Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Stretch it until 23.00 on the 29th March and we are free.
    Free to continue to engage in wanton hyperbole?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Why were some Tory MP's and so many members of the public so shocked and surprised when the British Attorney General stated the obvious in his legal advice to the British government in relation to the Backstop agreement concerning the land border between the UK and the EU? Are they thick? Did they not read anything that was written about it months ago? Do they not understand simple concepts written in simple language?
      The agreement was that no arrangement would be put in place which resulted in a hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland in order to comply with the Good Friday Agreement. That insurance policy holds until a full agreement between the EU and the UK is in place. Once that agreement is in place the Backstop disappears. The EU and the UK, amongst others, have signed an international agreement relating to Northern Ireland. The EU is seeking to honour the commitments it make when it signed that agreement.

The only way the Backstop becomes a problem for the UK is if it is seeking to renege on that agreement. The only way it puts Northern Ireland on a different footing to Great Britain in trade and legal terms is if the UK chooses to do so by cutting one of the parts of the UK which is almost British off from the rest of the country. In short if the UK behaves in an honourable manner, something it has rarely done in relation to anything in Ireland before, then the Backstop is not an issue. That's why Ireland came up with the idea in the first place and that’s why the EU is holding the UK to their word. It’s also why the little-englanders are going nuts; they never had to keep their word to the Paddies or the Darkies or the Slopes before so like spoiled children who are told No for the first time (and by Jonny Foreigner no less!) their tantrum, while unedifying, is not unexpected.
      "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
      validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
      "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• My bet : May is history.
        $10.
        Anyone? Bets closing 19:59 GMT.
        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Mrs May has won the vote. She is going nowhere. The looney Brexiteers have fallen flat on their arses again!

Comment

• What do you expect when most Tory MP's are pro-remain? Even if May had lost and resigned, they would have gone for another remainer leader like Amber Rudd. That's why Brexit MPs will always lose. They are outnumbered 3 to 2 by those pigs with their collective noses in the EU money trough.
              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
              All human ills he can subdue,
              Or with a bauble or medal
              Can win mans heart for you;
              And many a blessing know to stew
              To make a megloamaniac bright;
              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Knipsel22 by R. Bezoen, on Flickr

Also for ongoing polls on various Brexit related issues (remain-leave-anohter referendum-wrong decision-right decision etc.):
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...rendum_polling
                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                  What do you expect when most Tory MP's are pro-remain? Even if May had lost and resigned, they would have gone for another remainer leader like Amber Rudd. That's why Brexit MPs will always lose. They are outnumbered 3 to 2 by those pigs with their collective noses in the EU money trough.
                  117 MPs is enough to ensure that a Brexiter will be in the final two when May does eventually resign. A Brexiter will always win if it goes to the membership.
                  "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                    My bet : May is history.
                    $10.
                    Anyone? Bets closing 19:59 GMT.
                    About 10 years from now..........

Brits.......Knock Knock!!!!....

EU Whos that

Brit,,,,,Can we come in ..it was all a mistake and we didnt really mean to leave....it was all a misunderstanding

EU....###### off we had enough trouble with you guys a few years back.

Memo to the UK....Your Empire went down the tube in 1947 but you havent got the message yet....

As I said in another blog a while back......I returned my Dual Citizenship passport and will only register as Canadian from now on .....

"Rule Britannia" my arse....go suck up to Trump now and see what you can get....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bow View Post

EU Whos that

Brit,,,,,Can we come in ..it was all a mistake and we didnt really mean to leave....it was all a misunderstanding

Memo to the UK....Your Empire went down the tube in 1947 but you havent got the message yet....

As I said in another blog a while back......I returned my Dual Citizenship passport and will only register as Canadian from now on .....

"Rule Britannia" my arse....go suck up to Trump now and see what you can get....
                      Oh well! A scab is either picked off or falls off. Seems similarly, you fell off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey Stretch it until 23.00 on the 29th March and we are free.
                        It will inaugurate a situation roughly similar to that of Switzerland. I.e. the UK will be engaged in continuous processes of negotiation with the EU about this that and the other thing for the indefinite future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

Oh well! A scab is either picked off or falls off. Seems similarly, you fell off.

Get back to me in about 10 years and tell me how well you are doing.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ]Bow View Post
                            Get back to me in about 10 years and tell me how well you are doing.....
                            I'll be too busy enjoying visits to as many military museums of the world. Other than that, I'll meet you on Waterloo bridge at 10:00hrs December 18th 2028....

Other than that, the scab will off!
                            Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 17 Dec 18, 17:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bow View Post

EU Whos that

Why play the rejected suitor ?
                              Why choose to repudiate your dual (British) citizenship merely because some politicians display a lack of effective leadership and that you disagree with some of the British electorate ? It must happen all the time.

Surely ,citizenship of a particular nation should run deeper than these passing events.
                              Last edited by BELGRAVE; 18 Dec 18, 01:47.
                              "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• The UK is set to remain in the Common Transit Convention (CTC) after Brexit,

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...n-after-brexit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X