Clear All

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post

Post of the day!
    Knowledge is not your forte...
    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

• Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Knowledge is not your forte...
      Before remarking on someone else's 'knowledge' make sure that you know what you're talking about. I submit that Poland was worth fighting for and did not deserve being divided between two totalitarian regimes in 1939 after being invaded without provocation by them. As a footnote, Poland had the highest percentage of civilian casualties in War II.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post

Before remarking on someone else's 'knowledge' make sure that you know what you're talking about. I submit that Poland was worth fighting for and did not deserve being divided between two totalitarian regimes in 1939 after being invaded without provocation by them. As a footnote, Poland had the highest percentage of civilian casualties in War II.
        Poland is not as innocent as you tend to believe:

"Within the region originally demanded from Czechoslovakia by Nazi Germany in 1938 was an important railway junction city of Bohumín. The Poles regarded the city as of crucial importance to the area and to Polish interests. On 28 September, Beneš composed a note to the Polish administration offering to reopen the debate surrounding the territorial demarcation in Těšínsko in the interest of mutual relations, but he delayed in sending it in hopes of good news from London and Paris, which failed to come. Beneš then turned to the Sovietleadership in Moscow, which begun a partial mobilisation in eastern Belarus and the Ukrainian SSR and threatened Poland with the dissolution of the Soviet-Polish non-aggression pact.[4]

Nevertheless, the Polish leader, Colonel Józef Beck believed that Warsaw should act rapidly to forestall the German occupation of the city.[citation needed] At noon on 30 September, Poland gave an ultimatum to the Czechoslovak government. It demanded the immediate evacuation of Czechoslovak troops and police and gave Prague time until noon the following day. At 11:45 a.m. on 1 October the Czechoslovak foreign ministry called the Polish ambassador in Prague and told him that Poland could have what it wanted. The Polish Army, commanded by General Władysław Bortnowski, annexed an area of 801.5 km˛ with a population of 227,399 people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish...rder_conflicts

Comment

• Originally posted by Gooner View Post

Clearly long before Macron was even president then!
          Yes.......and? Doesn't help your argument one iota. Like I said, the current bill signed by Macron was in the works before either he or Trump.
          You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

I know perfectly. I lived in Belarus and half of country was subjected to Polish rule. They brought nothing of good to the locals. Poland was never worth fighting for. It can be useful sometimes as cannon fodder against Ottomans, Germans or others, but in the end it's of little value.

Comment

I know perfectly. I lived in Belarus and half of country was subjected to Polish rule. They brought nothing of good to the locals. Poland was never worth fighting for. It can be useful sometimes as cannon fodder against Ottomans, Germans or others, but in the end it's of little value.
              Kind of like France, in a way...right?
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Really? You think that of a major ally?
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

There is Youtube, a window in those countries. it's your choice to remain ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konzev View Post

There is Youtube, a window in those countries. it's your choice to remain ignorant.
                    As you are about Poland? In fact, I spent quite a bit of time in France while I was stationed in Germany and Austria, and was never very impressed. The "glory" of France died with Napoleon, and your graveyards are full of the bodies of young Frenchmen sacrificed foolishly in wars you could not win on your own.

Clearly, France no more deserved to survive as a separate nation than Poland did.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

As you are about Poland? In fact, I spent quite a bit of time in France while I was stationed in Germany and Austria, and was never very impressed. The "glory" of France died with Napoleon, and your graveyards are full of the bodies of young Frenchmen sacrificed foolishly in wars you could not win on your own.

Clearly, France no more deserved to survive as a separate nation than Poland did.
                      Really? To whom, then, would France belong?

Germany never won a war as an independent nation. It was created in 1871 and was the loser in Wars I and II.

By your reasoning, then, Russia does not deserve to survive as an independent nation at all. She was defeated in War I and without the allies would have lost in War II.

Comment

France is a great power and deserves it. Poland is not in the same category.

Comment

Really? To whom, then, would France belong?

Germany never won a war as an independent nation. It was created in 1871 and was the loser in Wars I and II.

By your reasoning, then, Russia does not deserve to survive as an independent nation at all. She was defeated in War I and without the allies would have lost in War II.
                          Lies again. Russia wasn't defeated in WWI and survived on his own in WWII.

Comment

Those countries only take a downturn, when they lose identity, their culture and their pride. When they sell out to entity's that replace those virtues with Greed and profits for a few, there is nothing left to stand for.

Comment

Germany never won a war as an independent nation.
                              It was created in 1871 and was the loser in Wars I and II.
                              You teach History in School ? "Da lachen ja die Huehner" (The chickens have a ball) :

How about their victory against the Herero and the Hottentotten ?

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              Russia won the war against the Ottoman Empires, before and after the Crimean war. And did not lost WW1, Austria and Germany had to retreat early in 1919, and got kicked out of the Baltics . Russia demolished 80% of all German Divisions and the landlease delivery's only played a marginal role, and where not implemented in force after the Soviet Army beat the Wehrmacht in front of Moscow.

Comment

Lies again. Russia wasn't defeated in WWI and survived on his own in WWII.
                                Interesting! Here I was believing that Lenin overthrew the government and signed a treaty with the Germans taking Russia out of the war!

Pruitt
                                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X