Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

I thought that you had left already.
    I did years ago (50).....but kept my dual citizenship until now....no longer...but still do my yearley working trip to France/Germanyl......my late wife was European.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bow View Post
      Well mates the time is upon you so Bon Voyage may your trip be uneventful into the land of milk and honey with a great?? leader like Boris .......I left the UK many years ago and didnt look back.......life is what you make of it.......bye.....
      We'll be leaving the UK shortly too.

83794578_1533021606852043_1492091133486956544_o.png
      Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
        Priceless
        nigelfarage2901-0 by R. Bezoen, on Flickr
        Is it a requirement for brexiters to have clear signs of intellectual degenerescence ?
        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

• WE'RE OUT! WE ARE FINALLY OUT!

Democracy prevails.

And Ace, if you want to leave the UK that is your prerogative. If you can persuade enough of your fellow Scots then of course you should leave.

Self-determination is the right of every citizen. We in the UK have made our choice. The English, the Welsh and the 1,018,322 Scottish voters and the 349,552 Northern Irish voters who voted for Brexit.

Me personally I don't care if Scotland leaves the Union. I'm just happy that the country I live in is no longer part of Federalist bureaucracy based in mainland Europe.

"COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
          - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
            https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35962999

And so it goes - round and round.

But for the first time since 1940, starting tomorrow, you will have no one to blame but your own government
            It's the standard British roadmap. Snowy.......

Before the Roman came to Rye or out to Severn strode,

The rolling English drunkard made the rolling English road.

A reeling road, a rolling road, that rambles round the shire,

And after him the parson ran, the sexton and the squire;

A merry road, a mazy road, and such as we did tread

The night we went to Birmingham by way of Beachy Head ~ GK Chesterton

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by the ace View Post

Immediately after NEW YEARS EVE, AS "aULD LANG SYNE fades awaY...
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post

You discovered? Pulleez, give us a link to said directive.

There you go matey...

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
                "To talk of many things:
                Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
                Of cabbages--and kings--
                And why the sea is boiling hot--
                And whether pigs have wings."

The long toll of the brave
                Is not lost in darkness
                Over the fruitful earth
                And athwart the seas
                Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                Unquenchable forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by the ace View Post

So, the time is right for the 'Poond' is it? It'll fall in line with the Ruble (your lefty government will like that until you take up the dying Euro) and a country who will beckon thousands of 18-35, fighting-age immigrants. You can have our 800,000 illegals too if you like? We could remove all our assets, remove any parts of structures paid for by the rest of the UK and build a Boris wall too. Remember, If you rejoin the EU () a border will be the price of you joining the EUSSR...10 Euros a pint/dram. How wonderfully you could celebrate annually, your freedom from the people who you irrationally despise, but empty your account on the night out.........

Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 31 Jan 20, 22:22.
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Some things about the Brits will be missed. They are probably the only nation who could get so upset about the Oxford Comma on a coin.
                    If you don't think punctuation in general, and the comma in particular, is important the read the following sentence;
                    "I helped my uncle Jack, off a horse."

Now read it again without the comma.

Yes, there are many things I would genuinely miss if they disappeared into the sea but thankfully they are still there and the likelihood is that as their economy declines it will get cheaper to visit there.
                    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

So, the time is right for the 'Poond' is it? It'll fall in line with the Ruble (your lefty government will like that until you take up the dying Euro) and a country who will beckon thousands of 18-35, fighting-age immigrants. You can have our 800,000 illegals too if you like? We could remove all our assets, remove any parts of structures paid for by the rest of the UK and build a Boris wall too. Remember, If you rejoin the EU () a border will be the price of you joining the EUSSR...10 Euros a pint/dram. How wonderfully you could celebrate annually, your freedom from the people who you irrationally despise, but empty your account on the night out.........

Hyperbole much?
                      "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

We don't despise a people, just their choice of Government, and if you want Brexit, feel fee, just don't drag us down with you.

I love the way May did backflips over there NOT being a hard border between Eire and NI, but insisted on one with Scotland. As for the infrastructure projects, are you talking about the Borders Railway (the first new railway line laid in the UK in over a century), or the Queensferry Crossing ? Sorry, both were built by the Scottish Government without UK funding. (Interestingly, Norway works fine without a hard border to Sweden, but the Norse government is fairly competent.)

Of course, we'll be keeping our oil, but you've always told us how worthless that is anyway.
                        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

• The Republic and Northern Ireland have always had a border and it's getting on for a hundred years old. Most of that time has been goods and services and people moving back and forth with hardly a hitch until the EUSSR came along, who now try to use it as a bargaining counter. If you think that we would put up with more of that bullsh1t from the EUSSR over a 'Sweaty' one too, you will have another thing coming.

A hard Scottish border will please both us and the EUSSR. If you vote to leave the UK for the heady uplands of county status in the land of the EUSSR, then go for it.

The SNP are no more than a radical 'more left' version of the Labour party so they should be at home in a larger, dying, lefty superstate. Enjoy your pittance subsidy, the end of democracy oh! and your 10 Euro bottles of McEwans Head Space.

I can see it now...Latter-day Border Reivers running amok, kilts and Sporrans a-flapping, ginger hair a-waving, on the rampage in the local Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, and Wetherspoons south of the border, looking for Special brew for £1.75 a can, frozen chips for £2.00 a bag and deep-fried Mars bars for £1.50 a pop; and hairy Geordies in black & white striped football shirts and huge beer-bellies, going the other way to 'find out' what the fuss is about. The Sasanachs wouldn't be able to 'see' what all the fuss was due to the copious tears of laughter getting in the way.

‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                          All human ills he can subdue,
                          Or with a bauble or medal
                          Can win mans heart for you;
                          And many a blessing know to stew
                          To make a megloamaniac bright;
                          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                          The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

The Republic and Northern Ireland have always had a border and it's getting on for a hundred years old. Most of that time has been goods and services and people moving back and forth with hardly a hitch until the EUSSR came along, who now try to use it as a bargaining counter. If you think that we would put up with more of that bullsh1t from the EUSSR over a 'Sweaty' one too, you will have another thing coming.
                            Given that this is a history forum and therefore posters here may have some knowledge of history I'll leave it to others to point out how stunningly stupid that comment is.

Comment

• I think the most idiotic thing so far that i have seen is that some of the British seem to think that they have been 'fighting' against the EU for the whole time since the Brexit vote (and maybe time leading to it too). Which is ludicrous idea. The EU has not prevented the UK from leaving at any point nor has it tried to hinder the process. So far everything we have seen has been just the British fighting themselves. Also i find it extraordinarily hilarious how some would choose to celebrate the ending of their voluntary membership in club.

Also FYI - all use of the 'EUSSR' does is to underline the ignorance of the people using it - as any one doing so has clearly no knowledge of either the EU or the USSR. Furthermore for people who actually faced the Soviet oppression that can be an extremely insulting statement. As some see it as an attempt to try to equate the pampered and privileged status the UK had in the EU to the repression of the USSR.
                              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

• Brexit British needs the EU to be The Enemy. Otherwise they don't make sense, even to themselves.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X