Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-fishing-wars

Britain is increasing the number of fishery protection vessels in anticipation of hostility from French fishermen..
    This is what I posted last summer :

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    What I hear here is that the expectation is to be for there to be another "extension", new elections in the UK, then a prolonged new negotiation wherein the actual Brexit and the border modalities are shoved in a single agreement.

Basically the "leaving", the future "border solution" and "trade agreement", negotiated in combination which will take years.

For that you'd need a secure UK government, backed by a solid majority - not the improvisation team you have now.

Oh, and a minor fish war with the French to appease the hardliners on both sides...
    All very predictable.

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
    Doubtful it would help any. Most likely is that if anything happens then the French fishermen will simply prevent UK ships from landing their fish to French ports. If it happens on wider scale than that would likely apply to the whole of the EU. To which the UK fishery protection vessels can not do anything anything about. Just like at the Guernsey.
    Well they have aircraft carriers, they could do fly overs and dump the fish on the EU market
    Last edited by Snowygerry; 10 Feb 20, 03:51.
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• The RAF have just received the first of their nine Poseidon MPAs.

1e555d1926433ebd72f5552c58739e50.jpg

Expect EU trawlers illegally fishing UK waters to start mysteriously disappearing ..... bwahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post
        The RAF have just received the first of their nine Poseidon MPAs.

1e555d1926433ebd72f5552c58739e50.jpg

Expect EU trawlers illegally fishing UK waters to start mysteriously disappearing ..... bwahaha
        Going by past experience with the Brexit line of argumentation, the plane will instead be used to make British fishing vessels disappear – but the EU will be blamed...

Comment

• Somewhat of a night of long knives in London yesterday

Any thoughts ?

"The Chancellor said no self-respecting minister would accept those terms," the unnamed source said.

Later on Friday, Javid himself confirmed he was asked to let his advisers go and used almost the exact same words to describe his decision.
          https://www.dw.com/en/uk-finance-min...net/a-52365408
          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Sacking the only competent NI Secretary there's been in 15 years was a strange step.
            Sacking the only fiscally responsible member of the Cabinet so that populist expansionary spending could be unleashed on the Uk is a retrograde spet.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• I hope Dominic knows what he's doing

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                Sacking the only competent NI Secretary there's been in 15 years was a strange step.
                Sacking the only fiscally responsible member of the Cabinet so that populist expansionary spending could be unleashed on the Uk is a retrograde spet.
                The Treasury advisers leaked badly and deserved to be fired. There have been a succession of stories in the press recently about Javid proposing large scale tax rises. If true then he deserved to go.

"To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

The Treasury advisers leaked badly and deserved to be fired. There have been a succession of stories in the press recently about Javid proposing large scale tax rises. If true then he deserved to go.
                  latest news indicate that visit to USA has been put on hold, so much for that trade deal, and Boris wants to build a bridge from Scotland to NI, so much for NHS, coppers etc getting more funding.
                  Wisdom is personal

Comment

• I guess Boris has found the magical money tree - i can't figure out how the finances would allow such a project without it.
                    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

• The short reign of Citizen Smith
                      RTÉ's Northern Editor Tommie Gorman looks back on Julian Smith's time in office as Northern Ireland Secretary, which lasted just 204 days.
                      "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                      validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                      "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
                        I guess Boris has found the magical money tree - i can't figure out how the finances would allow such a project without it.
                        If he takes a page from Trump he can borrow to spend like a drunken sailor, and expect most of the UK press damn they eyes of anyone with the temerity to point out the risk of chickens coming home to roost somewhere down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karri View Post

latest news indicate that visit to USA has been put on hold, so much for that trade deal, and Boris wants to build a bridge from Scotland to NI, so much for NHS, coppers etc getting more funding.
                          I've read of this as well, and there is already a problem with the idea: The best place chosen for a bridge takes it directly onto a massive dumping field of over 1 million tonnes of explosive ordinance.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-too-dangerous
                          You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

• Originally posted by asterix View Post

I've read of this as well, and there is already a problem with the idea: The best place chosen for a bridge takes it directly onto a massive dumping field of over 1 million tonnes of explosive ordinance.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-too-dangerous
                            Nuclear waste as well, and I read that it has to pass through an area 300 meters deep.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

• Never mind all this building a bridge, cobblers. According to the recent babblings of the more demented of the remoaners, we should be at war with France by now.

The long toll of the brave
                              Is not lost in darkness
                              Over the fruitful earth
                              And athwart the seas
                              Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                              Unquenchable forever.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-fishing-wars

Britain is increasing the number of fishery protection vessels in anticipation of hostility from French fishermen..
                                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X