Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-Trump Rally in the UK.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by m kenny View Post


    I could go on but my wrists are getting sore..........
    Yes, but that's not from posting.

    And still not a peep about the differing treatment of two distinctly different reporters outside of Leeds Courthouse.
    Last edited by At ease; 21 Jul 18, 18:43.
    "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
    "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

    "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
    Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by At ease View Post

      P.S. My siblings and I attended Catholic primary and high schools(to year 12 for each) between the years 1955-1979.

      There was only one two year cross-over period where my brother and I went to the same school.

      Otherwise, they were all different schools, so plenty in the mix, added to by a house move in 1963.

      Based on the statistics that you offer, that should give a very high chance of at least one of the three of us to experience abuse.

      Unfortunately for your argument, there was not a single incident mentioned between us.

      Not a whisper.....not a peep.....NOTHING.



      Maybe you and your brothers were butt-ugly or had a phobia about washing?

      My first school was run by Nuns and my second by Franciscan Friars and then Priests. The Nuns were viciously aggressive and would beat kids up for no good reason though I will grant you that in my experience they never actually sold any of my class mates. We had a USA Brother who taught us. He always used to come and sit with us after we had been swimming and would routinely sit in the dressing room legs akimbo with all his tackle on show gawping at us. Bent as a 9 bob watch and we all knew it and made sure we kept out of his reach. 2 of the others were very fixated on schoolboys bums and took every chance they got to paddle the arse of the prettier boys. Definitely a weird mob but in those days it was so widely accepted that (for example) Vicars abused the Altar Boys that it was a comedy staple. Complaining did you no good so no one complained. I have an elderly female relative who often alluded to her schoolgirl encounters with the Parish priest in 1940s Ireland. She was so traumatised she would never reveal the details.

      Christian Rape gangs are real and no amount of wilful blindness can make it go away.
      Last edited by m kenny; 21 Jul 18, 19:16.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by m kenny View Post

        Maybe you and your brothers were butt-ugly or had a phobia about washing?

        My first school was run by Nuns and my second by Franciscan Friars and then Priests. The Nuns were viciously aggressive and would beat kids up for no good reason though I will grant you that in my experience they never actually sold any of my class mates. We had a USA Brother who taught us. He always used to come and sit with us after we had been swimming and would routinely sit in the dressing room legs akimbo with all his tackle on show gawping at us. Bent as a 9 bob watch and we all knew it and made sure we kept out of his reach. 2 of the others were very fixated on schoolboys bums and took every chance they got to paddle the arse of the prettier boys. Definitely a weird mob but in those days it was so widely accepted that (for example) Vicars abused the Altar Boys that it was a comedy staple. Complaining did you no good so no one complained. I have an elderly female relative who often alluded to her schoolgirl encounters with the Parish priest in 1940s Ireland. She was so traumatised she would never reveal the details.

        Christian Rape gangs are real and no amount of wilful blindness can make it go away.
        Thank you for sharing your childhood with us, but it has nothing to do with the actual subject of the thread.

        I personally don't care if Britain doesn't like Trump. They didn't elect him, he doesn't work for them, and his policies are not those of the UK. The UK has, or should have, its very own government to deal with British issues. The huge difference here is that no one in America gives a toss what the British government is or is not doing, now or ever.

        Maybe we should get together at WalMart every week and burn British flags and whine about whomever is in charge of GB for the moment.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post


          Maybe we should get together at WalMart every week and burn British flags and whine about whomever is in charge of GB for the moment
          Ah yes I thought I had seen you somewhere before.
          Are all those strange people we see shopping in Walmart your friends?

          screenshot.2018-07-2ouiui2.jpg

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post



            I personally don't care if Britain doesn't like Trump. They didn't elect him, he doesn't work for them, and his policies are not those of the UK.
            He does not work for the USA either Everyone knows orange Don is a KGB asset and is working to undermine the US in order to please his KGB handler Putin.

            Comment


            • #81
              M Kenny,

              That is quite enough with your lack of civility and unprovoked personal attacks.

              ACG Staff
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

              Prayers.

              BoRG

              http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

              Comment


              • #82
                Hard numbers to show the level of anti-Trump feeling in the UK


                https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Euro...-s-state-visit

                The meat:

                The more successful petition, seeking to downscale the invitation from an official state visit thereby excusing the queen from receiving Trump, garnered 1.85 million signatures. The petition supporting Trump's visit got 311,000 signatures.

                I make that c.6:1 against Trump.
                Any attempt to portray the anti-Trumpers as a 'minority' should heed the numbers of those who signed a petition to support his visit.
                Last edited by m kenny; 21 Jul 18, 23:01.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                  Maybe we should get together at WalMart every week and burn British flags and whine about whomever is in charge of GB for the moment.
                  The thread title is Anti Trump Rally in the UK.
                  Started by someone who does not reside in the UK.
                  Nor is it 'whining' about 'whomever is in charge of The USA for the moment'
                  Further I see no burning of American Flags.
                  Thus an input from a UK resident is entirely appropriate and if such was not welcome was is the point of the thread in the first place?

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    It was not an anti-US rally. It was an anti-Trump rally.
                    Most of the UK, in keeping with most of the free world, don't like Agent Orange, AKA President Trump.
                    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I like him just fine, thanks.

                      I can't vote for him obviously, but I think he is the best thing to happen to the USA for a lonnnng time.

                      And so did about 50 % (+/- a bit either way just to keep M Kenny happy)of those who wanted to vote.
                      Last edited by At ease; 24 Jul 18, 10:32.
                      "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                      "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

                      "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                      Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by At ease View Post
                        I like him just fine, thanks.
                        Yea, but I don't think you fit into "most people" when talking about most topics.
                        That's a good thing and a bad thing but it makes this place more interesting.
                        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I'm just one of those "deplorables" that Shrillary was so stupidly derisive towards.

                          As I just said, ABOUT 50%(of the Electoral College) - give or take.
                          "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                          "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

                          "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                          Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Only about 50% of what you say is deplorable.
                            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              M Kenny and BF69 would say 100%.

                              Your'e welcome.
                              "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                              "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

                              "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                              Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by At ease View Post
                                M Kenny and BF69 would say 100%.

                                Your'e welcome.
                                I only read about half of what you post
                                "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                                validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                                "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X