Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bow View Post
    Well today I returned my British EU Passport and from now on I will only one citizen ship, CANADIAN...….I served Canada both as a civilian and a member of the Canadian Forces (RCAF) and had ties to the UK, but not anymore......The UK has done the most stupid things I can think of plus the fact your politiions have lied to you...…..It will not be the land of milk and honey...……..Good bye and good luck in the coming years you will need it.
    There's really no need to get all bitter and twisted.
    Politicians will always stuff things up:- regardless of their nationality. T'was ever thus.
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
      Well, an agreement between May and the remaining EU countries has been signed.

It's up to May now to sell it in the UK and have it ratified or rejected.
      Is that the deal where the EUI gets to drag it out another decade or two, or the one where they just ignore the vote and keep the UK under Brussel's thumb forever?
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Is that the deal where the EUI gets to drag it out another decade or two, or the one where they just ignore the vote and keep the UK under Brussel's thumb forever?
        Pretty much.

However it is likely that May's surrender deal will be rejected by the House of Commons on the 11th and then it and May will be consigned to history.
        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Pretty much.

However it is likely that May's surrender deal will be rejected by the House of Commons on the 11th and then it and May will be consigned to history.
          It would be incorrect to assume any 'rejection' will be because Parliament thinks the deal is not a big enough break. By far the largest group of MPs will be voting it down because they want to keep most of the current links with the EU.

Comment

• Originally posted by m kenny View Post

It would be incorrect to assume any 'rejection' will be because Parliament thinks the deal is not a big enough break. By far the largest group of MPs will be voting it down because they want to keep most of the current links with the EU.
            Yes! MPs that were elected by their constituents who in the main voted Brexit. But instead of fighting in parliament for what their electorate want, go against them. In other words, 'I don't give a FK what you voted me in for, I'll fight for my own selfish interest, so bugger off you silly, unwashed, stupid idiots who didn't know what you were voting for. I'll fight for little dictator me and my other unelected, foreign, Maoist filth that is the EUSR.'

No matter what the deal, those traitors would vote against it unless it meant staying in.
            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
            All human ills he can subdue,
            Or with a bauble or medal
            Can win mans heart for you;
            And many a blessing know to stew
            To make a megloamaniac bright;
            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

Yes! MPs that were elected by their constituents who in the main voted Brexit. But instead of fighting in parliament for what their electorate want, go against them. In other words, 'I don't give a FK what you voted me in for, I'll fight for my own selfish interest, so bugger off you silly, unwashed, stupid idiots who didn't know what you were voting for. I'll fight for little dictator me and my other unelected, foreign, Maoist filth that is the EUSR.'

No matter what the deal, those traitors would vote against it unless it meant staying in.
              So the Brexiteers who spent decades chanting the mantra: 'The UK Parliament should be supreme' are now not so keen on MPs being 'supreme'.
              Now they want MPs to become delegates rather than representatives.

In a nutshell the Brexiteers do not want MPs to be given a free vote on the matter because they are in the minority. Parliament is overwhelmingly against their preferred outcome and so Brexiteers will move heaven and earth to prevent any vote on the matter.
              Long live democracy!

Comment

• What was it again? 48%-52% ?

It has indeed been an entertaining show so far, no matter the outcome (and I think the entertainment will be stretched farthest if it's a no-deal exit); I didn't know the EU was based on the maoïst philosophy, but someone with an apparent wealth of knowledge does seem to know so .
                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

So the Brexiteers who spent decades chanting the mantra: 'The UK Parliament should be supreme' are now not so keen on MPs being 'supreme'.
                  Now they want MPs to become delegates rather than representatives.

In a nutshell the Brexiteers do not want MPs to be given a free vote on the matter because they are in the minority. Parliament is overwhelmingly against their preferred outcome and so Brexiteers will move heaven and earth to prevent any vote on the matter.
                  Long live democracy!
                  If MP voted leave but was voted in by a remainer constituency or a remainer MP was voted in by a leave constituency, they should lobby hard for what their constituent wan't, not lobby hard against them. If they feel they can't do what their constituents demand on any subject, they should resign.

