connection to The EU but not full membership.
                        The problem is not the actual leaving but the terms of the divorce.
                        The nutcases have decided that they, and they alone, should decide the matter and have become completely unhinged when Parliament thwarted their 'cunning plan'

Comment

• Originally posted by m kenny View Post

The arguments are over how we leave.
                          There is a small minority of EU hating little englanders who have demanded that their extreme view of 'leaving' prevail and we cut all connections to The EU .
                          They are opposed by a larger number of leavers who want some connection to The EU but not full membership.
                          The problem is not the actual leaving but the terms of the divorce.
                          The nutcases have decided that they, and they alone, should decide the matter and have become completely unhinged when Parliament thwarted their 'cunning plan'

For remainers it is not! They want to stay in all its form, including taking up the Euro, opening the borders and relegate the UK to a mere county.

A bunch of nasty, EU gravy-train contents licking, traitorous 'come up next Tuesdays' if you ask me.

There is a small minority of EU hating little englanders who have demanded that their extreme view of 'leaving' prevail and we cut all connections to The EU
                          There are absolutely no common Brexiters who believe in totally ignoring Europe. If you have evidence of this, please post it. I don't mean one or two nutters, I mean the "small minority"

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

For remainers it is not! They want to stay in all its form, including taking up the Euro, opening the borders and relegate the UK to a mere county.

A bunch of nasty, EU gravy-train contents licking, traitorous 'come up next Tuesdays' if you ask me.

Paul
                            If you have evidence of this, please post it. I don't mean one or two nutters, I mean "remainers". That's about 48% of the referendum voters.
                            "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post

If you have evidence of this, please post it. I don't mean one or two nutters, I mean "remainers". That's about 48% of the referendum voters.
                              just as soon as my request is answered. Other than that, it's there in black and white if you care to search for it if you can't wait. The EU have already laid down those conditions if they wish to rejoin. You can google "EU conditions if the UK wish to rejoin the EU"

Comment

• For remainers it is not! They want to stay in all its form, including taking up the Euro, opening the borders and relegate the UK to a mere county.

Your claim, it's up to you to prove it.

I suppose you have information to back this up, such as polls or statistics that "they" want what you claim "they" want.

And no, replying with the conditions of the EU for a return has nothing to do with remainers allegedly wanting the Euro, wanting to open the borders etc.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X