Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Immediately after NEW YEARS EVE, AS "aULD LANG SYNE fades awaY...
    Do us ex-pats get to vote?????.....but remember the only things Scotland ever produced was people and whiskey....good luck lads ...

Comment

• Originally posted by asterix View Post
      France gave the UK a nice little send off at the 6 nations tourney yesterday.
      Fantastic performance by France. Can't see Ireland beating France, Wales or England.
      "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
      validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
      "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Bow View Post

Do us ex-pats get to vote?????.....but remember the only things Scotland ever produced was people and whiskey....good luck lads ...
        I don't think Scotland has ever produced whiskey...

Comment

• Since we're looking backwards and haven't seen a Downfall parody in a while ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post

I don't think Scotland has ever produced whiskey...
            You are right.
            You have to use the superior Pot Still process to produce good Whiskey. The Scottish use the inferior but more efficient Column Still to produce their Whisky, as do lower quality Irish Whiskey producers. If you are going to drink Whiskey then drink a good quality one.
            My personal favourite is Middleton but at $200 for an entry level bottle it isn't cheap.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

You are right.
              You have to use the superior Pot Still process to produce good Whiskey. The Scottish use the inferior but more efficient Column Still to produce their Whisky, as do lower quality Irish Whiskey producers. If you are going to drink Whiskey then drink a good quality one.
              My personal favourite is Middleton but at $200 for an entry level bottle it isn't cheap.
              That's because you've yet to try Glen Leavitt Genuine Saskatchewan Scotch whiskey....
              Using glen's unique bathtub still process...

Glen's best price is for the recycled, four aces or
              Old Niagara, gallon size, LaBRUSCA CANADIAN sherry glass jugs. the green ones....
              Last edited by marktwain; 06 Feb 20, 10:47.
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post

That's because you've yet to try Glen Leavitt Genuine Saskatchewan Scotch whiskey....
                Using glen's unique bathtub still process...

Glen's best price is for the recycled, four aces or
                Old Niagara, gallon size, LaBRUSCA CANADIAN sherry glass jugs. the green ones....
                I've drunk my fair share of Glen Leavitt but I'm not a fan of the less refined taste of Scotch Whisky.

Any whisk(e)y that comes in a gallon jug is to be avoided...

Comment

I've drunk my fair share of Glen Leavitt but I'm not a fan of the less refined taste of Scotch Whisky.

Comment

• 7979D38B-B0EA-48C4-B4AD-3521F2A71BAB.jpegD3B33CD9-E3F9-41C8-9971-DAC7615B0CBE.jpeg

Comment

• Everything happening or not happening in the UK is the doing of the British themselves.

That's how it has been, that's how it is, and it's how it eventually will be.

And that's regardless of how the UK's negotiations with the EU about what kind of future relationship the UK wants with it end up.

But we won't know that until the end of 2020 at the earliest, since for now the UK still operates according to all common agreements within the EU.

The UK has left its seat at the table, and from now on has no voice or rights in the internal deliberations of the EU. So far that's the extent of it.

The UK can break itself over this, but the EU won't be the one to do it. Unlike the Brexit-victim-fantasies, that was never the situation.

Comment

• https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-fishing-wars

Britain is increasing the number of fishery protection vessels in anticipation of hostility from French fishermen..
                        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                          https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-fishing-wars

Britain is increasing the number of fishery protection vessels in anticipation of hostility from French fishermen..
                          Doubtful it would help any. Most likely is that if anything happens then the French fishermen will simply prevent UK ships from landing their fish to French ports. If it happens on wider scale than that would likely apply to the whole of the EU. To which the UK fishery protection vessels can not do anything anything about. Just like at the Guernsey.
                          It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
                            Doubtful it would help any. Most likely is that if anything happens then the French fishermen will simply prevent UK ships from landing their fish to French ports. If it happens on wider scale than that would likely apply to the whole of the EU. To which the UK fishery protection vessels can not do anything anything about. Just like at the Guernsey.
                            They're already talking about it. It's not like all the best fishing are only in UK waters, it will cut off British boats from areas off Normandy and the Bay of Biscay. Of particular concern, as you mention, are the isles of Guernsey and Jersey - they are now effectively trapped by the 1964 fisheries convention, a convention then vehemently opposed by the UK but is now likely to re-implemented with recent demands of French fisheries. This means those islands will now have to ask permission to go beyond those lines. It also cuts them off from French ports to sell their catch. So it hurts both sides.
                            You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                              https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-fishing-wars

Now that british fishers are used to catching lil fellers like canal bream.:
                              can they be retrained for deep sea work?

Comment

HMMMM>>>> To the best of my knowledge Glenn Leavitt has never been packaged in anything smaller than the imperial gallon jug...

They ARE IN A NAME DISPUTE WITH AN UPSTART SCOTTISH CONCERN, AND IF THAT IS RESOLVED, MAY TEST MARKET what Sask people call " the ladies' bottle dram"...
                                Last edited by marktwain; 09 Feb 20, 19:46.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X