Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
    Try going back and responding to some of the facts which refute your opinions. That would be a good start.
    Now you are projecting.

As for responding to my previous comment I'm still waiting for a response to this one.

Why don't you start by reminding us all what it was meant to be, and how it was sold to the people, then compare to where it is today and what it is today, and then say that the agenda is not to create a European superstate.

It already has its own flag, it's own anthem, mutual currency, and there are talks about an army etc.

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
    but without facts and data to back up your opinions that's all they are.
    I Just presented you with some in cursive writing just above.

As for conspiracies there need not be one when interests converge, that's not to say that they don't happen, or that people aren't charged with conspiracy etc.

Like I said, the agenda is to create a European superstate, my "theory" is more solid than yours that suggests otherwise.

Perhaps we should leave it at that.
    Last edited by walle; 04 Sep 19, 12:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by walle View Post

Now you are projecting.

As for responding to my previous comment I'm still waiting for a response to this one.

Why don't you start by reminding us all what it was meant to be, and how it was sold to the people, then compare to where it is today and what it is today, and then say that the agenda is not to create a European superstate.

It already has its own flag, it's own anthem, mutual currency, and there are talks about an army etc.

I Just presented you with some in cursive writing just above.

Are you suggesting that these things just happened naturally, and all the sudden we found ourselves here?

As for conspiracies there need not be one when interests converge, that's not to say that they don't happen, or that people aren't charged with conspiracy etc.
      Again, I have offered data and substantiated facts. You have responded with hyperbole and baseless opinion, asking my to substantiate my opposition to your opinion without first substantiating your own opinion.

You talked about the "Greater" countries in Europe getting poorer due to their EU membership. I gave substantive evidence which showed you to be factually incorrect. You didn't respond with corresponding data to back up your views.

You talked about an "influx of economic migrants from Africa and the Middle East". I pointed out that they made up less than 0.1 of 1% of the population of the EU. (Their numbers had in fact declined by over 70% since 2015). You didn't respond.

You said that "if whites look toward their own racial, ethnic, and cultural best interest it leads to all things horror"
      I pointed out that the population of the EU 27 was white, or more white than the UK. You didn't respond.

I think you are wasting my time.
      "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
      validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
      "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

They share the same goal and are there to implement the agenda.
        You do understand that now you are already blaming all the EU member states for aiming that goal as well as over 50% of the elected MEPs as well? At which point - if it were true, which it is not, you kind of need to ask why are you blaming those 'boB's for simply carrying out the will of the member states? Or are you saying that those 'boB's should not heed the will of the member states? Or how exactly does that work? Or didn't you understand into what kind of a quagmire your own argument dropped you?

Because it could not be the agenda without all of the EU member states agreeing to it (or at least with none of them opposing it). Or do you still have problems understanding how the EU works? There seems to be fair bit of cognitive dissonance in your arguments.
        It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
          Again, I have offered data.

You offered numbers that in no way tells the whole truth.

You have responded with hyperbole and baseless opinion.

I refer you back to my previous post and what I wrote in cursive, hardly a baseless opinion.

You talked about the "Greater" countries in Europe getting poorer due to their EU membership.

They are, I also explained why. They have to prop up lesser nations, poorer nations. That bleeds the nation of its resources.

I wasn’t referring to more wealth being concentrated and accumulated by fewer people.
          Your numbers don’t reveal this.

You said that [I]"if whites look toward their own racial, ethnic, and cultural best interest it leads to all things horror"

Which was a response made to what you wrote, you still don’t get the context, which is baffling since it’s only one page away.

I pointed out that the population of the EU 27 was white

Yes, and your point is what exactly?

I think you are wasting my time.

Likewise, have a good evening.

Comment

• Americans turning up and hating on the EU is itself proof of both its usefulness and viability. No need for a bunch of Americans to be vehemently opposed to it, if it wasn't doing the job.

Comment

You offered numbers that in no way tells the whole truth.

I refer you back to my previous post and what I wrote in cursive, hardly a baseless opinion.

They are, I also explained why. They have to prop up lesser nations, poorer nations. That bleeds the nation of its resources.

I wasn’t referring to more wealth being concentrated and accumulated by fewer people.
              Your numbers don’t reveal this.

Which was a response made to what you wrote, you still don’t get the context, which is baffling since it’s only one page away.

Yes, and your point is what exactly?

Likewise, have a good evening.

The only points you have made which are based on fact have been shown to be false. I therefore see no gainful purpose in getting into further discussion about unsubstantiatible opinions.
              "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
              validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• They most certainly have not, but if it makes you feel better you are most welcome to live with that notion.

As for unsubstantiated opinions I care no more for those
                than I do for posted numbers that don’t reveal the complete picture.