These MP are Just a bunch of individual dictators who stick their collective middle digit fingers up to the lot of us...which of course, includes remainers.
                  Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 09 Dec 18, 11:53.
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

So the Brexiteers who spent decades chanting the mantra:---
                    Hey, shall we go into what the establishment hacks have been calling the Brexiters for the last few years?
                    Just flip back a few pages, or better yet -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9T4dGAxtO0&t=121s

So, you still want a 2nd referendum, or is thwarting Democracy with the bureaucracy still gonna be your thing?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Pat the typical Gammon. Old and lacking any formal education. Wildly racist and simply too thick to blush. He is deeply upset his dream is fading.

Comment

• Oh well, just when I thought things would start to get going, one way or the other.
                        Wonder how long they'll be able to stretch this one.

Theresa May has postponed the final vote on her Brexit deal after a last-minute conference call with cabinet ministers, a clear admission by the prime minister that she does not believe she can get the unpopular EU withdrawal agreement through the Commons.

The drastic move, as May faced defeat by up to 100 of her own MPs, is a humiliation for the prime minister, whose aides and cabinet ministers had emphatically denied there was any prospect of pulling the vote, even as late as Monday morning.
                        Advisers, ministers and loyalist MPs had been urging May to delay Tuesday’s vote in order to seek new assurances from Brussels and avoid the chaos of a parliamentary defeat.
                        https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ingful-vote-eu
                        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• Perhaps I should explain what is going on here. About a third of the voters voted to leave. A third wanted to stay and a third did not bother voting.
                          Of the third who voted Leave only a minority are bong-eyed looney leavers who believe the UK has a special place in the world and that the UK is financing the EU and is so important to the EU that it will collapse when we leave. They actively gloat over that possibility. Most leavers want an orderly parting.
                          Mrs May has no overall majority in Parliament and thus has had to buy off the Northern Ireland Unionists and they are by any standards a deeply right-wing fundamentalist religious group. She has a small number of fruitcakes like Jacob who are quite prepared to destroy the Tory Party and the country in their crusade to smite these uppity johny-foriegners who thought they could boss us around. They can cause trouble because of the no overall majority situation but they are a minority within the Tory Party. Even fellow Conservatives think of them as complete nut-cases.
                          The Labour Party is overwhelmingly young and pro-Remain and if this were a simple straight vote May and the Labour MPs would be able to crush the Brexit fruitcakes. However Corbyn sees this as a chance to depose May and get Labour to form a Government. He is also quite prepared to ruin the country so he can assume power. He is threatening to make Labour MPs vote down Mays bill even though many support it. Also as Corbyn is an old Marxist he is ideologically opposed to the EU and wants to leave. He is at odds with the majority of Labour Party members. Corbyn is quite happy to let Jacob and the nutters destroy Mrs May.

However Corbyn is worried he is so out of step with his members that he is now is making noises about a new vote on leaving but most accept that he is doing this for political advantage as he is a confirmed Leaver.

So the situation is complicated by Politics and this allows the small number of Brexit nutcases to cause problems. It is not that they are a major force in the Conservative Party but rather May's lack of an overall majority means even their small numbers can cause her to fall if Labour decide not to support her. If it were a free vote then Mrs May would get her way. That is why all the little englanders are in a rage. They realise they can only get what they want if MPs are not allowed to make their own minds up and vote as they wish.

Comment

• Wow, the venom runs deep in this one.

Oh, and just two posts up from that hateful screed, i told you so.
                            And so did Pat.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Yesterday in the House of Commons Mrs. May said "They (in Northern Ireland) do not want a return to a hard Border. And if this House cares about preserving our union, it must listen to those people because our union will only endure with their consent,".

I ask the people of England and her hinterlands (Scotland, Wales and Norn-Ireland) to please get your act together rather than foist that basketcase of bigoted welfarites onto my country.

More here
                              Last edited by E.D. Morel; 11 Dec 18, 04:46.
                              "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                              validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                                Oh well, just when I thought things would start to get going, one way or the other.
                                Wonder how long they'll be able to stretch this one.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ingful-vote-eu
                                Stretch it until 23.00 on the 29th March and we are free.
                                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X