Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
    One of the many ironies here is the Tories talking about vassil States when that is exactly how they have always treated Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. They are an English party which rules the UK. They are the party who imposed Pole Taxes on Scotland first to see how it went before imposing them "at home".
    It really is a scream. The same people who point blank refuse to accept that the constituent parts of the UK might not desire English rule act as if the EU is the Third Reich in nicer clothes. You see a similar phenomenon on the US boards, where police killing unarmed black men or harassing minorities is perfectly fine, but universal healthcare...or restrictions on magazine capacities....or taxes....or anything certain people don't like is 'tyranny'. Same demographic, same mentality.

I get similarly amused to hear English people whine about immigrants merely entering their nation. The lack of self awareness would be touching if it wasn't being spouted by people who consider nasty little thugs like 'Tommy Robinson' to be heroes.
    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• The Daily Mail is backing the current deal.
      Loyalty and respect were not in evidence yesterday, as hard-line Tory Brexiteers turned on UK Prime Minister Theresa May (pictured) in a deeply unedifying display of petulant defiance.
      "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
      validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
      "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
        One of the many ironies here is the Tories talking about vassil States when that is exactly how they have always treated Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. They are an English party which rules the UK. They are the party who imposed Pole Taxes on Scotland first to see how it went before imposing them "at home".
        Risible. nonsense.

The United Kingdom stays together because the majority of people want it that way. And when given the choice the majority of people in the UK didn't want to stay in the EU.
        And as you well know, England is the cash cow of the other nations in the UK.

Also the Poll tax was tried in Scotland first because they were amongst the most vocal in their dislike of the old Rates system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post

And as you well know, England is the cash cow of the other nations in the UK.

As EU remaining London is the cash-cow for the 'Brexit' industrial wastelands.

Comment

Also the Poll tax was tried in Scotland first because they were amongst the most vocal in their dislike of the old Rates system.
            Good one!
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by m kenny View Post

As EU remaining London is the cash-cow for the 'Brexit' industrial wastelands.
              The Home Counties voted leave too. Every English 'region' apart from London did.

Comment

The Home Counties voted leave too. Every English 'region' apart from London did.
                Which make no difference to my claim-As EU remaining London is the cash-cow for the 'Brexit' industrial wastelands.

Will the temptation of mentioning 'immigrants' to explain away the London vote be too much to resist?

Comment

• Originally posted by m kenny View Post
                  Which make no difference to my claim-As EU remaining London is the cash-cow for the 'Brexit' industrial wastelands.
                  The Home Counties not only provide much of the work force that makes London the cash cow, they are also a cash cow for the rest themselves.

Comment

• Jacob Rees Mogg and his gang fell flat on their arses today. They promised today would be the day they started the process to depose May and it turns out they did not have the numbers. They have been lying about how many Conservative MPs support them and have slunk back into the shadows to see if they can form another conspiracy.

https://www.ft.com/content/4a786c60-...0-9cf212677a57

[They] cant organise a p*ss-up in a brewery, and they want to run the country, one minister said of Mr Rees-Moggs European Research Group.
                    Last edited by m kenny; 19 Nov 18, 18:20.

Comment

• Jacob admits he is a wally and slinks off into the sunset

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nfighting.html

Jacob Rees-Mogg today admitted the shambolic plot to oust Theresa May had gone a bit 'Dad's Army' after it stalled amid Brexiteer splits........................
                      One senior MP who has submitted a letter jibed: 'Where are these great titans of Brexit? The answer is, they've bottled it.' .............: 'Do my colleagues not understand how normal people react when they see a group of middle-aged men, led by two plummy-toned Old Etonians, trying to bully a conscientious and determined woman out of her job?'...............

Comment

• Well, an agreement between May and the remaining EU countries has been signed.

It's up to May now to sell it in the UK and have it ratified or rejected.
                        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                          Well, an agreement between May and the remaining EU countries has been signed.

It's up to May now to sell it in the UK and have it ratified or rejected.
                          She's no Arthur Daley. The filler will be pulled out of the bodywork and the car scrapped.
                          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                          All human ills he can subdue,
                          Or with a bauble or medal
                          Can win mans heart for you;
                          And many a blessing know to stew
                          To make a megloamaniac bright;
                          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                          The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Well today I returned my British EU Passport and from now on I will only one citizen ship, CANADIAN....I served Canada both as a civilian and a member of the Canadian Forces (RCAF) and had ties to the UK, but not anymore......The UK has done the most stupid things I can think of plus the fact your politiions have lied to you.....It will not be the land of milk and honey.....Good bye and good luck in the coming years you will need it.
                            Last edited by Bow; 28 Nov 18, 14:33. Reason: In one or two years you will comesniffeling back to the EU saying it was all a mistake can we rejoin....

Comment

• Things are getting worse for Arron Banks :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46460194

The company which the Electoral Commission suspects may have been behind Britain's biggest political donation has no registered address - meaning it has failed to fulfil a key legal requirement.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcdmq07u2T8

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

She's no Arthur Daley. The filler will be pulled out of the bodywork and the car scrapped.
                                I like the analogy. Looking at the situation from the outside, I think the only way around the mess is to hold another referendum. Obviously many of the voters did not appreciate the full implications of their decision.
                                "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                                Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X