I take it this will be the end of our discussion.

Comment

They most certainly have not, but if it makes you feel better you are most welcome to live with that notion.
                  Same to you - you are free to believe what you will. Just don't expect others to share your opinion without you yourself being able to actually prove your point to them. And you have not been able to do that.
                  As for unsubstantiated opinions I care no more for those than I do for posted numbers that don’t reveal the complete picture.
                  Then you should not be putting any weight on your own arguments since not only are they unsubstantiated but can easily be proven to have been false to begin with. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instit...European_Union It is the member states (or by extension the citizens of the member states both directly via the EU Parliament and indirectly via their own governments) that control the EU, not the other way around.
                  It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post
                    D'uh! The Empire is the EU , the Leavers are harkening back to the days of the Nation State.
                    Which in your case was.... also The Empire

So they're in fact looking at the short, but sweet, period between the fall of the British Empire, but before the rise of the EU Empire ?

That's really only the 1950s and 60s then ?
                    Last edited by Snowygerry; 05 Sep 19, 03:31.
                    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Which in your case was.... also The Empire

So they're in fact looking at the short, but sweet, period between the fall of the British Empire, but before the rise of the EU Empire ?

That's really only the 1950s and 60s then ?

1950s and 1960s was when a lot of the people who voted Leave were born of course ,,,

By and large though for great periods the Empire had little impact on the day to day lives of most ordinary citizens. To accuse Leavers of wishing to recreate an Empire is just another example of cognitive dissonance amongst Remainers whose wish it is is to be a part of an Empire.

Comment

• "Brexiteers will feel vindicated after Ireland’s Deputy Prime Minister, Simon Coveney has voiced what Guido reported back in July, that the Irish Government is planning for checks away from the border, ensuring it remains soft. He told a business event that checks would be introduced “somewhere away from the Border”:
                        “We recognise the reality that Ireland will have a responsibility to protect its own place in the single market. That will involve some checks. But I can assure you we will try to do that in a way that limits the risk. And we will try and do it away from the Border.”

Coveney said that his Government would have to introduce checks on the Irish side of the border, but not on the border itself. He also said it will be up to the British whether it wanted to place checks on goods on the Northern Irish side of the border.

The Irish Government accepting that the border may remain soft in the event of a No Deal, accepting what Eurosceptics have been saying for months does beg the question: If they can institute checks away from the border in the event of No Deal, why not in the event of a backstopectomied deal..? "

https://order-order.com/

And we are expected to believe the EU negotiates in good faith.

Comment

1950s and 1960s was when a lot of the people who voted Leave were born of course ,,,
                          A coincidence I'm sure

By and large though for great periods the Empire had little impact on the day to day lives of most ordinary citizens. To accuse Leavers of wishing to recreate an Empire is just another example of cognitive dissonance amongst Remainers whose wish it is is to be a part of an Empire.
                          Well no, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I find English nationalism strange, when was England ever truly a nation state ?

Even without the EU, you're still the UK, which is also a union, just another one ??

By and large though for great periods the Empire had little impact on the day to day lives of most ordinary citizens.
                          Strange as it may sound, that's how most people here regard the EU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                            Well no, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I find English nationalism strange, when was England ever truly a nation state ?

Even without the EU, you're still the UK, which is also a union, just another one ??
                            Yeah but in the future we'll just be regions of the EU. 'Ever closer union' remember ..

Comment

• I prefer his grandfather

His birthplace, Ghent, corrupted into English as Gaunt, was the origin for his name. When he became unpopular later in life, scurrilous rumours and lampoons circulated that he was actually the son of a Ghent butcher, perhaps because Edward III was not present at the birth. This story always drove him to fury.[2]
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_Gaunt#cite_note-2

How little has changed.
                              Last edited by Snowygerry; 05 Sep 19, 07:18.

Comment

If they can institute checks away from the border in the event of No Deal, why not in the event of a backstopectomied deal..? "

https://order-order.com/

And we are expected to believe the EU negotiates in good faith.
                                Yes. And a backstopectomied deal is the same as no deal in relation to the need to defend the EU customs union and single market.

You have always been able to rely on that the EU WILL defend the customs union and single market. At every turn has the UK been told this. It is however inconvenient for the UK, and Brexiters just refuse to believe it.

There is simply no point for the EU to give up in either the customs union or the single market. Sure a no-deal Brexit will be disruptive, and in the relatively immediate future. But the slow-burn disruption of allowing the UK to gut the CU and SM like that would be potentially much worse, if slower.

There is just no upside to accommodating the UK over this. Either the EU gets to deal a no-deal Brexit, or it starts phasing out its own single market. It cannot accept a third-nation-UK disrupting it from the inside. And if the EU won't defend itself, no one will. Certainly not the UK.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X