Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Surrey View Post

    We got rid of his French stooge of a son too and ended Louis xivs attempt to create a united Europe.
    But not before Louis ended the dream of a United colony in the northern half of the American continent.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by m kenny View Post
      But not before Louis ended the dream of a United colony in the northern half of the American continent.
      Are you sure you´ve got the right "Louis?"

      Comment


      • There was a poll published over the weekend and 75% of Brexiteers would be prepared to see end the Northern Ireland agreement and Scotland gaining independence in order to get Brexit. There is no reasoning with such people and they are prepared to cut off nose, legs & arms in pursuit of their chimera. The majority of those polled population thought otherwise.


        Comment


        • An add in the USA but the demographics are the one that were at play for Brexit.

          https://youtu.be/q9Zj71w33kg?t=54

          Comment


          • Who were the idiots that voted FOR Brexit?

            After lobbying for many decades, Britain wants out of an economic community whose mutual money guarantees their military security.
            My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

            Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
            GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
            Lincoln-Douglas Debates

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
              Who were the idiots that voted FOR Brexit?
              .
              Well, since you are starting off by calling them idiots.... this ought to be right up your alley-

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9T4dGAxtO0



              "Why is the Rum gone?"

              -Captain Jack

              Comment


              • Wow...apparently I'm an "idiot" for supporting European security, military as well as financial?

                Apparently I have spent the last the last two years not only using every opportunity to bring Brexit to it's knees, but undermining the sacred majority as well?

                European Unity was bought at great cost....opinions vary as to the true figure, but the price of trading that security is to catapult Britian back to precisely where they began at the beginning of the 20th century?

                Who are these people? DonT they read military history?
                My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

                Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                Lincoln-Douglas Debates

                Comment


                • Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

                  Well, since you are starting off by calling them idiots....
                  Whilst 'idiot' would be a stretch it is a fact that all the survey's show that the old and those with little or no educational qualification were the ones who voted for Brexit.
                  Note the old and not too well educated talking head in the linked video is calling people 'morons' because they went to University.



                  Last edited by m kenny; 14 Oct 18, 15:36.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
                    Wow...apparently I'm an "idiot" for supporting European security, military as well as financial?

                    Apparently I have spent the last the last two years not only using every opportunity to bring Brexit to it's knees, but undermining the sacred majority as well?

                    European Unity was bought at great cost....opinions vary as to the true figure, but the price of trading that security is to catapult Britian back to precisely where they began at the beginning of the 20th century?

                    Who are these people? DonT they read military history?
                    Military security was paid for by our grandfathers who defeated the Germans in ww2 and has been guaranteed since then by NATO, mainly the Americans. Nothing whatsoever to do with the EU.
                    Financial - the UK pays £10bn over and above what it receives simply for being in the EU. Why would anyone want to pay £10bn a year just for it to go to corrupt EU politicians & bureaucrats or effectively as foreign aid to southern and eastern Europeans?

                    Hitler, the Kaiser and Napoleon all tried to create European unity. European unity is not necessarily a good thing.

                    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Surrey View Post

                      .
                      Financial - the UK pays £10bn over and above what it receives simply for being in the EU.

                      Germany is the driver of EU financing. The UK contributes 18% and Germany 36%.
                      As with all direct economic comparisons with Germany The UK comes a very poor second.

                      Comment


                      • Clearly the UK will henceforth re-fight all its old battles, and have nothing to do with anything actually going on in the world...

                        Comment


                        • And they just keep right on doing it.

                          Just incredible....
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

                          -Captain Jack

                          Comment


                          • .
                            European unity is not necessarily a good thing.
                            Unless under English control of course.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              .

                              Unless under English control of course.
                              Neither England nor Britain have ever sort control Europe. We have merely sort to stop anyone else from doing so.
                              "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

                              Comment


                              • Latest round of negotiations ended up with the same result as previous ones: UK needs to make up its mind.
                                Wisdom is personal

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X